Long term weight loss regime is the safest and constructive way to shed weight. However, if you have to reduce weight for a particular event than reducing a pound in a day is fine. But it is ok for a week or 2 only because after that your body goes into the starvation mode which is not good for the health. Below we have listed some of the ways to lose a pound a day. Go for it but do not strain yourself and do not forget that health comes first.
Ways to Lose a Pound a Day:
1.) Count Your Calories to Lose a Pound a Day
Before shedding the weight, count your calories. If you want to reduce a pound in a day then you have to shed approximately, 3,500 calories more than what you consume in a day. The calories which you burn depends on your level of the physical activity and your weight. The ideal way to calculate the calories is simply multiply your current weight with 10. For example, if your weight is 120 pounds then you have to shed 1200 calories.
However, if you consume 1,000 calories extra than you have to burn 3,000 extra calories per day to lose a pound a day.
2.) Reduce Caloric Intake to Lose a Pound a Day
Once you have calculated how many calories you need to burn a day, its actual time to start burning the calculated number of calories. To achieve your goal you can consume 800- 1,200 calories in a day. As said before the intake of the calories depends on your current weight and the physical activity you do in a day. The best and simplest way to cut down on your calories is to eat healthy meal and in smaller proportions.
- Consume food with low calories. Such foods will make you feel full and you won’t desire to eat more. Include healthy foods like lean proteins and vegetables in your diet. In clued green leafy vegetables like green beans, lettuce, broccoli, celery and spinach in your diet. Examples of protein-rich foods are tofu, chicken, fish, and turkey. Both protein and GLV will meet your satiety value.
- Cut out unhealthy food items such as salt, fat. Sugar, rice and most of the carbs. Since carbs tends to increase the weight.
- Avoid cooking sauces or salad dressings since these food items are packed with an abundance of calories. You can season your food with vinegar, lime, hot sauce or pepper. These seasonings do not calories.
- Another way of cutting on calories is to substitute your vegetable oil or butter with cooking spray. Since cooking spray does not count. It prevents foods from sticking and has very less amount of fat.
3.) Exercise to Lose a Pound a Day
No matters how many calories you intake you have to exercise regularly in order to lose a pound in a day. It will burn the extra calories and keep your body toned. Moreover, it will also increase your stamina. Once you will start feeling active, you can shed any amount of the weight. Exercises which will help to burn your calories are:
- Cardio: The best way to reduce weight is to perform cardio workouts regularly. If you do not feel like enrolling yourself in the gym, then you can go for swimming, running, biking, hopping and biking. These exercise will burn your extra calories.
- To support the result of the cardio you can go for rugby, rock climbing, rock climbing, squash, skiing, and lift a weight.
- In bonus, perform 30-50 yoga asanas such as Surya namaskar. This asana is itself packed with 12 different exercises.
- Make sure that you perform all the above-listed exercise to lose a pound a day.
4.) Drink Plenty of Water to Lose a Pound a Day
Water is the basic necessity of humans. It only kills the hunger, in fact, removes the extra toxins from the body as well. It keeps your stomach fool and thus you won’t urge to munch something. Consume 8-12 glasses of water in a day. Apart from water, drink healthy drinks such lime water, coconut water, green tea and detox drinks. Such drinks support weight loss, helps to remove the extra fat, improves your immune system, provides nutrients to your body and promote all the healthy weight loss. Moreover, avoid caffeine, smoking, alcohol and carbonated drinks. These drinks increase the fat in the body.
5.) Avoid Eating After 7 PM to Lose a Pound a Day
Our metabolism slows down drastically when we are sleeping, therefore, we have to give our body sufficient time to digest the food. As soon as you will finish eating for the day, it will be beneficial since your body will get enough time to digest. Moreover, make sure that you consume light food in your dinner. Since you can not go for a workout in the night after the dinner, therefore, consume the food that does not contain calories and is very easy for the body to digest.
To support the digestions go for walking after the dinner. This will not only digest the food, in fact, encourage the weight loss also, boosts metabolism, maintains the blood sugar level, and improves blood circulation. So after finishing your meal go for a brisk walk. It’s better to walk more than 100 steps regularly to shed a pound in the day.
Other Healthy Ways to Loose a Pound a Day:
1.) Maintain a Weight Loss Journal to Lose a Pound a Day
It is believed that when you pen down the things, you tend to remember it more. Similarly, if you will maintain the weight loss journal you will be more determined. Moreover, it will help you to track your eating pattern, calories intake, exercise regime and what all you did in the day to shed a pound. However, if you are not satisfied with the amount of weight you have lost you can go back to your journal and alter the things according to you. Be precise, clear and right down your each activity, foods you ate and your leisure hours as well.
2.) Follow a Diet Plan to Lose Pound a Day
Consult a dietitian to get a diet plan for yourself. Each person has different body types and different calories burning level. Your dietitian is the best person who can guide you what to eat, when to eat and how much to eat. He will design a diet plan according to your body and likes and dislikes. However, if you don’t find dietitian for yourself then start knowing the foods and your body type better to make an ideal diet plan for yourself.
3.) Consume Fiber Rich Foods
Fruit like apple is a great source of the fiber. It keeps you full and you do not find the need to eat something. Moreover, it prevents the stomach problems as constipation, diarrhea and gastric problem Moreover, it regulates the glucose level, makes you feel active and also promotes weight loss.
4.) Avoid Craving for the Food
If you want to reduce weight for the long-term than pampering your craving is ok but if you have confined yourself to reduce a pound in a day then you can not do so. Avoid fast foods, substitute them with healthy foods. Eat foods that have low calorie and are a good source of fiber. Moreover, avoid dining outside.
5.) Do not Starve Yourself to Lose a Pound in a Day
Whether you want to lose a particular amount of weight or wants to reduce weight for the long-term do not starve yourself. Often people starve themselves to reduce weight. However, this does not help in weight loss, in fact, it increases the fat in your body. When you starve yourself your body mechanism shuts down and when you once again start eating your body absorbs the food as fat. No matter how nutritious or devoid of calories the food is you will tend to put on. So avoid starving yourself.