In this article, we are discussing several home remedies to get rid of a boil naturally. A small red, inflamed lump can make you impatient. Skin carbuncle or boils come with severe pain, redness, swelling and fever. Boil is also known as Furuncle. These boils can be irritating and painful and make daily actions seem like a difficult task. They take place because of an inflammation of the hair follicles beneath the skin due to bacterial infection. The reason behind this problem is a staphylococcal bacterial infection. You may experience sore pain as the lump is full with pus and dead tissues that worsen the condition. Most of the times boils appear in the armpits, face, eyes, shoulders, neck, buttocks and thighs. If left untreated or not treated in time, the infection might lead to a serious problem and can erupt as a another boil near by.
Boil can be infectious and can be increased or spread through direct skin contact or sharing personal things of the affected person. Any injured skin area, due to shaving, scraping or scratching, can be vulnerable to the formation of boils, particularly the sensitive areas like inner thighs, buttocks, face. There are several reasons that causes boils include Hormonal changes, perspiration, excessive usage of oily cosmetics, alcoholism, poor hygiene, tight clothing, weak immune system, malnutrition, exposure to harsh chemicals, diabetes, and chemotherapy. But not to be bothered, this condition can be fixed easily. Read this article further to know some effective home remedies to get rid of a boil fast and naturally.
Causes of Boil:
- Poor hygiene & poor immune system
- Poor nutrition
- Exposure to chemicals that irritate the skin.
Symptoms of Boil:
- Infected skin around Boil.
- Red, tender, warm and swollen lump.
- Clutter of boils i.e: carbuncle
- High temperature
- The glands may become swollen.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of a Boil Naturally:
1. Warm Compress to Remove a Boil
Warm compress is very essential in treating boils on face, inner thighs, buttocks and legs. When you apply a warm compress over your boil, you accelerate the process of bursting and softening of the boil. When you put some salt to your hot or warm water compresses, this will fetch the boil to a head faster. It also diminishes the pain and helps remove the pus to the surface. Once the boil comes to a head, it explodes with repetitive soakings.
- Warm water
- Salt 1 tsp
- Wash cloth
- Wash your boil gently and softly using warm water.
- Boil some water and add 1 tsp of salt into it.
- Let the water cool down.
- Soak a cotton ball or washcloth in the warm water.
- Squeeze out the excessive water from a washcloth.
- Place this washcloth over your boil.
- Keep it there for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure again and again for 15 mins.
- Make sure you don’t use the same washcloth again.
- Take new one every time you do the process.
- Repeat this process for 2-3 times a day to get rid of a boil.
2. Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of a Boil Fast
This is one of the beneficial remedy to get rid of a boil fast at home. We get tea tree oil from Melaleuca alternifolia. Tea tree consists of excellent antibiotic, antifungal and antimicrobial properties. It has been conventionally used for many skin problems such as ringworm and psoriasis. This oil is equally helpful to get rid of a boil fast and naturally.
- Tea tree oil
- Take 2-3 drops of tea tree oil and massage onto your boil and the surrounding area softly and gently using a cotton ball or your fingers.
- If you find it annoying, you can dilute it with some water.
- Use an elastic bandage to cover the boil.
- Wash your hands well after applying the oil.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
3. Neem (Margosa) to Treat a Boil
Neem is famous by many names, the popular one is Indian Lilac and Margosa. Lilac has been used since ages to treat several skin, hair and health problems. Lilac consists of anti-inflammatory, antiulcer, antihyperglycaemic, antimalarial, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antimutagenic, antioxidant immunomodulatory and anticarcinogenic properties. Traditionally, Lilac has been used for treating, infections, inflammation, fever, skin and dental problems. It is also helpful for boils and is one of the best natural remedies to treat boils fast.
- Neem leaves
- Take few neem leaves and grind them in a grinder using with water to make a paste.
- Apply this neem paste directly on the affected area.
- You can also boil some leaves in a bowl filled with water.
- Let it cool down.
- Now, rinse your boil area with this warm water.
- Repeat this process for 3-4 times a day for better results.
4. Onion to Cure a Boil Naturally
Onion is known to be one of the best home remedy to get rid of a boil fast and naturally. Onions consist of twenty-five active elements within it. Among all, the flavonoids and the potassium salts have anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, onions, particularly red onions, help remove toxins out of your body and ease skin inflammation along with sterilizing wounds. It also helps in blood circulation, thus take out all the pus from the boil.
- Take an onion and cut it into big slices.
- Use a bandage to hold or cover the onion over the boil.
- Keep the onion slice for 3-4 hours.
- Change after every 3-4 hours.
- You can also boil an onion in a bowl of water.
- Strain and use this warm water to rinse your affected area.
- Do this process for about a week to see better results.
5. Garlic to Get Rid of a Boil Naturally
Garlic is a part of the Allium family, similar to that of onions. It consists of sulfur-containing compounds like allen, allicin and ajoene. Garlic has excellent anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties. Thus, it is one of the best remedies to get rid of a boil fast and naturally.
- Garlic cloves
- Take some garlic cloves and crush them.
- Now, apply the crushed garlic over your boil and cover with a cloth or bandage.
- Leave it for 15 min.
- Now, wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process for 3-4 times a day to remove a boil fast and naturally.
- Also, include garlic in your cooking. Add them to your salads, gravies and soups.
6. Onion-Garlic Juice to Heal a Boil
Now, you know the benefits of both, garlic and onion, to get rid of boils. So, using them together helps heal the boil faster. This is also an Ayurvedic treatment for boils where you use garlic and onion juice to heal boil.
- Garlic cloves
- Cheesecloth or Sieve
- Take one onion and 2-3 cloves of garlic and crush them.
- Place both in sieve or in the cheesecloth.
- Now, press cloth to extract their juice.
- Apply this juice directly to your boil.
- Repeat this process for 4-5 times a day.
7. Potatoes to Treat a Boil
Potatoes are rich in various vitamins and minerals that are essential to get rid of a boil fast at home. They are loaded with, B-complex vitamins, vitamin C and they have large amounts of iron, manganese, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Potatoes also have flavonoids, tannins and alkaloids that make them helpful for skin and overall health. The alkaline properties of potato are good for treating boils faster at home. It also has help ease you of pain accompanied with boils.
- Take a potato and cut it into thin slices.
- Place the slice over your boil.
- Keep it for 15-20 mins and then replace it with another.
- You can also use potato juice by grating it.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this juice 2-3 times a day.
8. Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Boil Fast
Epsom salt is actually Magnesium Sulfate. The heat of the warm, compact helps take your boil to a head to remove pus easily. Epsom salt, on the other hand, removes all the toxins out of it and therefore reduces bump and relieves pain in your infected area. If boil takes place on any other part of the body, you can immerse it in the warm water with Epsom salt. This is one of the best treatment for the removal of a boil at home.
- Epsom salt
- Warm water
- Fill up your bathtub or a bowl of warm water.
- Put 1-2 tsp of Epsom salt to this.
- Soak your boil or affected area in this water for 10-15 mins.
- Do this each day to get rid of a boil fast and naturally.