After writing how to get rid of roaches?, how to get rid of fruit flies?, how to get rid of ants?, how to get rid of fleas?, and home remedies to get rid of bed bugs naturally, we are now writing the way to use baking soda to kill bed bugs with some other DIY remedies for bed bugs. Bed bugs can infest every corner of your house. It is quite difficult to get rid of bed bugs. But there are some methods that will help you to kill bed bugs. In this article, you will get to know about how to kill bed bugs. Bed bugs are attracted to warm blood animals or humans to survive. When someone is bitten by bedbugs then a red bump appears and you will feel itching. The bed bugs saliva contains the anesthetic that causes an allergic reaction which turn into red bumps. They are very similar to a mosquito bite, but last for a long time. It is possible to get scars and skin infections from scratching the bites. Read the article to know does baking soda kill bed bugs? with some other DIY remedies to kill bed bugs.
Bed bugs are small and brownish insects that live on the blood of humans or animals. Bed bugs are oval and flattened in shape. Bed bugs don’t fly, but they can move over ceilings, floors and walls. Bed bugs can enter in your home through clothing, beds, luggage, couched and other items. Bed bugs don’t make their nests like bees or ants. But they live in groups of bedbugs in hiding places. Bed bugs are usually active at night and can bite people while they are sleeping. They stung the skin and withdraw the blood through a hole.
Signs of Bed Bugs Infestation:
- Bites on your body like red bumps on the skin.
- Bed bug skin
- Sight of dried blood
Does Baking Soda Kill Bed Bugs? With Some Other DIY Methods:
1.) Baking Soda to Kill Bed Bugs Fast and Naturally
People usually think how does baking soda kill bed bugs? Baking soda has been drying out properties, which is great for starve bed bugs to death. The drying properties of baking soda to help absorb moisture from the bed bugs and finally they starve to death.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Kill Bed Bugs:
- Take a brush and dip it in a bowl of dry baking soda powder and then use the brush to apply a layer of baking soda around the cracks or where bed bugs usually hide.
- Also, apply it below and over your mattress and bed spring area. Whenever bed bugs cross over the baking soda powder, it will stick to their body and dry them out and finally kill them.
- Reapply it after some days to prevent the bed bug infestations in your home. Its the best natural remedy to kill bed bugs without harming your family member.
2.) Use The Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuum your house is the best way to remove bed bugs. This method will remove bed bugs and their eggs from carpet, walls, mattresses and some other surfaces. Pay attention to tufts, seams, edges of mattresses, box springs and edge of wall to wall carpets. Then, dispose the content of the vacuum in a trash bag. Steam cleaning of carpets is also beneficial for treating bed bug infestation. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter which is very effective and after vacuuming sprinkle the baking soda for further action.
3.) Clean All Fabrics to Kill Bed Bugs
Cleaning fabrics are one of the best ways to kill bedbugs at home. Bed bugs are sensitive to heat. Dry your all clothing and bedding items on high heat. First, dry your clothes normally, then add 30 more minutes to dry it.
- Clean your clothes, curtains, bedding, sheets, pillows, luggage, dressing and other garments on the highest heat.
- Now, keep your cleaned clothes from uncleaned items.
4.) Use The Rubbing Alcohol to Kill Bed Bugs Infestation Fast
The dehydrating effect of alcohol helps to kill bed bugs.
Steps to Use Rubbing Alcohol:
- Fill the spray bottle with the rubbing alcohol.
- Spray this rubbing alcohol on the infested areas to get rid of stubborn bed bugs quickly.
- An alternate method, you can also coat the furniture and walls with rubbing alcohol to control bed bugs as the bad smell keeps the bed bugs away.
5.) Mint Leaves to Control Bed Bugs Infestation
Mint is a natural herb and one of the best and effective remedies for controlling bed bug infestation. It works as a bed bug repellent.
Steps to Use Mint Leaves to Get Rid of Bed Bugs Naturally:
- Take some mint leaves and crush them.
- Now, sprinkle the mint leaves around the sleeping areas.
- Before going to sleep, you can rub the crushed mint leaves on your skin.
- You can also use sachet of dried mint leaves between your linen closets and mattress.
6.) Cayenne Pepper to Kill Bed Bugs
Cayenne pepper is the best home remedy to stop the bed bugs from entering into the house. The pungent smell of cayenne pepper helps to remove them.
Steps to Use Cayenne Pepper to Control Bed Bugs Infestation:
- Sprinkle some cayenne pepper in some areas to avoid the bedbugs.
- An alternate method, boil a cup of water and add 1 tsp of cayenne pepper, grated ginger and oregano to it.
- Strain the solution and spray it around the areas where bed bugs usually hides. The smell of the solution keeps the bugs away and prevents bed bugs from spreading.
7.) Tea Tree Oil to Kill Bed Bugs Fast
Tea tree oil is one of the best essential oil, which is best known for its anti-microbial properties. It also helps to get rid of all microbes including viruses, fungi and bacteria.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil to Treat Bedbugs Infestation Fast:
- Use tea tree oil to clean your home.
- You can also apply tea tree oil on the clothing and some other areas.
- An alternate method, make a solution by mixing tea tree oil and lukewarm water. Pour this diluted solution in a spray bottle and spray it on the walls, carpets, beds, furniture, linens, mattresses, clothes and drapes.
- Repeat it every week to eliminate the bed bugs.
8.) Indian Lilac or Neem to Kill Bed Bugs
The smell and anti-microbial properties of Indian Lilac helps to eliminate bed bugs effectively and quickly.
Steps to Use Indian Lilac to Treat Bed Bugs Infestation Fast:
- Take some neem leaves and crush them. Now, spread the neem leaves in the infested areas. You will see there will be no bed bugs.
- Another method, put some neem leaves in boiling water. Now, boil it for ten minutes and then strain the solution. Take a bath with this solution to treat the infected skin and keep the bed bugs away from you.
- You can also spray neem oil in all the infested areas to get rid of bed bugs naturally.
9.) Bean Leaves to Treat Bed Bugs Infestation
The bean leaves help to kill bed bugs. Bean leaves help to trap the pests like bed bugs in the infested areas. The bean leaves use trichomes to kill the pests, including bed bugs. These trichomes or microscopic hair are present on the leaf surface that helps to pierce the bug’s feet.
Steps to Use Bean Leaves to Prevent Bed Bugs Infestation Fast:
- Take some bean leaves and spread them in your room where you see the bed bugs.
- You can also make a solution by adding bean leaves in a cup of boiling water. Pour this solution in a spray bottle and spray it on the bed bugs infested areas.
- Repeat this remedy in every week to control the bed bug infestation.
10.) Lavender to Get Rid of Bed Bugs Fast
Lavender oil, soap or its powder helps to remove bed bugs quickly. It is one of the effective ways as the scent of lavender oil kills them. Take some lavender leaves and put them in the infested area to keep the bed bugs away.
11.) Clove to Treat Bed Bugs Infestation
The pungent smell and acidic pH of the clove helps to kill the bedbugs. Clove is one of the effective home remedy for bed bugs. Use clove oil and apply it to the exposing areas such as mattress, pillows and other infested areas to control the bed bug infestation.
12.) Light Spray Insecticide to Prevent Bed Bugs Infestation
A light misting is sufficient and it should be repeated in 7 days to prevent bed bug infestation.
- Use insecticide to clean all household items such as sofas, bed frames, tables, couches, molding, wall, wall units and window dressing. As the insecticide helps to get rid of bed bugs.
- Spray the insecticide in the entire kitchen, bedding, bath, mattresses seams, woodwork, and box spring. Once it gets dry, apply box spring covers and mattress.
- Now carefully spray it in all the cracks, exposed areas and surrounding woodwork. Diatomaceous earth can be used in these areas.
DO’S to Kill Bed Bugs:
- Wash your clothes in hot water when they come in contact with the infested area.
- Be careful while using pesticide to kill the pests. Keep your children away from pesticides.
- Call a professional if the above remedies don’t work.
- Throw the affected things from the house.
- Use plastic cover to cover your spring box and mattress.
- Check the corners of the mattress daily.
- Remove the clutter from the bedrooms.
DONT’S to Kill Bed Bugs:
- Don’t use insecticides or pesticides on baby cribs or toys.
- Don’t move things from a bedbugs infested area as it will spread bedbugs to another place.
- How to get rid of cockroaches?
- How to get rid of ants?
- How to get rid of bed bugs?
- How to get rid of fruit flies?
- How to get rid of gnats?
- How to get rid of wasps?
- How to get rid of fleas?
- How to get rid of mice?
- How to get rid of head lice?
- How to get rid of mosquito bites?
- How to get rid of bed bug bites?