Who does not like getting acrylic nails? Acrylic nails also known as fake nails enhances the beauty of your nails and add a classy dimension to it. However, Acrylic nails last for 40-50 days, after that it starts to chip off which does not look attractive anymore and thus you need to get acrylic nails off. You have two options either you can visit the nail parlor to remove the acrylic nails that would be quite expensive or simply take acrylic nails off at home. Well the second option sounds quite reasonable, doesn’t it? If you want to remove the acrylic nails at home, then this article will definitely useful piece for you.
Ways to Get Acrylic Nails Off:
1.) Remove Acrylic Nails with Acetone
You must have had used acetone to remove the nail paint, well the same nail paint remover can help you to get acrylic nails off as well. It is a safe and inexpensive way to take off acrylic nails at home. For this you will need a foil paper, nail clipper, cotton and acetone. Read more to know ways to remove acrylic nails with acetone.
- First wash your hands and especially nails. Then take a nail clipper and trim the tips of your nails. Trim your nails short as short as possible. If you find difficulty while cutting the nails with the nail clipper, then use nail file instead. This will file your nails and give an appropriate shape as well. However, do not cut the nail bed.
- Once you have trim your nails as short as possible file them thoroughly. For this you can use a fine-grate buffer. This will help you to remove the paint and remove fake nails as well. While doing, this use long strokes that makes the process smooth and convenient for you.
- Meanwhile pour some acetone in the bowl. Alternatively, you can add warm the acetone by placing the bowl of the acetone in the large bowl filled with warm water. Do not even think of heating the acetone. Avoid putting it in the microwave also. Moreover, work in well ventilated place to avert the miss happening. For that sake avoid liting a cigarette around the work area.
- Since acetone tends to dry the nails so to protect your nails or to keep the moisture intact apply a good layer of petroleum jelly onto your nails with nail bed.
- After applying a petroleum jelly dip your nails into the boil containing acetone.
- Dip them for a while. Take your hands off the bowl and cover each nail with cotton and to secure it wrap an aluminium foil around. Leave it on for 30-40 minutes.
- After 30-40 minutes remove the aluminium foil. The cotton ball and acrylic nails will come along and thus task to get acrylic nails off will complete here.
- However, if you find it tedious to apply cotton ball and wrap it with aluminium foil, then simply dip your nails in the acetone for longer and then with a wooden stick pry your nails.
- After removing the acrylic nails, buff the traces of the acrylic nails. Acetone bath will make nails soft and thus it will be easy to remove the leftover fake nail.
- After buffing the nails thoroughly, it is time to shape them. Pick your nail clipper and file the nail to give it shape that you want.
- After shaping your nails, look for the traces of acrylic nail. If there are any then use the buffer to buff it.
- If there are no traces of the acrylic nails, then quickly to next step that is also a last step which is to moisturize your nails and skin.
- After remove the acrylic nails make sure you apply a good layer of the moisturizer on your nails. This will prevent the piling of nails and keep your nails healthy. For moisturizing you can use any hand moisturizer or simply slither around some coconut oil.
2.) Remove Acrylic Nails with Hot Water
Though acetone will give you a fruitful result however, it might tend to damage your nails if you do not take the required precautions. On the other hand, hot water remedy is effective and will not damage your nails however. So here are the steps to get acrylic nails off. Have a look.
- Rinse your nails thoroughly and remove the dirt stuck around.
- Then take a bowl and pour hot water into it. The water should not be too hot and cold. It should be hot enough, to immerse your nails in.
- For this dip a finger and check the temperature of the water. If it is too warm leave it for a while and if it is not warm, then microwave it.
- Dip you nail and only nails in the bowl contain warm water. Immerse you nails in the water for till the time you see; the acrylic nail has started getting off. If it does not keep your nails immerse in the water.
- After some time, the water will cool down so pour some more hot water into it. After a few minutes the acrylic nails will get swollen and thus you will get a hint that it is a time to take of the acrylic nails.
- Once the nails start swelling pet them dry and get a toothpick or an orange stick to pry your acrylic nails. Begin the process by lift the nail from front tip of your fake nails and scratch the nails.
- If you find the nails hard then dip them again the warm water. And then brush off the traces of the acrylic nails.
- After removing the traces of acrylic nails simply take nail file and shape your nails.
- After shaping your nails apply a good moisturizer. Warm water tends to dry the skin and nail little thus you need to moisturize them thoroughly.
- Do not forget to moisturize your nails and nail bed every night before going to the bed. To moisturize you can olive oil or coconut oil. You can also apply a thick layer of the Vaseline as well, since it has moisturizing elements and a petroleum jelly that will protect you nails.
3.) Take Acrylic Nails Off with Dental Floss
To get acrylic nails off your skin with dental floss you will need a partner you can hold the dental floss and help you to remove the acrylic nails. Since this could not be performed alone by you.
In addition to this, this method is not that safe as the previous one’s area so try to avoid this but if you can’t stop yourself from giving this method a shot then be careful while working.
- First take a cuticle stick to pry the bottom edge of the nail. The begin with gently prying your nails.
- Ask your partner to sit beside you and pass the dental floss to him.
- Meanwhile sit comfortable on the chair or a bed otherwise you might be hurting yourself.
- Ask your partner to place the dental floss under the nail. And then ask him to gradually work with dental floss back and forth beneath the nail. Your partner should slide the dental floss at first and then pull the floss to rip off the acrylic nails.
- Continue this until the entire acrylic nail is removed. Repeat this process with every acrylic nail.
- Your partner should slide left and right only and not in the upward or down position.
- Once the nails are removed by doing so buff them thoroughly.
- Last but not least moisturize your nails before hitting the sack.
4.) File your Nails to Get Acrylic Nails off
This is one of the basic way to get acrylic nails off. All it needs nail clipper, buffer and good moisturizer. This is quite a handy way to remove acrylic nails since you perform anywhere even while traveling or when you are get bore. This is also a nice way to kill the time in case you do not have anything to do.
- With a help of the nail clipper trim the tips of your fake nails as sort as possible. If you cannot trim the nails after a certain point, then simply cut them off or use a coarse nail file to file the acrylic nails.
- File each acrylic nail one by one. Spend a good time on each nail so that you get a fruitful result. File the nail until, only a thin layer over your natural nail remains. However, if you can continue the step without hurting yourself.
- Once you have reached a point where filing more can damage your nails, stop and work with cuticle stick.
- Lift the edge of the acrylic nail with the cuticle and gently clip off the traces of the acrylic nail with the help of the cuticle scissors. Lift the edge of the nail until the entire acrylic has bed removed.
- Repeat this with every nail until the fake nail has been take off.
- Be gentle while doing so. After removing the acrylic nails buff the nails remove the traces of the acrylic nail from your natural ones.
- Then file your nails to give them a nice shape.
- At last rinse, your hands, pat them dry and apply a nice moisturizer to prevent any further damage.
You can also go through following related articles: