This article is about the ways to get rid of bed bug bites. Bed bugs are tiny beasts that infest your house and make your house their nest. They live in the cracks of walls and you are their delicacy. These little cowards attack you while you are asleep and feed on your blood. The bites itch, swell and there it also hurt. Bed bugs loves wet and moist places and thus are basically located in the cracks of the walls. They are also found in the furniture and mattresses of your house. They are easily transferred to one place from other and thus you can find them when brought some second-hand furniture or returned from some trips. Exposing your furniture and matrices to sun light help get rid of bed bugs easily. If they are in the cracks of the walls, then you can wash it off with soapy water or vacuum the house. Well, in this article, our focus will be on the treatment of bed bugs and thus we are going to discuss some of the best remedies that are used to get rid of bed bug bites. Read the article to learn the best remedies for bed bug bites.
Remedies to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites:
Bed bug bites are just like any other insect bites. Bed bug bites itch and cause skin irritation. You can also have some burning sensations. Thus, we here present to you some of the best remedies for bed bug bites treatment. These remedies are easily available or you can make them easily by using handful ingredients present every time around you. You just have to be dedicated while using these remedies. These remedies require regularity. Remedies to get rid of bed bugs are:
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Baking Soda is one of the best remedies for bed bug bites treatment. It has anti-inflammatory properties that deal with burning sensations. It also helps get relief from redness and itchiness. What you have to do is make a paste with baking soda and apply it topically on the affected area. Follow the given steps for the purpose:
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with some water to make a paste.
- Now apply the paste on the affected area and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with water.
- Do it several times a day for best results.
2.) Cold Compress to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Cold compress is one of the best ways to cure insect bites. It is also an instant way to deal with redness and swelling. It fights of inflammation as well. What you have to do is give your bites a cold compress and you will have the instant results. Follow the steps for the purpose:
- Take a clean cotton cloth and put four ice cubes in it.
- Wrap it well and apply it on the affected area.
- Keep repeating as per your requirement.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most amazing remedies used to treat a number of skin problems. It is equally effective at bed bug bites as well. It is rich in contents that helps get rid of inflammation, swelling and redness. Follow the steps given below to use it:
- Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a bowl and dilute it with water.
- Take a cotton swab and dip in the vinegar.
- Apply it on the bites and leave for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, wash it normal water.
- Keep repeating the process as per your requirement.
4.) Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
You can also use Aloe Vera gel to get rid of bed bug bites. Aloe Vera has soothing properties and also helps speed up the healing process. It works on irritation and inflammation and relieves you from pain and itchiness. What you have to do is:
- Take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it into.
- Extract the gel from it in a bowl.
- Now apply the gel on the affected area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash with cool water.
- Repeat the process several times a day for best results.
5.) Witch Hazel to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
You can also opt for witch hazel to heal bed bug bites. It is mostly used as a facial cleanser which is easily available at drug store. It helps calm itching effectively. Also, it helps treat inflammation and swelling. Follow the steps given below to use it.
- Take some witch hazel in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton swab in it and apply on the affected area
- Keep the cotton on the affected are and hold it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, you can remove the cotton.
- No need to wash the area, but wash the area before repeating the process.
6.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Lemon is one of the most effective remedies used to cure bed bug bites. Bed bug bites can cause rashes on the affected area. Lemon juice has natural astringent properties that help dry out these rashes and stimulate the healing process. It also helps you get rid of swelling and itchiness. The only bad part about lemon is that it can cause sunburn. So, it is advised avoid sunlight after using it. To use it:
- Take a lemon juice in a ball.
- Use a cotton ball to apply it on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry on its own and then rinse off the area.
- Repeat as needed.
7.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Cucumber has cooling properties that calms down the inflammation. It also helps you get rid of redness and itchiness. Using it is also easy. But, before using it, make sure that it was kept in refrigerator for some time. What you have to do is:
- Take a cucumber and cut it into thick slices.
- Rub the slices on the affected area.
- Leave it as it is and repeat as you require.
8.) Tea Bags to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Tea bags also have soothing properties that helps speed up the healing process. Just follow the steps given below to use it:
- Boil a glass of water and dip two tea bags in it.
- Now keep the tea bags in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Apply the tea bags on the affected area and you cure bed bug bites well.
9.) Basil to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
You can also go for basil leaves to cure bed bug bites. It has soothing properties that help deal with the inflammation and itchiness. What you have to do is:
- Take a few basil leaves and grind them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it with normal water and you will see the difference.
- Do it twice a day for best results.
10.) Toothpaste to Get Rid of Bed Bug Bites
Yes, you can also use toothpaste to heal bed bug bites fast at home. Using it is simple. You just have to apply it on the affected area. Make sure that you can white toothpaste. It has menthol that helps cool the burning sensations and irritation.