Fever is one of the common health conditions. If the fever prevails longer than it could be a symptom of any deadly infection or health diseases. Well, fever is time when our antibodies fight with antigens. Antigens are the foreign body that could be a virus or bacteria. The duration of the fight is termed as fever. So, it is not a serious problem since it is a time when out body fights back with pathogens and virus entering in the body. If these virus wins the battle than they could lead a serious problem. So, you need to take care of your body and helps it to fight back with the antigens. Nothing could as effective as home remedies. Below we a have listed number of home remedies for fever.
Best Home Remedies for Fever:
1.) Cold Water to Treat Fever
In contrary to all the myths associated with the fever, and cold water making the condition worst, cold water is in fact one of the best home remedies for fever. It helps to control the body temperature. It is a good solution to treat the high temperature. However, the water should not be too cold.
- In a bowl pour cold water, dip a towel or hanky in it. Wring out the excess water from it, fold the cloth and dab it on the forehead.
- Leave the towel on the forehead and the back of the neck for a few minutes, then replace it with another towel. Repeat this until the temperature comes down.
- You can also a take bath with cold water. Make sure the water isn’t too cold.
2.) Cure Fiver with Turmeric
Turmeric is one of the potent remedy for fever. It is packed with medicinal and curative properties that help to cure fever and signs of fever as well. A compound called curcumin is present in the turmeric that has antibacterial, antiviral properties. In addition to this it also has antioxidants that fight backs with the infection and helps to cure the fever.
- In a cup of hot milk add one and a half teaspoon of turmeric along with some black pepper. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and drink it.
- Alternatively, you can also add a teaspoon of turmeric into a glass of warm milk and drink it regularly before going to the bed. This will prevent the accurance of any health ailment.
3.) Basil Leaves to Cure Fever
Basil is one of the holy grail for fever. It not only helps to treat the fever in fact helps to cure the symptoms such cold, cough and body ache associated with it. It is known to be a natural antibiotic that is packed with the medicinal properties.
- Prepare a cup of soothing herbal tea with basil leaves. In a cup of hot water, add a crushed piece of ginger, a few basil leaves. Leave too steep for a while.
- After a few minutes strain the tea add a tablespoon of honey to it and drink it when it still warm.
- Drink this herbal tea 2-3 times in a day.
- You can also chew the leaves of this holy grail.
- Alternatively, in a cup of hot water add black pepper and basil leaves. Steep it. After a few minutes strain the tea and sip it.
4.) Ginger to Get Rid of Fever
Ginger is another household ingredient that works as a wonderful home remedy for fiver. It draws the heat from the body which helps to bring down the body temperature. Moreover, it is packed with the antibacterial and antiviral properties that supports the proper functioning of the immune system and fights back with the infection.
- Fill your bath tub with hot water and crushed ginger to it. Soak your body in this water for a few minutes. Later oat dry your body and cover yourself with the blanket. After a sometime the sweating will start which will eventually reduce the temperature of the body.
- Alternatively, prepare a soothing ginger tea for yourself. In a cup of hot water, add crushed ginger. Leave it to steep for a while. After a few minutes strain the water, add a tablespoon of honey in it and drink it when it is still warm.
- Also, you can have ginger juice along with honey and lemon juice to get rid of fever naturally. Eat this, a few times a day until the temperature is not reduced.
- Follow any or all the methods to cure fever with ginger
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Fever Treatment
Apple cider vinegar is one ingredient that can help to cure number of problems associated with the skin and health which includes fever also. It is packed with the acid that draws out the heat from the body therefore it reduces the temperature of the body. Moreover, it is great source of minerals that helps to replenish the minerals that are washed away from the body.
- In you bathing tub mix hot water with 2 cups of apple cider vinegar. Immerse your body in this water. Soak yourself a few minutes in the same water. You will immediately see the difference. Repeat this when you have high fever.
- Alternatively, in a bow add one part of ACV along with double parts of water. Soak a washcloth into it, wring out the excess water and place it on your forehead. Leave it for a few minutes and then change the cloth.
- Also, in a glass of water add 2 teaspoons of ACV and a tablespoon of honey. Mix it and drink this solution to get rid of fever naturally.
6.) Garlic to Cure Fever Naturally
Garlic is one of the kitchen staple that comes handy in treating many ailments including fever. It promotes the sweating that in turn helps to reduce the temperature. Moreover, it is packed with curative properties that helps to treat the cramps, headache, cold, runny nose that are quite common during the fever. Plus, it stops the growth of the virus in the body and prevent it from spreading further. Thus it is one of the best home remedies for fever.
- In a glass of warm water, add a minced bulb of garlic. Leave it too steep for a few minutes. After 5-7 minutes strain the tea and drink it, when it is still warm.
- For added benefits you add a tablespoon of the honey in the tea before drinking it.
- Alternatively, heat two tablespoons of the olive oil along the few cloves of the garlic. Once the garlic turns into red remove it from the gas. Leave this at the room temperature. Then strain the oil and massage it on the foot. After a nice massage cover the feet with socks.
- P.S- Pregnant women and toddlers must avoid this remedy.
7.) Raisins to Cure Fever Naturally
Next in our list of home remedies for fever is raisins. It helps in reducing the body temperature during the fever and also combats infection. All thanks to its antibacterial property that helps thus dry fruit to do so. Another benefit of having raisins during fever is, it is packed with antioxidants. And we all know how much antioxidants are important for the proper functioning of the immune system.
- In a bowl of water soak 20-25 raisins. Oak it until this dry fruit becomes tender and soft,
- Then blend the raisins in the blender and strain it after wards,
- Collect the pulp or juice of raisin in a glass, add some lime juice to it and gulp it.
- Drink this juice a few times a day to cure fever.
8.) Cure Fever with Mint
Mint is also considered as one of the best home remedies for fever. Its cooling property helps at a great extant to get rid of fever. It cools down temperature of the internal system and draws out the heat from the body.
- Prepare a soothing herbal mint tea for yourself to get rid of fever. In a cup of hot water add a few leaves of mint, a tablespoon of black paper and ginger powder. Leave it to steep. After a while strain the tea and sip on the tea.
- You can also prepare a relaxing herbal tea consisting of mint and honey only.
- Drink any of the above listed min tea a few times a day until you get relief from fever and its associated symptoms like stuffy nose, body ache and flu, etc.
9.) Egg White to Get Rid of Fever Naturally
This remedy might come as a surprise to you. But trust us this one of the best home remedies for fever. It acts like a cool jell and draws the heat from the body that helps to bring down the temperature of the body. Moreover, it is packed with the essential nutrients that helps the body to replenish the depleted nutrients in the body.
- In a bowl, separate egg while and neat it until you get a nice consistency.
- Soak the paper towel or a light cloth into it and place it on your feet sole.
- And then wear the socks. Leave the cloth until it dries out completely.
- Then replace the cloth with another and repeat the entire process.
- Repeat this until the temperature comes down visibly.
- Also, prepare a poached egg for yourself to retreat your body
10.) Sandalwood to Treat Fever
This remedy too might come as a surprise for you. Sandalwood is packed with cooling and therapeutic properties that makes it one of the best home remedies for fever. It helps to reduce the inflammation caused due to the fever. Also, it is a wonderful remedy for headache. It relaxes the entire body that intern helps to speed up the healing process.
- Prepare a thick paste of sandalwood and water.
- Apply this paste on the forehead. This is also a nice remedy to curb pimples and acne prevailing on forehead.
- Apply this paste several times until you get satisfactory results.
11.) Drink Water to Cure Fever
Drink plenty mount of water. Water helps to draw the heat from the body and it flushes the toxins present in the body. This speeds up the healing process. Moreover, it is a great solution for head ache and dehydration that are quite common during the fever. Water will hydrate your body and will balance pH of your body. Along with water drink fresh juices, broths and soups. These drinks contain essential nutrients that helps to replenish the depleted nutrients from the body. Moreover, they have antioxidants that is very necessary for the immune system. Thus it is one of the best home remedies for fever.
12.) Rest for Fever Treatment
No remedy would be effective until you take a sufficient rest. Most of the time exertions and stress are the prime causes of the fever. Bother of the be dealt with stress only. Keep your body warm. Male you cover yourself with the blanket. This will lead to the formation of the sweating. And the heat will draw out in the form of the sweat. So, resting is equally important. Make sure you do not turn on fan while sweating, it will work against.
Things to Remember:
- Do not drink carbonated drinks.
- Avoid junk foods
- Do not exert yourself.
- Try the above listed home remedies first if none of them helps you then consult your doctor.
- Do not take medicine without consulting the doctor.