After writing how to get rid of stomach ache?, how to get rid of acid reflux? and how to get rid of heartburn?, we are now writing how to get rid of gas pain? The term gas pain or gas is generally associated with the embarrassment and thus people do not wish to talk about it in private. But what’s bad in it, it is one of the common problems that people deal with. It is similar to headache and stomach ache. You do not need to hide it. When gas is formed in the intestine and body is not able to release it, the trapped gas leads to gas pain. Pain in chest and abdominal is generally associated with gas pain. Read more to know remedies to get rid of gas pains.
Causes of Gas Pains:
- Foods that have soluble fiber
- Vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, bakes beans and whole wheat as well.
- Chewing a gum.
- Drinking with straw
- Carbonated beverages
- Eating too fast
Remedies to Get Rid of Gas Pains:
1.) Asafoetida to Get Rid of Gas Pains
Asafoetida is one of the excellent home remedies to get rid of gas pains. It is known to be natural gas painkiller because it is packed with antispasmodic properties. It helps to relieve the gas pain. Moreover, it also helps to expel the severe gas and prevents the formation of the gas as well. Another advantage of asafoetida is, it is safe for toddlers as well and it promotes the process of digestion as well.
- In a tablespoon of warm water, mix a pinch of the asafoetida and gulp it down.
- For babies, spread this mixture around the baby’s navel in the clockwise motion.
- Or can simply, mix some asafoetida powder in mashed banana and give it to your baby.
- Adults can mix a teaspoon of the black salt and asafoetida and suck it water to get rid of gas pains.
2.) Peppermint Tea to Relieve Gas Pains
Another remedy that definitely aids gastric pain is peppermint. It contains menthol that has antispasmodic property that soothes the muscle of the digestive track. Moreover, it soothes the nerves and stomach as well that helps to relieve the gas pain. It also distresses your body and promotes the digestion process.
- In a cup of warm water dip a peppermint tea bag.
- Cover the cup and steep it for a while so that the goodness of the tea bag gets infused in the water.
- After a while sip on the peppermint tea.
- Alternatively, you can have used the dried leaves of the peppermint as well. This a great remedy for bloating as well.
3.) Ginger to Treat Gas Pains
Ginger is one of the ideal remedies for all the stomach related problems including nausea, stomach ache, indigestion formation of the gas and gas pains. It soothes down the muscles and stomach. Ginger is packed with the chemical compounds that are solos and gingerols that helps to relieves all stomach related problems. It is good to expel the gas as well. Moreover, it has carminative properties that speeds up the entire process of clearing the gas and curing the pain.
- There are many ways to prepare a ginger tea to relieve the pain associated with the gas. In a cup of war water, add minced ginger roots. Steep it for a while.
- Strain this solution and add a honey for the added benefits and enjoy the tea.
- Drink this ginger tea 2 times a day to cure gas pain.
4.) Caraway to Get Rid of Gas Pains
Caraway has been used since ages because of its curative properties. It helps to treat the gas pains and also prevent the formation of the gas. It promotes the smooth function of the digestive tract that intern helps to expel the gas.
- Munch on a few seeds of caraway for gas pain treatment. You can also have caraway crackers instead.
- If the bloating is quite regular, then a have a pinch of the caraway seeds every morning.
5.) Chamomile Tea for Gas Pain Treatment
Chamomile is a great substitute of peppermint. It has all the beautiful properties that peppermint possesses. It has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that relaxes the muscles and helps to cure the gastric pain. If you are allergic to peppermint, then go ahead with chamomile. In addition, it is one of the best remedies for heartburn.
- Boil a cup of water, dip a chamomile tea bag into it and steep it for a while.
- Then remove the tea bag from the water and keep the cup of water at the room temperature to let it cool down.
- After a few minutes add a tablespoon of honey to it and gulp to relieve the gastric pains.
- You can use also use chamomile leaves instead.
6.) Pumpkin to Cure Gas Pains
Pumpkin is also one of the best remedies to get rid of gas pains and flatulence. It helps to reduce the amount of gas produced. Moreover, it helps to expel the gas as well. Apart from it, pumpkin is one of the low carb vegetables.
- Whether it is baked, steamed or broiled, pumpkin can be eaten in any of the form to relieve bloating and gastric problem.
- You can also have a glass of fresh pumpkin juice.
7.) Lemon Water to Get Rid of Gas Pains
Lemon water is very good for the health. It helps to cleanse the liver and keeps all the stomach related problems at the bay. Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and also has an acid that stimulates the production of the hydrochloric acid. Also, known as HCL, it helps to breakdown the food. This means the more the production of HCL, more will food break down and thus there will be gas and bloating. Which eventually means there will be no gas pain. Moreover, the water flushes the toxins and keeps your digestive system going.
- In a cup of warm water mix juice of half lemon. Gulp it early in the morning on empty stomach.
- You can also lick on lemon juice for the treatment.
8.) Anise Seed for Gas Pain Treatment
Another home remedy that works wonder on stomach and helps to get rid of gas pains in anise seeds. It has anti-spasmodic properties that relaxes the digestive track. This eventually helps to cure the gastric cramp. In addition to this, it has carminative properties that helps to expel the gas out and relieve the bloating. Another benefit of anise seed is that it is good for toddlers as well who experience gastric problems frequently.
- Suck on the anise seeds with water to cure the gas pain.
- For toddlers, mix a pinch of anise seeds in the small cup of water and ask your kid to drink it.
9.) Fennel to Cure Gas Pains
Fennel helps to relieve digestive problems such as gas. It consists of the antis-pasmodic and carminative properties that help to expel the trapped gas and cure the pain as soon as possible. In addition to this, it also prevents the formation of the gas as well.
- In four cups of water, boil one and a half teaspoons of the fennel seeds. Boil it for a few minutes. Once the water is boiled enough, cool it at the room temperature and make your baby sip a few tablespoons of this solution 2-3 times a day.
- Adults can simply suck on to the fennel seeds to curb the pain.
10.) Cumin Seeds to Get Rid of Gas Pains
This is one of the Ayurveda remedy for gas pain and bloating. It helps to expel the gas and treats the pain as well. It stimulates the digestion process that intern helps to get rid of the gas pains.
- Boil a cup of water and add one and a half tablespoon of cumin seeds to it. Boil it enough.
- Allow this solution to cool then give a spoon of this solution to the toddler.
- Adults can prepare a mixture of cumin seeds, asafoetida and black salt to curb the problem.
11.) Yogurt to Cure Gas Pains
Another remedy that will definitely work in your favor is yogurt. It has a natural enzyme that helps to expel the gas and treats the gas pains. It is high in probiotics as well. Moreover, it is good for the overall health as well.
- When you experience gas pains, eat cup of yogurt.
- This will help you to get rid of the gas pains.
12.) Papaya for Gas Pains Treatment
It might not taste well, but trust us it is a wonderful fruit to have. It helps in the digestion and has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties that helps to expel the gas and prevents the formation of the gas as well. Moreover, it is good for overall health, plus skin as well.
- Chop a few slices of papaya, sprinkle black salt on the slices and have it.
- Alternatively, a fresh prepared papaya juice is a best option to get rid of gas pains.
13.) Warm Compress to Get Rid of Gas Pains
Warm compress is one of the immediate remedy to relieve the gastric pain and period cramps as well. It gives an immense relief from the pain and the warm temperature helps to expel the gas from the body and soothes the muscles.
- If you have a heating pad that is the best option.
- Otherwise, fill a plastic bottle with warm water and use it as warm compress.
- Or, soak a towel in the warm water and squeeze the extra water. Place this towel around the stomach. Replace the towel as soon as it cools down.
14.) Massage to Get Rid of Gas Pains
Believe it or not massage has power to heal anybody pain and gas pain is no less. It soothes the muscles which eventually helps to expel the gas out and reduce the pain associated with the gas. Moreover, it will relax you and distress your body as well.
- Rub some mustard oil or olive in your hands.
- Massage it on the stomach in the clockwise direction for a few times.
- Then massage your back for a few minutes.
- This method is suitable for both adults and babies as well.
15.) Exercise Regularly to Prevent Gas Pains
In order to prevent gas pains, exercise regularly. This will prevent the trapping of the gas in the muscles which will eventually reduce the chances of gas pains. Moreover, it will keep your body active. Brisk walk, jogging, running and cycling are good to prevent gas pains. This will create the pressure on the legs that will eventually expel the gas.
Things to Remember:
- Avoid carbonated beverages and foods that cause gastric pains
- Drink plenty of water.
- Keep the stress at bay. For this you can consider yoga and meditation.
- Try to release the gas as soon as possible.
- You can have antacids but try to avoid antibiotics.
- Eat slowly.
- Avoid drinking with straw.