A good shape of eyebrows is the most important feature of your face. Thick eyebrows are beautiful and exotic-looking. The shape of your eyebrows enhances your look by framing your eyes, by flattering your facial shape and by balancing your features. If you don’t have time to go to the parlour, then you can do your eyebrows at home. If you have full and thick eyebrows, then you might need to tweeze them. If you have small and thin eyebrows, then you need to fill them with the help of the pencil. It is necessary to keep your tiny arches on point at all times. You can give shape to your eyebrows such as makeup and tweezers. In this article, you will learn how to do your eyebrows.
Tools Used for Eyebrows:
- Eyebrow Powder- To fill thin and patchy spots
- Eyebrow Brush- Eyebrow brush is used for applying powder and combing hair.
- Eyebrow Scissors- It is used for trimming long hair.
- Tweezer- It is used for tweezing stray hair.
- Eyebrow Pencil- It is used for correcting the shape of eyebrows and then filling them.
- Eyebrow Serum- It is used for eyebrow growth.
- Eyebrow Highlighter- It is used for underneath the arch of your brows.
- Clear Eyebrow Gel- Once you have groomed your eyebrows, use a clear eyebrow gel to set the eyebrow hair in place.
Ways to Do Your Eyebrows:
1.) Visualize Your Brow Shape
The overall appearance of the eye area is defined by the length, arch and thickness of the eyebrow. So you need to first analyze your eyebrow shape. The front of the eyebrow should align with the upper bridge of the nose.
- Hold an eyebrow pencil or a ruler vertically in front of your face.
- If you want your brows farther apart, then line it up so that it touches the outermost edge of your nose and the inside of your eyes.
- If you want your brows closer than line up the straight edge on one side of the septum. These lines will help to determine where your brows should start.
- Mark that area with the help of an eyebrow pencil.
2.) Determine Arch to Do Eyebrows
By determining the arch you can give perfect shape to your eyebrows. Angle the straight edge so that it lines up with the outermost layer of your pupil and the outermost edge of your nose.
- Look straight ahead both your eyes and face should be looking directly forward at the mirror.
- Your arch should begin at the top of the brows.
- Mark that area with your eyebrow pencil.
3.) Determine the Outer Brow to Shape Your Eyebrows
Angle the straight edge so that it touches the outermost layer of your nose and the outermost edge of your eye.
- This will tell you where your eyebrow should end. Mark this point with the help of eyebrow pencil.
- Repeat the process with the other eye.
4.) Draw a Line to Do Your Eyebrows
Drawing a line along the bottom edge of your eyebrow will determine the thickness of the brow. Follow the natural arch of your eyebrow.
5.) Pluck the Stray Hair to Do Your Eyebrows
- Plucking the stray hair will help to give shape to your hair. Your eyebrows should be 0.5 to 1 cm at their thickest.
- Pluck minimum hair above the brow if you want to maintain the natural arch of your brow.
- Tweeze only stray hair.
- You can also give shape without plucking.
- If your eyebrows are sensitive then you can use ice to numb the area before tweezing.
6.) Determine Your Face Shape
The shape of the eyebrows will depend on the specific face shapes.
- To reduce the curve of a round face, direct the outermost third of the eyebrow towards the top of the ear.
- If your face is square, then direct it toward the middle of the ear. This will help to balance the face.
- If your face is long, then keep your eyebrow straight by directing it above the ear.
- If your face is oval, then you can direct the outer third brows towards the ear lobe.
7.) Fill the Sparse Spots to Do Your Eyebrows with Pencil
If your eyebrows are too dark or too light then fill them using an eyebrow pencil. You can use matte eyeshadow if you don’t have an eyebrow pencil.
- If your eyebrows are fair, then you can use pencil 2 shades darker than your hair. Or if you have dark hair, then you can use 2 shades lighter.
- Hold your skin tight and then line up along the upper edge of your eyebrows. Then line up along the bottom edge.
- With the help of feathery strokes, fill in between the 2 edges.
- Then blend it.
8.) Use a Clear Gel to Set the Eyebrows
Set the eyebrows by using a clear gel. Brush your brow hair and then apply gel to set the eyebrows.
- Now use mascara that can double as a brow gel.
- This prevents smudging.
9.) Trim Extra Hair to Do Your Eyebrows
Feathery hair looks full and beautiful. If you trim more, then the harsher hair will grow. You see that your hair is in ideal shape but are too long. Use an eyebrow trimmer to clean your look.
- Brush the hair upward by using a brow brush.
- Cut the extra hair that extends beyond the natural hairline.
10.) Use Powder to Do Your Eyebrows
Using powder is the best way to do your eyebrows. Once you are finished, apply a bit of translucent powder over the arch to set the brow pencil. Applying powder will soak the natural oil on your skin and keep your brows fresh.
- Over plucking is not good for your eyebrows.
- Don’t use an old pair of tweezers.
- Don’t make too much of an arch.
- Don’t forget the top side of the eyebrows. Keep the top area of browse free from hair.
- Don’t overuse your eyebrow pencil.
- Waxing is not good for your brows as it can cause painful tearing.
- Use a powder or an eyebrow pencil that matches the color of your brows.
- Brush your brows with a toothbrush or brow comb.
- By using concealer around your eyebrows you can give them an ultra-defined look.