Every woman desires for long and healthy hair. However, only a few are lucky enough to have such long locks. Even you can be one of them and that too without using a bundle of hair products. All you have to do is use olive oil for your tresses. And within the course of time, you will get shiny, lustrous, healthy and manageable hair. Apart from this, it will also help you to get rid of dandruff and lice. The good points of olive oil do not end here. Below we have listed some of the benefits of olive oil and different ways to use olive oil for hair.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair:
1.) Reduces Dandruff
If you are suffering from dermatitis also known as dandruff in laymen language then olive oil can prove a boon for you. Dandruff is a result of dry skin that leads to flaky particles and irritation on the scalp. Olive oil moisturizes the scalp and reduces dandruff. It also helps to treat other scalp infections.
2.) Add Shine and Strength
Olive oil is a good source of Vitamin A, E, and antioxidants. All these properties contribute to strong and voluminous hair. If you apply olive oil on hair regularly then your hair will become healthy due to nutrients they receive from this oil. It works as a conditioner and promotes long hair as well.
3.) Control Split Ends
Another benefit of olive oil for hair is that it helps to stop split ends. It is one of the common hair problems that most of the girl’s experience. To treat it they have to chop off their long tresses. But you need not do so, just apply olive oil on your hair and split ends will be gone forever. Olive oil subdues the hair, treats the frizziness, moisturizes your hair and tames them as well.
4.) Olive Oil Makes Your Hair Soft
Every girl urges for soft and lustrous hair. Now you can achieve it with olive oil. Since it has conditioning and moisturizing properties, therefore, it moisturizes your tresses and makes them soft. Moreover, it can provide silicon to hair that hair needs to become naturally vibrant soft.
5.) Tames Your Unruly Hair
Frizzy hair is a result of dryness. To combat with it, you need to moisturize your hair and provide them the oil which they have lost. And what better can be than olive oil. It hydrates the scalp and hair as well. Treats the frizziness. Moreover, to avoid the hair damage you can apply a few drops of olive oil on your strands before curling or straightening them. This will make your smooth and easy to manage.
Different Ways to Use Olive Oil for Hair:
After the benefits of olive oil now it’s time to discuss different ways to apply olive oil on hair. Below we have listed different ways to use olive oil for hair problems.
1.) Warm Olive Oil Massage
One of the common and easiest ways to use olive oil for hair is warm olive oil massage; It conditions the scalp and hair. And provide you healthy hair devoid of any problems.
Olive Oil for Hair Massage:
- Warm one to one and a half cup of olive oil. Then cool it for a while.
- Divide your hair into as many as the section you can then partly apply the oil with your fingers or cotton ball on the section by section.
- After applying the olive oil. Massage it on your scalp and use the leftover oil to run through the length of your hair.
- Use wide tooth comb to brush off your hair. During massage your hair gets tangles and narrow tooth comb will lead to breakage, therefore, use wide tooth comb to detangle them.
- After combing cover your hair with a hot towel. This will help to absorb the oil into the scalp. Then cover your head to avoid dripping of oil.
- Leave it on for half an hour or overnight. Then wash them off with water and shampoo on the following morning.
- Do this once a week.
- Mix altogether an equal amount of coconut oil and olive oil. Mix them thoroughly.
- You can add essential oils like lavender, almond, tea tree or avocado oil in it as well
- Microwave this mixture for a few seconds.
- Apply it on your scalp. Use your fingers to massage your scalp properly. Use the left oil to run through your length of the hair. Make sure you apply it to your ends.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and wrap a hot towel. Leave it for 5-8 minutes.
- After 20-30 minutes rinse it off followed by a mild shampoo and conditioner.
2.) Sugar Scalp Scrub and Olive Oil for Hair
A combination of sugar and olive oil will help to treat the scalp infection. It will exfoliate the scalp, removes the excess oil, reduce and bacteria that leads infection and will give you healthy scalp.
Way to Use Sugar Scalp Scrub with Olive Oil:
- In a small bowl add 4 to 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- Add olive oil to it and mix it well to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your scalp and then scrub it on your scalp in the circular motion.
- Leave it for 8 to 10 minutes and then wash it off with a mild shampoo, followed by conditioner.
3.) Vegetable Glycerin, Honey and Olive Oil for Hair
A mixture of honey, vegetable glycerin, and olive oil will moisturize the dry scalp. It helps to treat dandruff and provides the due nutrients to the tresses. It will make them soft and manageable.
Ways to Use Vegetable Glycerin, Honey, and Olive oil:
- In a blender add 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 ripe avocados.
- Blend all these ingredients to get a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your damaged tresses.
- Cover your head with the shower cap and leave it on for 30-45 minutes.
- At last, wash your hair with mild shampoo and warm water.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar with Olive Oil for Hair
ACV has an anti-inflammatory property that helps to get rid of the scalp infection and remove the excess oil from the scalp. Whereas olive oil moisturizes the scalp, provides strength to the tresses and makes them shining. And when both these ingredients are combined it will be like an icing on the cake for your hair and scalp.
Ways to Use ACV and Olive Oil:
- Massage olive oil on your scalp thoroughly for a few minutes with your fingertips.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for a few hours or overnight.
- Next morning shampoo your tresses and use ACV as a conditioner.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse it off with water.
5.) Tea Tree Oil with Olive Oil for Hair
If there is lice in your hair then this is a hand on a remedy for you. It removes the lies from hair, get rid of bad odor from the scalp and nourishes the hair. It also promotes hair growth.
Ways to Use Olive Oil and Tea Tree Oil:
- Mix together 5-7 drops of tea tree oil and 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix them thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp.
- Cover it with a shower cap. Leave it on for overnight.
- Shampoo your hair next morning.