In this article, we will suggest some of the best home remedies to get rid of a black eye. One of the most common causes behind black eye is a blow to the face. When you are hit by someone or something, the dead blood vessels around the area of your eye gets accumulated in one place. A black eye and swelling around the eye can also be caused due other reasons. Some of the reasons are listed below.
Causes of a Black Eye
A black eye can cause blurry vision, pain, headaches and swelling. Below are some home remedies that can help you get rid of a black eye quickly and fast. But remember, if the skin surrounding your eye is cut or if you are feeling symptoms such as nausea or vomiting, dizziness, vision problems, then you should consult your doctor immediately.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of a Black Eye:
1.) Cold Compress Remedy to Get Rid of a Black Eye
The cold compress remedy is one of the most excellent and the most natural ways for an immediate relief from most of the injuries. This remedy helps in preventing internal bleeding, which lessens the severity of a black eye. So if you are looking to heal a black eye with just one step, then try this remedy. Remember to use this remedy for first 2 days after getting a black eye.
- Place some ice cubes in a clean muslin cloth.
- Wrap the cloth to use it as an ice pack.
- Hold this pack on your black eye for 5 to 10 mins.
- This remedy is among the easiest and quickest ways to get rid of black eye.
- Repeat it every 2 hours to heal your injured eye completely.
2.) Warm Compress Remedy to Heal a Black Eye
Even after using the ice pack remedy for over 2 days if the condition of your black eye is same, then follow this remedy. As ice remedy helps in preventing the internal bleeding, but it may not be effective in stopping the blood clot around the eye. Here, warm compress can help in enhancing circulation of blood around and over your black eye. Use this black eye treatment at home to lighten a black eye.
- Dip a muslin cloth in a cup of lukewarm water. Wring out the excess water from it.
- Place the cloth over your black eye.
- Leave it on until the warm cloth cools down.
- Repeat this remedy after every 20-30 mins.
- Give this remedy a try to get rid of black eye at home.
3.) Potato Slice Compress Remedy to Heal a Black Eye
Potato is another wonderful ingredient which can help you to get rid of a black eye. Potato is known to have certain enzymes which can help in dissolve the old and dead blood cells on and around the area of the eye. This remedy is also helpful in reducing the inflammation and pain of the black eye.
- Cut a potato into a few thin slices.
- Keep these potato slices in the refrigerator for 5 to 10 mins.
- After 10 minutes keep the a chilled slice over your black eye.
- Wait for about 10 to 15 mins.
- This remedy will help in healing the eye as well as reducing the swelling.
- This potato slice remedy is a perfect solution to get rid of a black eye at home.
- Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times daily for positive results.
4.) Arnica Oil Massage Remedy to Prevent A Black Eye
Arnica contains excellent healing and anti inflammatory properties. Massaging with Arnica oil over the affected eye can help lighten the discoloration of the eye. It is also helps relieve the pain. Use this remedy as an ideal herbal black eye treatment at home.
- Gently massage the Arnica oil using the tips of your fingers over the black eye for 2 to 3 mins.
- After that, leave the oil over the black eye for 10 to 15 mins.
- Later, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it 2-3 times daily or until condition improves.
- Instead of Arnica oil you can use an Arnica ointment too.
5.) Pineapple and Papaya Remedy to Cure a Black Eye
A combination of papaya and pineapple can help provide you instant relief from the black eye inflammation and pain. Both the fruits are loaded with antioxidants, which help in healing the bruises or any type of skin damages including the black eye. Use this remedy if you are looking for some natural black eye remedies.
- Mash a piece of both papaya and pineapple in a blender until it has a smooth pulp like consistency.
- Transfer this pulp into a bowl. Mix it well.
- Apply the pulp over your black eye and wait for about 10 to 15 mins.
- This black eye treatment will help reduce the inflammation and swelling.
- Repeat it 2 to 3 times in a day.
6.) Hard Boiled Eggs Remedy to Avoid Black Eye
Hard boiled eggs remedy is one of the most effective home remedies for black eye. It is an old remedy which helps reduce blood clotting and inflammation caused due to black eye.
- Boil an egg for 3 to 4 mins.
- Once the boiled egg gets cool, remove the shell.
- Roll this warm egg over your black eye.
- Do not rub the egg harshly as it can cause further pain in the bruised eye.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times daily to get rid of a black eye.
7.) Olive Oil Massage Remedy for Black Eye Treatment
Olive oil is an excellent source of Vitamin E, anti bacterial and antiseptic properties. Massaging with this oil over the affected eye will help in enhancing the circulation of blood around the eye. This will also help lighten the black eye naturally. It is one of the most effective home remedies for black eye treatment.
- Gently massage the olive oil using the tips of your fingers over your black eye.
- Do not rub the eye area roughly. Also, do not apply pressure.
- Massaging for 2-3 minutes daily will help reduce the pain and the swelling of the black eye.
8.) Witch Hazel Remedy for Black Eye Treatment
Witch hazel contains a rich amount healing and cooling properties. It is also used in many home remedies to heal bruises, cuts and burns. Use this remedy to treat the damaged eye effectively at home.
- Add witch hazel in a bowl.
- Soak a cotton pad into the bowl. Wring out the excess.
- Place it over the black eye and wait for about 5 to 10 mins.
- Clean the damaged eye after removing the cotton pads.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times in a day for positive results.
9.) Oatmeal Remedy to Heal a Black Eye
Oatmeal is another great natural black eye treatment. Oatmeal is known to be an excellent natural skin soothing agent. It is a great ingredient to treat bruises, swollen, or black eyes. Use this natural home remedy to get rid of a black eye painlessly.
- Apply a thick layer of the warm cooked oatmeal over your black eye.
- Wait for about 4 to 5 mins.
- Afterwards, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Follow the remedy once daily.
10.) Cayenne Pepper Remedy for Black Eye Treatment at Home
The cayenne pepper home remedy is also among the most preferred home treatments for healing the black eye naturally and fast. It contains a compound called capsaicin, which helps in reducing the inflammation and pain of the bruise. It is also effective in lightening your black eye.
- Mix cayenne pepper with the vaseline to forms a paste.
- Apply the paste over the eye and wait for about 20-30 mins.
- Now, dip a cotton pad in water and clean the black eye gently.
- Do not rub harshly as it may cause further inflammation and pain.
- Repeat this remedy twice in a day.