Most of the people have suffered through food poisoning at one time or another. It is caused by the bacteria, virus or other toxins in food. Some of the symptoms are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps. You should not ignore food poisoning. When you suffer from food from poisoning your body likely to lose more water than normal. So you need to drink more water to stay hydrated. Drinking more water will help you to flush out the toxins causing your symptoms. If fact when are experiencing vomiting and diarrhea it is important to increase your fluid intake with water and clear fluids and avoid taking solid food. Also start to take treatment immediately with simple and readily available ingredients from your kitchen. Here is the list of some home remedies for food poisoning.
Home Remedies for Food Poisoning:
1.) Ginger to Treat Food Poisoning
Ginger is one of the excellent home remedies for food poisoning. It cures almost all types of digestive problems, including those which is caused by food poisoning.
- Drink one cup of ginger tea after eating lunch or dinner to stop heartburn, nausea, and other types of symptoms associated with food poisoning. To make ginger tea, you need to boil one teaspoon of grated ginger in a cup of water for a few minutes. If you want so you can add some sugar or honey and your tea is ready.
- Or you can use another option. In which you need to add a few drops of ginger juice to one teaspoon of honey. swallow it several times a day to reduce pain and inflammation.
- You can also eat slices of raw ginger.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Food Poisoning
Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature which has an alkaline effect due to the way it is metabolized in the body. It can also alleviate various food poisoning symptoms. It can soothe the gastrointestinal lining that can kill the bacteria and give you instant relief which make it one of the best home remedies for food poisoning.
- You need to mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a cup of hot water. Drink it before eating your food.
- Or you can drink two to three teaspoons of undiluted apple cider vinegar to treat food poisoning.
3.) Lemon to Get Rid of Food Poisoning
Lemon has antiviral, antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties that give you much relief from food poisoning. The acids present in lemon helps to kill the bacteria that is caused by food poisoning, this properties of lemon make it one of the best home remedies for food poisoning.
- Take one or two lemon and extract the juice out of it, then add a pinch of salt in it and drink it two to three times a day.
- You can also sip on warm water with lemon juice to clean out your system.
4.) Basil to Treat Food Poisoning
Basil is an excellent herb that help to soothe the abdominal discomfort caused by food poisoning. It also has antimicrobial properties that help to fight the micro organisms. It is considered as one of the best home remedies for food poisoning. You can get the benefits from basil in several ways.
- Take few basil leaves and extract the juice out of it and add one tablespoon of honey in it. drink this herbal solution several times a day. you can also add some fresh coriander juice in it.
- Take basil oil and put a few drops of it and put it in a four cups of drinking water. Drink it slowly throughout the day to kill bacteria causing stomach pain and other problems.
- Or you can prepare a mixture of few basil leaves, some sea salt and a pinch of black pepper to three tablespoons of plain yogurt. Take this three to four times a day to get rid of food poisoning.
5.) Garlic to Cure Food Poisoning
Garlic is very effective in fighting with food poisoning due to its strong anti bacterial, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties which make it best home remedies for food poisoning. It also relieves symptoms such as abdominal pain and diarrhea.
- Take 2 fresh clove of garlic and put it on the cup of boiling water. Let it steep for about 10 minutes. Then drink this solution to get the positive result.
- Or you can eat a fresh garlic clove, swallow it with water. If you can tolerate the smell of garlic so you can also try garlic juice.
- Or you use other method. You can make a mixture of soyabean oil and garlic oil and rub it on your stomach after eating.
6.) Fenugreek Seeds and Yogurt to Cure Food Poisoning
Yogurt has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that can help to fight the bacteria causing food posining. Fenugreek seeds help to treat abdominal discomfort. It can is one of the best remedies for food poisoning.
- You can take one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds along with a teaspoon of yogurt. You just need to swallow the seeds of fenugreek seeds , don’t chew them. The combining effect of yogurt and fenugreek seeds will give you an immediate relief from stomach pain as well as vomiting.
7.) Cumin Seeds to Treat Food Poisoning
Cumin seeds is also called jeera. It can ease abdominal discomfort and stomach inflammation due to food poisoning. It is one of the best home remedies for food poisoning.
- Boil a cup of water and put one teaspoon of cumin seeds in it. then add one teaspoon of coriander extracted juice and coriander leaves and a little salt. Drink it twice a day for a few days to see the positive result.
- You can also make an herbal drink from cumin seeds, asafetida and salt. Drink it two to three times a day. this will cleanse the system and relieve your symptoms.
8.) Banana to Get Rid of Food Poisoning
- Eating just one banana will help you to restore your energy level. You can simply eat a ripe banana to you can make a tasty and heathy banana shake. Drink it two to three times a day to see the positive result.
9.) Peppermint Tea Cure Food Poisoning
Consuming difernt types of herbal tea can help you to soothe your disturbed system and keep your body hydrated. You can consume peppermint tea it has soothing effect on your stomach and can provide relieve from stomach cramps. It is one of the best home remedies for food poisoning.
Drink 2 to 4 cups of peppermint tea or you can even anything that contain prppermint or menthol like candies and chewing gum. It calm down the contraction in the stomach and help in digesting food, and expel gas.
10.) Honey to Treat Food Poisoning
Honey has both antibacterial and anti fungal properties that can be effective to treat indigestion and other symptoms of food poisoning. You can take it in a pure form. It is one of the best home remedies for food poisoning.
- Consuming a teaspoon of honey three times a day can heal and upset stomach and stomach ache as well. It can also control the formation of excess acid in the stomach.
11.) Activated Charcoal to Get Rid of Food Poisoning
Activated charcoal have a property that it can attract poison and binds with them rendering them inactive. It is one of the effective home remedies for food poisoning. You can take it in a powder form and mix it with water. You can also take it in a capsule and tablet form. A typical dose of charcoal capsules/ tablets is 1 to 4. This dose can be repeated after 30 minutes and then hourly if the symptoms persist. You should take it with a plenty of water to avoid constipation.
12.) Rehydration to Treat Food Poisoning
Food poisoning is very stressful for the body. If you have lost a lot of fluid form diarrhea and vomiting. Then you will need to replace the lost fluids and electrolytes from the body. The best way to get all those electrolytes is to take herbal teas, drink juice and soups. Sports drinks usually contain electrolytes. Blackstrap and bananas also contain significant magnesium and potassium. For most people pinch of extra salt can also be a source of electrolyte to the food and added to food, soup or water to restore sodium to the body.