Hormones play a crucial role in the proper functioning of the body and metabolism. Hormones imbalance is quite common in both male and females. It could be due to the stress, anxiety, deficiency of nutrient, lack of sleep and consuming toxins. Hormonal changes during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy and menopause are common. Since the body goes through so much changes during this time. However, if you are suffering from the hormonal imbalance then you must start following the remedies to promote hormone balance. Read more to know remedies to balance hormones naturally.
Remedies to Balance Hormones:
1.) Coconut Oil to Balance Hormones Naturally
First in our list of remedies to balance hormones is coconut oil, especially extra virgin coconut oil. It helps to balance hormone levels naturally. Moreover, it is good to reverse the hypothyroidism since it hampers the production of the hormones. It also has medium-chain fatty acids that supports proper function of the thyroid. In addition to this, the oil also balances the sugar level and promotes the immunity. It also speeds up the metabolism and helps in weight loss.
- Consume 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil regularly for a few months until you see visible changes.
- It can be used to for cooking as well.
- Alternatively, give yourself a nice body massage with this oil. It will improve the blood circulation and will keep the stress at bay.
2.) Fenugreek to Balance Hormones
Another home remedy that can considerably help you to balance your hormones is fenugreek seeds. It is packed with the phytoestrogen. It has an effect on the estrogen. Moreover, it also helps in aiding the lactation and breast enlargement. In addition to this, fenugreek seeds improve the metabolism of the glucose. It is a good remedy for diabetes as well since it helps to reduce blood sugar level and treats the obesity and metabolic disorder as well.
- In a cup of warm water, steep a few seeds of the fenugreek for a few minutes.
- Later strain the water and drink it. For added benefits and good taste you can add some honey and lemon to it.
- Alternatively, you can have supplements of the fenugreek seeds. Consult your doctor for specific dosage.
3.) Omega-3 Fatty Acids to Balance Hormones Level
Omega-3 fatty acids have a crucial role in balancing the hormones. They help in producing the hormones that helps to balance hormone levels. Both men and women can use omega-3 fatty acids. However, they are much effective for women since they help in reducing the menstrual cramps and symptoms of menopause also. Moreover, they are packed with anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants that take care the overall health of the women.
- One must foods that good sources of the omega-3 fatty acids to balance the hormones. Walnuts, flaxseeds, tofu, soya beans, and fish oil are high in omega 3 fatty acids.
- The supplements of omega 3 fatty acids are also easily available at the drug store so you can have them to get the sufficient omega-3 fatty acids. However, consult your doctor first for the proper dosage.
4.) Vitamin D to Balance your Hormones
Another remedy that will definitely help to balance your hormones is vitamin D. We all know how much this nutrient is crucial for our body. It strengthens the bones. To balance the hormones, it effects the pituitary gland, that produces the hormones. Moreover, it reduces the symptoms of low estrogen levels. The nutrient also targets the weight and appetite as well. The deficiency of this nutrient may lead to abnormal production of parathyroid hormones.
- Sunlight is a natural and great source of the vitamin D. So, make sure you sit regularly under the sunlight.
- Simultaneously consume foods that are rich source of vitamins. Foods like cod liver oil, eggs, milk and oily fish are high in vitamin D.
- Alternatively, you can supplement of vitamin D.
5.) Exercise to Balance the Hormones
Exercise is probably the best way to balance the hormones and reduce weight as well. It effects the hormone production and reduces the cortisol level. Cortisol is a stress hormone that tends to hamper the production of the estrogen. In addition to this regular exercise helps to trigger the release the chemicals in brain that helps to lift the mood, since hormonal imbalances effects the mood swings so it is the best way to improve the mood swings.
- Workout regularly for 30-40 minutes.
- A regular brisk walk, running and jogging in the morning and evening will also be considerable help for you.
- You can also take yoga classes, learn swimming or and dance style as part of exercise.
6.) Magnesium to Promote Hormone Balance
Magnesium helps in the hormone regulation. It assists the body in the body in the production of the RNA and DNA that are considered as building blocks for the survival. Moreover, magnesium encourages the digestive tract to absorb the essential nutrients such as protein, good fats that promotes the production of healthy hormones. In addition to this, it helps in the production of the serotonin.
- Consume foods that rich sources of magnesium.
- You can also have the supplements of magnesium. However, consult your doctor for the exact dosage.
7.) Maca Root to Balance Hormones
Maca roots are considered as endocrine adaptogen that helps to promotes the hormone production. It also reverses the hypothyroidism. Most of the hypothyroid hampers the production of the hormones. In addition to this, Maca root also promotes the fertility and is good for libido as well.
- In a cup of green tea, juice yogurt, smoothie or in a water, a pinch of the Maca root.
- Drink this daily. Gradually you can increase the quantity of the root form the pinch to a tablespoon.
- Drink this for a few months to see visible differences.
8.) Chasteberry to Balance Hormones Naturally
Next in our list of remedies to balance hormones is chasteberry. Also, known as vitex, chestberry is a good hormonal tonic specifically for women. It helps to calm down the the effects progesterone. Moreover, the berry stimulates the pituitary gland that helps in balancing the hormones i.e. egestrone and progesterone. In addition to this, chasteberry helps to reduce the premenstrual syndrome and cures menstrual related problems as well. It increases fertility and regulates the ovulation.
- You can have 400-500 mg powder capsule of the chestberry regularly for a few months.
- Alternatively, you can have this herb in the tincture form. For the proper dosage, do consult your doctor.
- P.S -Avoid taking chestberry during the pregnancy.
9.) Basil Leaves to Balance Hormones Level
Next in our list of remedies to balance hormones we have is basil. The leaves of the basil work as a natural adaptogen. It reduces and balances the cortisol’s level. High level of cortisol has an adverse effect on the thyroid gland, pancreas and ovaries as well. Moreover, it improves your mood and foster the mental creativity.
- Chew a few basil leaves for some months.
- Alternatively, you prepare an herbal tea also. In a cup of hot water add basil leaves. Cover the cup and leave it too steep for a while. After a few minutes strain the water, add some honey and drink it.
- You can drink this herbal tea two times a day regularly until you get visible changes.
10.) Asian Ginseng to Balance Hormones Naturally
Asian ginseng also known as Korean red ginseng helps to balance the adrenal gland that leads to production of the stress hormones. It works as a adaptogen and balances the hormones in the body. Many studies have shown that the regular intake of the Asian ginseng helps to relieve the symptoms of the menopause. In men, it helps to increase the production of the sperm.
- Consume 200 to 400 mg of this extract regularly for a couple of weeks, then take a break for a few weeks and start taking it again.
- Do this for a couple of a months to see the visible changes.
11.) Withania Somnifera (Ashawgandha) to Balance Hormones
Withania somnifera also known as ashawgandha is one of the renown Ayurveda medicine for many health problems including balancing hormones as well. In makes you active and reduces fatigue and stress as well.
Moreover, it restores the hormones in the body, since it works as adaptogen that reduces the cortisol level. In addition to this, it promotes the production of the dehydroepiandrosterone, androgens and testosterones. Adding to benefits, it helps in improves the function of the thyroid.
- Consume 250-300 mg of ashwagandha two times a day regularly.
- You can also look for supplements.
12.) Gelatin to Balance Hormones
Another remedy that will prove worthy is gelatin. It helps to promote the hormone balance. It is great source of the essential nutrients such as calcium and minerals such as phosphate and magnesium. These minerals help in proper digestion and promotes hormones production.
- Prepare dessert contain natural gelatin for yourself.
- Make sure you do not consume gelatin that does not have chemicals.
13.) Avoid Caffeine to Balance Hormones
Cutting off a cup of coffee from your routine might be little difficult task for you. But trust us, it is worth doing since it will help to balance your hormones. Access of caffeine in your blood stream encourages the endocrine imbalance. If you cannot cut it down than it list go for a caffeine free coffee. Or the best way it substitutes it with the healthy drinks such green tea and juices. If you find it too difficult to give up coffee in one go then gradually reduce the quantity and the number of cups.
14.) Avoid Toxins to Balance Hormones
Toxins tends to imbalance the hormones thus we advise you to avoid the toxins, especially the foods that have toxins. Household cleaners, plastic contains toxins therefore avoid using the plastic utensils and household cleaners that aren’t safe. Moreover, most of the veggies and fruits are pecks with pesticides so it is better to consume organic vegetables and fruits.
15.) Take a Sound Sleep to Promote Hormones Balance
Sleep plays a crucial role in our body’s metabolism. Improper sleep also lids stress that hampers the production of the hormones in the body. Therefore, it is important to sleep for 7-8 hours at night. Make sure that you have nice sleep. If you have disturbed sleep then consult your doctor or look for the remedies that helps you to sleep fast.