Gout is a type of arthritis that can affect a different part of your body like small joints on the hands, ears, wrists, ankles or knees. Acute pain, swelling, intense, tenderness nd inflammation in the joints are the symptoms of gout. The exact cause of gout is still unknown but due to a high amount of uric acid in the body one of the reason. Some other possible causes are excessive consumption of alcohol, genetics, lack of physical exercise, excessive intake of protein and too much stress. it is also linked with another type of health problems such as diabetes, hypertension, and uric acid kidney stones, so its important to get proper medical treatment. Some easy home remedies can promote healing and provide relief from the symptoms. Here is the list of home remedies for gout.
Home Remedies for Gout:
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Gout
- Apple cider vinegar, which is used to treat headaches and acid stomach, also helps treat arthritis and gout. The acidity in apple cider vinegar will help relieve acute pain. You can also add honey to the remedy to boost the body’s anti-inflammatory response. It is one of the best home remedies for gout
- Mix one teaspoon of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with a glass of water
- Drink this solution two to three times a day.
- If you find this remedy helpful to you, so you can increase the dosage of apple cider vinegar to up to two to three tablespoon
2.) Ginger Root to Cure Gout
Ginger root has anti- inflammatory properties which make it very helpful in relieving pain and inflammation. You can use ginger in many was to treat gout. It is one of the best home remedies for gout
- You need to mix equal amount of turmeric powder, fenugreek powder and dried ginger root powder. Take one teaspoon of this mixture of powder with a glass of warm water. Take it twice a day to see the positive result.
- Or you can just simply add ginger root in your meal or can eat a small raw piece of ginger root daily.
- You can try another method. Add one-half teaspoon of ginger root to one cup of boiling water and mix it well. Then drink this solution once a day.
- Or you can make a paste of ginger root with a little water and apply this paste on the affected area. Leave it for about half an hour. Use this treatment daily.
3.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Gout
To the relief from gout pain, it is important to alkalize the body and neutralize the excess uric acid in the bloodstream. This can be easily done with baking soda and fresh lemon juice. Along with juice you can also eat other fruits rich in vitamin C. It helps to strengthen the body tissue. Lemon Juice is considered as one of the best home remedies for gout
- Extract the juice of one lemon and mix one-half tablespoon of baking soda. Let it sit for a few seconds until the fizzing stops, then mix it with a glass of water. Drink it immediately when the fizzing stops.
- You can use another option. Mix the juice of half lemon with a glass of water. Drink it three times a day.
4.) Baking Soda to Treat Gout
One main factor which is responsible for the contribution of gout is an increase of uric acid in the body. Baking soda can lower the amount of uric acid and give you relief from the pain. Baking soda is one of the best home remedies for gout
- You need to mix the one-half teaspoon of baking soda with a glass of water.
- Drink this solution three to four times a day nor more than that.
- Drink this solution for about 2 weeks to see the positive result.
- If you above 60 years do not take more than three times a day. Don’t use this remedy if you have the problem of hypertension.
5.) Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Gout
Epsom salt is very effective home remedies for gout and other forms of arthritis. The high amount of magnesium present in Epsom salt improve the condition of your heart and will help to lower the high blood pressure. You need to ska the affected body part in a warm water mixed with Epsom salt to relaxes aching muscles and relieves pain.
- You can also take bath with Epsom salt water. Put two cups of Epsom salt in a warm water and take bath.
- Soak your body in it until the water starts to losing heat.
- Do this once a week. If you have severe gout, you can use this method to two to three times a week.
6.) Cherries to Treat Gout
Cherries whether sour or sweet can be very helpful in treating gout. It has antioxidant properties which make it effective home remedies for gout. Cherries contain anthocyanins which can reduce the inflammation and minimize gout flare ups.
- Those who are suffering from gout, it is highly recommended for them to eat 15 to 20 cherries a day. For better result start your day with some cherries.
- Or you can use another method, drink a glass of black cherry juice daily. If you want you can also add minced garlic cloves in it to enhance the healing process.
7.) Apple to Cure Gout
It is very common to hear people say that ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away. It is a good and healthy habit to eat at least one apple a day, especially if are suffering from gout.
- Experts suggest that eating an apple after each meal help to treat gout. The malic acid present in apples helps to neutralize the uric acid in the body and relieve gout pain and inflammation. If you don’t like to eat apples, so you can try apple juice, it is very helpful. Along with the apples, it is a good idea to eat raw carrots daily.
8.) Bananas to Treat Gout
Bananas are very effective home remedies for gout. The high potassium content present in bananas will help to convert uric acid crystals into the liquid form the will be flushed out of the body later through urination. It also contains moderate amount of vitamin C, which can be very effective in managing pain and swelling.
- You just simply need to eat one or two bananas daily. Soon you will notice the improvement in your condition.
- Or you can use another option. You need to add one ripe banana with one-half cup of yogurt. This will also help to keep the problem of diarrhea away.
9.) Cold Water to Get Rid of Gout
Cold water is one of the simple home remedies for gout. Placing the affected area in cold water will help to reduce the swelling and pain. If you are suffering from gout, then don’t directly apply ice on the skin, there are a chances that it can damage the skin and make your condition worse.
- Immerse the inflamed and swollen joint in cold water for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then repeat the process several times a day.
- You can also use an ice pack, place the ice pack for about 15 minutes, but first wrap it in a towel before placing it on the affected area. Use this twice a day. Avoid excess use of ice packs because it can lead to crystallization of uric acid.
- Os if you are suffering from gout, simply try these home remedies for gout to get relief from the pain and inflammation. Keep in mind that there is no quick cure. Time and determination need to treat grout.
10.) Activated Charcoal to Get Rid of Gout
Activated charcoal is one of the best home remedies for gout. It is known to absorb uric acid so that it can be safely used for the treatment of gout. Those who are suffering from gout should take a bath from charcoal two the three times a week for the better result.
- You need to mix one-half cup of charcoal powder with enough amount of water to make a thick paste. Put this paste in a tub and more water. Then soak your affected body part for at least half an hour. This remedy is very effective for gout in the ankle joint or big toe.
- If your gout is on other body parts than the feet, then make a charcoal paste and apply it on the skin. Leave it for a half an hour, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Or you can use another method. You can take activated charcoal capsules orally to relieve from the gout pain and inflammation. But first, consult your doctor before taking capsules.