This article is about how to get a splinter out. Pulling out a splinter is not an easy task. It becomes more difficult when you know that you have to dig your skin to pull it out. Pulling a splinter out becomes difficult if it is very small. If the splinter is a quite a big one that it can be removed easily.In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best ways that will help you get a splinter out of your skin. Read the article and learn about the best ways to get rid of splinter.
Methods to Get a Splinter Out:
Splinter is a thin sharp piece of wood. Though splinter is very small in size but it can be really painful. It is enough to distract your mind and can even spoil your day. If the splinter is in foot then it is really going to hurt a lot. If the splinter is small in size then you can remove it by yourself. But, if some big splinter has penetrated your skin deeply, you need to seek medical help. Here are some of the best ways to get rid of splinter at home. Ways to get a splinter out are:
1.) Use tweezers to Get a Splinter Out
This is one of the easiest and the most commonly used method to get rid of splinter. This remedy is a perfect one if the splinter is completely visible or peeping out. You should be a little carefully while using splinter on your skin. Follow the steps for the purpose:
- Take some alcohol in a cup.
- Dip tweezers both the ends into alcohol.
- Now, hold the visible sliver between the tweezers and pull it out.
- You will get rid of it immediately.
2.) Baking Soda to Get a Splinter Out
Baking soda is also one of the most amazing remedies for splinter removal. Best part about baking soda is that it works effectively on even very tiny splinters. It pushes the splinter out and makes it easy to be pulled out. What you have to do is:
- Take a tablespoon of baking soda.
- Add enough water to it and make a paste.
- When the paste is ready, apply it on the affected area.
- Cover it with a tape and leave for a few hours.
- After a few hours, remove the tap.
- Splinter will be pushed up and now you can easily get it out.
3.) Needle to Get a Splinter Out
Yes, the sewing needle can also help you get rid of splinter. Needle is one of the best ways to get rid of splinter is clearly visible through a transparent cover of skin over it. Follow the steps given below to use a needle to remove splinter:
- Take a needle and sterilize it first.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in alcohol.
- Now, use it to clean the needle.
- Insert the needle into the skin.
- When it reaches splinter, scrape it out.
4.) Potato to Get a Splinter Out
Potato can also be used to get rid of sliver. Using it is easy. Just follow the steps given below and you will be able to take it out easily:
- Take a potato and cut it into thick slices.
- Now rub the potato on the affected area.
- Keep pressing the slice of potato till the splinter pierces it.
- Now, it is ready to be removed.
5.) Adhesive Tape to Get a Splinter Out
Adhesive tape is also one of the most effective ways to get rid of splinter. Not a many people know that adhesive tape can also be used to remove splinter. This is a very easy way to be used. What you have to do is:
- Take an adhesive tape and apply it on the affected area.
- Rub your fingers on the tape and press it inward.
- Leave it for 30 seconds.
- Now pull the tape at once.
- This will take the splinter out.
6.) Eggs to Get a Splinter Out
Eggs are also among the most effective remedies for splinter removal. It is easy to use and take splinter out of the skin. You have to use the shell of the egg. What you have to do is:
- Take an egg and break it.
- Collect its contents in a bowl.
- Now place the inner wall of the shell on the splinter.
- It will make splinter ease out of the skin.
7.) White Vinegar to Get a Splinter Out
White vinegar can also be used as one of the most effective ways to get rid of splinter. What you have to do is:
- Soak the affected area in white vinegar.
- It will push the splinter to come out.
- Now you can remove it with the help of a tweezers.
8.) Epsom Salt to Get a Splinter Out
Epsom salt is also one of the most amazing remedies for splinter treatment. Follow the given steps to use it:
- Apply some salt on adhesive side of a band-aid.
- Now wrap it around the affected area.
- Epsom salt will cause swelling and inflammation in the area.
- Now you can remove the splinter easily.
9.) Hydrogen Para Oxide to Get a Splinter Out
Hydrogen Para oxide is also one of the most effective ways to get rid of splinter. Follow the steps given below to use it:
- Apply some hydrogen peroxide on the affected area.
- It area will be swollen and inflamed.
- Splinter will be visible clearly.
- Use tweezers to pull the splinter out.
10.) Glue to Get a Splinter Out
Glue is also one of the most effective remedies for splinter removal if the splinter is visible through the skin. What you have to do is:
- Drop some glue on the affected.
- Allow it dry.
- When it has dried off completely, pull the glue.
- It will take the splinter away with it.