After writing how to get rid of dark circles under eyes?, how to get rid of bags under eyes?, and home remedies for puffy eyes, we are now writing how to get rid of eye bags? Having eye bags or dark circles is a very common problem among all ages. Eye bags are the puffiness or swelling under the eyes that occurs due to a weakening of tissues under eye lids. Not getting enough sleep and working too long in the front of the computer may cause eye puffiness and dark circles. The periorbital tissues get swollen due to unequal distribution of fluid causing eye bags. You can treat eye bags easily with the help of some best treatments. Read this article, you will get to know about how to get rid of eye bags?
As you get older, the appearance of eye bags increases as the tissues weaken with age. For eye bags, fluid retention, smoking, excess salt, too much alcohol, allergies and chronic sinus problems can cause water retention in the sensitive eye tissues. Eye bags are a natural effect of aging and make you look tired and unhealthy. There are some expensive products available in the market to treat eye bags, but you can also treat eye bags with some home and natural remedies.
Causes of Eye Bags:
- Lack of Sleep
- Excessive Crying
- Water Retention
Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Eye Bags:
1.) Take The Help From Tea Bags
Teabag contains tannin that helps to get rid of eye bags.
Steps to Use Tea Bags:
- Boil a cup of water and put 2 tea bags into the hot water.
- Move tea bag up and down until the bag are soaked in water properly.
- Remove the tea bag and allow it to cool in freezer.
- Lie down in a comfortable position.
- Place 1 soaked tea bag on each eye.
- Now, hold your feet up for a few minutes.
- After rest for 20-25 minutes, remove the tea bags from the eyes.
- Now, see your face in the mirror, you will see a less puffy eyes.
2.) Use The Chilled Sliced Cucumber
Cucumber has skin-lightening properties as well as anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. Cucumber is used to reduce puffiness and lighten skin tone also.
Steps to Use Cucumber For Eye Bags:
- Cut the cucumber into slices.
- Put the cucumber slices in a refrigerator.
- Now, put these chilled slices of cucumber over the closed eyes.
- Keep them for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process 3 times per day to reduce puffiness.
3.) Use The Raw Potato Juice
Using a raw potato is one of the best and effective home remedies for treating eye bags. The natural bleaching properties in potatoes help to lighten the skin under your eye area and reduce puffiness.
Steps to Use Raw Potato:
- Take a raw potato and put it in the refrigerator.
- Now, grate this potato and squeeze out the juice in a bowl.
- Soak cotton balls in this chilled potato juice and apply it under your eyes.
- Keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- You can also use potato slices and place the slice over each eye for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this method 3 times a day for reducing the eye bags.
4.) Cold Metal Spoons Exercise
Cold metal spoon is the best method to get rid of eye bags fast.
Steps to Use Cold Metal Spoons:
- Place 2 tbsp in the refrigerator to cool.
- Now, put the back of the spoon on both the eyes.
- Keep them until the spoon reaches at room temperature.
- It is a quick eye pack that reduces eye bags or puffiness.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a day to see the effective results.
5.) Use The Lemon Juice
Steps to Use Lemon Juice:
- Take a lemon and place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Extract the juice from the chilled lemon.
- Soak cotton balls in this lemon juice.
- Place the cotton ball on your eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, clean it with cool water.
6.) Apply The Honey For Eye Bags
The anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial benefits of honey helps to minimize eye bags and dark circles. Read health benefits of honey.
Steps to Use Honey:
- Simply apply a little amount of honey with your fingertip to the under eyes before you go to bed.
- If applying honey at night is not possible then make sure that it stay for at-least 50-60 minutes.
- Let it be overnight or 50-60 minutes minimum and then wash your face.
- You will see the puffiness and swelling is reduced.
7.) Use The Almond Oil
Almond oil is luxurious oil and rich that helps to lighten eye bags or puffiness.
Steps to Use Almond Oil:
- Apply a little amount of almond oil under your eyes before going to bed.
- Use your finger to lightly rub the skin until skin absorbs most of the oil.
- Leave it overnight and wash your face with water in morning.
- Repeat it every night for best results.
8.) Use Buttermilk and Turmeric
Buttermilk and turmeric is one of the best home remedies for eye bags. Buttermilk and turmeric constricts blood vessels and lessens inflammation. It helps to reduce puffiness and shadows due to its skin lightening properties.
Steps to Use Buttermilk and Turmeric:
- Take a cup of buttermilk and add a little amount of turmeric to it.
- Soak cotton balls in this buttermilk.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid and put the cotton balls on eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat it 5 times a week until you get the best results.
9.) Use The Concealer
Using concealer is one of the most effective and quickest method to treat eye bags and dark circles. The right makeup helps to reduce the appearance of eye bags and puffiness and keep you fresh.
Steps to Use Concealer:
- Use a concealer that matches your skin color.
- Apply the concealer with cotton ball under your eyes.
- Use it lightly into your skin, don’t rub it against the skin.
- Use a matte powder and a blush brush to apply it under your eyes.
- The makeup will effectively conceal your bags.
10.) Treat Your Face Gently
Under eye skin is fragile and thin, so it is easy to make it weaker and damage which leads to bigger bags.
- Don’t wear makeup at bedtime. The harmful chemical in makeup will irritate your eyes at night. So wash your face daily before bedtime.
- Scrubbing and rubbing your face with a towel can weaken the skin under the eyes. Use a good eye makeup remover to remove your makeup. Then, wash your face with clean water.
- Moisturize your face before bedtime.
- Use sunscreen daily to protect your skin from the sun’s rays.
11.) Apply The Egg Whites
Egg white is one of the best and effective home remedies for eye bags. The skin tightening properties of egg white helps to remove the eye bags and wrinkles.
Steps to Use Eye Bags:
- Take an egg and break it and careful take out egg white in a bowl.
- Whip the egg in a bowl until it becomes stiff.
- Apply the egg white under the eyes with the help of a soft brush or cloth.
- Allow it to dry for some time and wash it with lukewarm water after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this home remedy once a day to get the desired results.
12.) Salt Water or Saline Solution
Salt water helps to reduce inflammation.
Steps to Use Salt Water to Cure Eye Bags:
- Take a quarter tsp of salt and lukewarm water in a bowl.
- Soak cotton balls or eye pads in this warm saline solution.
- Place these cotton balls or eye pads over your eye lids.
- Keep these pads for 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure that the cloth should be clean.
Other Useful Tips To Get Rid of Eye Bags:
- Do not drink before going to sleep as the fluid retention is the main cause of eye bags.
- Use green tea as it helps to re-hydrate your skin.
- Massage your under eye area to reduce the puffiness or eye bags as it helps to improve the blood circulation around the eyes.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself. Drinking more water helps to reduce the dehydration under your eye.
- Don’t watch late night shows and don’t play late night games on phone or ipad.
- Eye bags also occur due to the deficiency of vitamin E and other important nutrients. Eat diet that is rich in vitamin E to reduce the eye bags or puffiness.
- Lack of sleep is the cause of eye bags. So take proper sleep to get rid of eye bags and dark circles.
- Take proper and deeper breaths. If you are not getting enough oxygen then it may cause eye bags.