Nausea is a feeling of sickness and uneasiness that everyone experience time to time. Sometimes you feel like vomiting, sweaty, dizzy, extremely hot that result in nausea and improper digestion. There are several factors that cause nausea such as morning sickness, pregnancy, GERD, viral infection, kidney stone, ulcers, chemotherapy, depression, dizziness and some medications. Viruses and bacteria may affect the stomach that can lead to nausea. Viral infections such as flu and food borne bacteria can cause an illness known as food poisoning. In this article, you will get to know the ways to get rid of nausea.
A pregnant women also suffer from nausea during pregnancy. Nausea is not a serious ailment. It is a temporary condition that becomes persistent. Try to drink small amounts of liquid to deal with nausea. Treatment of nausea depends upon the cause. If you are experiencing nausea, then you can treat it by using many methods such as, without medicines, with medicines, home and natural remedies. If your nausea doesn’t improve within 48 hours, then consult your doctor. It can be treated easily with some remedies which are given below.
Symptoms of Nausea:
- Abdominal pain
- Feeling of being sick
Causes of Nausea:
- Morning sickness
- Ear infection
- Viral infection
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Nausea:
Here is the list of the best remedies to treat nausea fast and naturally.
1.) Drink Fluids to Treat Nausea Fast
It is necessary to drink plenty of fluids as dehydration may cause nausea. Drink warm herbal temperature teas or room temperature water to ease your nausea. Don’t drink very hot or very cold drinks. Take small portions of liquid throughout the day rather than drinking a glass of liquid at once. You also need to eat small amount of food to ease your nausea. Hunger and dehydration may cause nausea so eat and drink in small amount.
2.) Ginger to Get Rid of Nausea Naturally and Fast
Ginger is one of the best and effective home remedies to treat nausea. Ginger contains pungent phenol compounds and volatile oils to influence the stomach, nervous system and intestines which in turn reduce nausea. Ginger is also effective to get rid of nausea during pregnancy.
Steps to Use Ginger to Ease Nausea:
- Take one tsp of grated ginger root and add it to a cup of boiling water.
- Cover it and let it simmer for ten minutes.
- Strain the ginger solution and add some lemon juice and honey to taste.
- Drink this ginger solution while it is still warm. Don’t drink more than 3 cups of ginger tea in a day.
- Alternatively, mix one-half tsp of ginger juice, 1 tsp of lemon juice, mint juice and 1 tbsp of honey. Have this solution in every few hours until you get relief from the nausea symptoms.
- You can chew a piece of raw ginger to eliminate nausea symptoms.
3.) Fennel to Treat Nausea Fast and Naturally
Fennel is a carminative herb that helps to ease nausea symptoms. Fennel prevents formation of gas and encourages the expulsion of gas. This helps to prevent nausea due to digestion related conditions such as flatulence and intestinal gas. It also helps to reduce queasiness due to its anesthetic components. It is best for pregnant women, which feels nausea during pregnancy.
Steps to Use Fennel to Treat Nausea Symptoms:
- Take 1 tsp of fennel seeds and put it in a cup of hot water.
- Cover it and allow it to steep for ten minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of honey and a few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Drink this tea slowly.
- You can also chew 1 tsp of fennel seeds slowly to get relief from nausea symptoms.
4.) Peppermint to Get Relief from Nausea Fast
Peppermint is one of the best home remedies for nausea treatment. Peppermint has antispasmodic properties that help to prevent nausea and headache. Peppermint can also relieve post-operative nausea effectively.
Steps to Use Peppermint for Nausea Treatment:
- Take 1 tsp of dried peppermint leaves and pour it in a cup of hot water.
- Cover this cup and steep it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of honey to it.
- Sip this tea slowly.
- This herbal tea is very beneficial for nausea due to cramping.
- Another method, you can also place two drops of peppermint oil on a paper and inhale the smell. This will help you to feel better within a few minutes.
5.) Cumin to Get Rid of Nausea Fast
Cumin helps to secrete digestive enzymes in the stomach that promote assimilation of nutrients as well as digestion. This will help to get rid of nausea and its symptoms.
Steps to Use Cumin to Treat Nausea Fast:
- Take 1 tsp of cumin seeds and put it in a cup of hot water.
- Cover it and allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg powder in this cup and sip this tea.
- Chew the seeds slowly.
- You can also chew 1 tsp of dry roasted cumin seeds to get relief from nausea.
- Another method, you can add one-half tsp of cumin powder to a cup of water. Drink this cumin solution for quick relief from nausea symptoms.
6.) Clove to Get Rid of Nausea Fast and Naturally
Clove is one of the best home remedies that fights against nausea. The soothing and aromatic properties of clove help to reduce nausea symptoms. It can also used to treat morning sickness and pregnancy- related nausea naturally.
Steps to Use Clove to Treat Nausea Fast:
- Boil a cup of water and add 1 tsp of clove powder to it.
- Cover this solution and allow it to steep 5 minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink it as needed.
- You can also add 1 tsp of honey to taste.
- Place a few drops of clove oil on a paper and inhale the smell.
- Take a deep breath till you get desired results.
- You can also chew 1 to 2 cloves to get quick relief from nausea symptoms.
7.) Cinnamon to Prevent Nausea
Cinnamon helps to relieve nausea due to its chemicals called catechins. Cinnamon helps to treat nausea which is caused by gas, indigestion and acid reflux. It has soothing properties for stomach irritation and treat vomiting.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Treat Nausea Fast and Naturally:
- Boil 1 cup of water and add one-half tsp of cinnamon powder to this water. Now boil this water for ten minutes. Or you can also use cinnamon stick.
- Strain this solution and add 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Drink this cinnamon tea slowly for better results.
8.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Nausea Fast
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedy for nausea due to food poisoning, motion sickness and migraines. It also helps in proper digestion and treat stomach related disorders that cause nausea.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Nausea Fast:
- Add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water.
- Mix one-half tbsp of honey to it.
- Drink this solution to reduce nausea symptoms and soon you will feel better.
9.) Anise to Get Rid of Nausea Fast and Naturally
Anise helps to cure vomiting and nausea. Anise contains a phyto-estrogen and anethole that helps in digestion. You can also use anise to get rid of nausea from hangover.
Steps to Use Anise to Cure Nausea Fast:
- Add one-half or one-quarter tsp of anise to a cup of boiling water.
- Cover this water and steep it for 5 minutes.
- Strain this solution and drink this tea to get relief from nausea and its symptoms.
- You can also chew 1 tsp of anise for quick relief.
10.) Lemon to Treat Nausea Fast
Lemon is one of the best home remedies to relieve nausea due to its neutralizing acids. Lemon also helps to balance the pH levels of the body.
Steps to Use Lemon:
- Make a paste by mixing 1 tsp of each honey and lemon juice.
- Eat this paste slowly for quick relief from nausea.
- You can also inhale the smell of lemon.
Other Useful Tips to Get Rid of Nausea:
- Try to drink aloe vera juice. You can buy it from any food stores.
- Don’t drink fluids too fast because you may feel like vomit. Drink it slowly.
- Sit, relax and take rest as much as you can while experiencing nausea.
- Your environment should be free from irritants such as heat, strong odors, smoke and humidity.
- Take a long and slow breath when you experience nausea.
- Aromatherapy is also used to get rid of nausea from anxiety.
- Avoid some foods which can increase your nausea such as tomatoes, chocolate, acidic foods, eggs and ice creams.
- Avoid fatty foods as they may increase your nausea. Eat low fat foods that can ease nausea.
- Eat bland foods such as brown rice, whole-grain crackers, toasted whole-grain bread and rice or sesame.
- Eat small portions of food throughout the day.
- Follow the BRAT diet that consists of banana, rice, applesauce and dry toast. BRAT diet helps to relieve nausea symptoms.