Ear infection is caused by bacteria and viruses in the middle ear. It occurs more often in children than adults. Some causes and factors that can lead to ear infections are upper respiratory infections, wax build-up, food allergies, fetal alcohol syndrome, environmental allergies etc. some common sign that someone is suffering from an ear infection are pain in the ear, difficulty sleeping, high fever, poor response to sounds fluid draining from the ear, diarrhea, vomiting etc. many infections clear up on their own with home ear infection treatment, but most severe cases may require prescription antibiotics to cure an ear infection completely.
Ways to Cure an Ear Infection:
1.) Garlic to Treat an Ear Infection
Garlic has antimicrobial properties and natural pain relieving qualities that make it a highly effective remedy to cure an ear infection. There are few ways to use garlic as a home treatment.
- You can make garlic oil by cooking two garlic cloves in two tablespoons of mustard oil or sesame oil until it turns blackish. Strain the solution. When it will get bearly hot use two to four drops of this oil in the infected ear as ear drops.
- Or you can use another method. Boil two to three fresh garlic cloves in enough water for about five minutes then crush them and add some salt. Put this mixture in a clean cloth and place it against the affected ear.
- Consume two to three cloves of raw garlic daily. It helps to speed up the healing process.
2.) Basil to Cure an Ear Infection
You can also use basil to treat a minor earache and ear infection. It can help to relieve ear pain and reduce infection.
- Crush four to five fresh basil leave and gently extract the juice from it. apply this juice on or around the ear. Be careful when applying and avoid the juice getting in the ear canal.
- You can also use another method. You can mix few drops of holy basil oil with an equal amount of carrier oil such as coconut oil. Take a cotton ball and soak in this mixture and gently wipe just inside the ear, around the outer edge and behind the ear. Repeat the process twice a day to cure an ear infection.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of an Ear Infection
It is considered as one of the best option due to apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and anti fungal properties. To get rid of the fungus that may be causing the ear pain, you can use apple cider vinegar.
- You need to mix one part of apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of alcohol or water.
- Take a cotton ball and soak in this solution. Put this cotton ball in your ear like a plug and leave it for about five minutes.
- Remove the cotton ball and lay down on your opposite side to drain the liquid from the ear. Then use a hair dryer to dry your ear as much as possible.
- If you don’t have apple cider vinegar so you can use white vinegar. If the cause of the ear infection is in the Eustachian tube, so you can try gargling with apple cider vinegar.
4.) Olive oil to Cure an Ear Infection
One of the main cause of an ear infection is wax present in the ear-catching some fungal and bacterial growth lead to a blockage in the Eustachian tubes. You can easily clear the obstruction with the help of the olive oil. It is considered as one of the best remedies to cure an ear infection.
- You need to warm some olive oil slightly. Put a few drops of the warm oil in the infected ear
- The oil will help to soften the wax. remove the infected wax with the help of cotton-tipped swabs. Be careful not to put the swab too deep in the ear or you might damage the eardrum.
- If you want, so you can use mustard oil.
5.) Warm water Bottle to Treat an Ear Infection
As soon as possible apply some heat on the infected ear. This will help to quickly relieve some of the pain and will also prevent microorganism infestation. It is very effective method to cure an ear infection.
- Press a heating pad or warm water bottle against the ear.
- You can also use a warm compress. you will need to dip a washcloth in the lukewarm water and ring out the excess water, then place the washcloth on the infected ear.
- Keep in mind to not to apply heat to the ear for long periods of time. start with five minutes, remove the heat for a while and then repeat the process as needed.
6.) Salt to Cure an Ear Infection
Salt is probably the most readily available remedy.
- Heat up one cup of salt in a pan over low heat for a few minutes. you can also heat this in a microwave or double boiler.
- Place the hot salt on a cloth and seal the open end with rubber band
- When it is bearly hot, lay down and put the cloth on the affected ear for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use this remedy daily as many times as needed. The heat generated from the sock will help to draw out the fluid from the ear and relieve swelling and pain.
- Or you can use another method. Use one of rice in the same manner as salt use.
7.) Onion to Get Rid of an Ear Infection
Onion is a very common ingredient used in cooking. It has too many medical uses, including for the treatment of an ear infection. It is very effective to cure an ear infection.
- Chop one small piece of onion, put it in a bowl and microwave it for about one to two minutes.
- Let it cool and then strain out the onion juice.
- Put two to three drops of this onion juice in the infected ear and leave it for some time and then turn your head to let it drain out of your ear.
- Or you can bake an onion for about half an hour. Cut it into two halves and put one-half in a thick cotton cloth.
- Place the cloth on the infected ear for about five minutes. wait for 10 minutes and then repeat the process.
8.) Tea tree Oil to Treat an Ear Infection
Tea tree oil has mild antibacterial properties that can give instant relief from an earache. To cure an ear infection you need to follow these steps.
- Mix three drops of tea tree oil, a teaspoon of colloidal silver, two tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Warm this mixture slightly.
- Lay on your side with your head on a towel. Fill your ear with the mixture using a dropper and let it sit for about five minutes. Turn and lay on another side so that the mixture the drains out of your ear completely.
- Use this remedy two to three times a day for about two days to cure an ear infection.
9.) Mango leaf juice to Get Rid of an Ear Infection
Mango leaf juice is a quick and effective remedy to treat an ear infection.
- You need to crush or grind two to three mango leaves to extract the juice out of it. then slightly warm the juice.
- Put three to four drops of the juice into the infected ear using a dropper. You will feel relief from the pain within a few minutes.
- Use this remedy two to three times a day for to get full relief from an ear infection.
10.) Breast milk to Cure an Ear Infection
Breast milk has natural antibodies that can help to speed up the healing process from any kind of ear infection. It will help to reduce the swelling and discomfort caused by an ear infection and can get rid of an ear infection within one or two days. this remedy is very effective and works for both adults and children.
- Out a few drops of breast milk into the affected ear using a dropper
- Use this remedy in every few hours as needed.
- Breast milk can also be used to treat eye infections, minor burns, and minor cuts.