Nose bleed also known as epistaxes in medical term is a common condition especially in the winter season. The nasal cavity is the sensitive part of the human body. And it has small blood vessels. When these blood vessels are ruptures, the bleeding occurs in the nostrils. Children and old people are more to nose bleed. The bleeding can vary from light to heavy. The problem needs to be dealt on time before it gets worst. Therefore, you should have hands on to all the remedies that help to stop nose bleed.
Symptoms of Nose Bleed:
- Bleeding from the nostrils
Causes of Nose Bleed:
- Dryness in the nostril
- Frequently nose blowing
- Injury to the nose.
- Scratching the nose
- Excessive drinking and smoking
Remedies to Stop Nose Bleed:
1.) Cold Compress to Stop Nose Bleed
A cold compress is an ideal remedy to stop the nose from bleeding. It immediately constricts the blood vessels and reduces the blood flow.
How to Use Cold Compress?
- In a washcloth or pepper towel wrap a few ice cubes.
- Sit on the chair or bed in the relaxing position and tilt the head back.
- Place the ice pack on the nose which is bleeding. Dab it over for a few minutes.
- Do this until the bleeding stops completely.
2.) Saline Water to Stop Nose Bleed
One of the main causes of nose bleeding is dryness in the nasal membrane in winters. Saline waste helps to combat the dryness. It moisturizes the membrane and proves relief from the bleeding.
How to Use Saline Water?
- Add a dash of salt to half cup of water. Mix it thoroughly. Pour this solution in the dropper.
- Put a few drops of saline water in your nose. It will moisturize the inner nasal membrane.
- You can also use the spray of the saline solution available in the market.
- Repeat this 2-3 times especially in the winter.
3.) Pinch the Nose to Stop Nose Bleed
It is one of the easiest ways to treat the bleeding nose. When you pinch your nose, the pressure is sent to the bleeding point that immediately helps to stop the flow of the blood.
How to Pinch the Nose?
- Sit in a relaxing position. Tilt your head forwards and pinch the soft part of the nose.
- Continue this for 5-8 minutes. Make sure while doing you breath from mouth.
- Gently release the pressure and sit in the same position for 5-7 minutes more.
- Do this 2-3 times a day or whenever your nose bleeds.
- P.S- Do not lie down or tilt your head backward. Moreover, don’t blow your nose while doing this.
4.) Onion to Stop Nose Bleed
Onion is a clotting agent, therefore, it is one of the ideal remedies for nose bleed. The fumes of the onion promote blood clotting.
How to Use an Onion?
- Place a slice of the onion under your nose, press it and smell the fumes of it.
- Alternatively, with the help of the dropper, put a few drops of fresh onion juice in both nostrils.
- Do this whenever there is a bleeding.
5.) Basil Leaves to Stop Nose Bleed
Basil leaves are one of the popular herbal remedies for nose bleeding. It has wholesome properties that stop the bleeding and soothes the internal membrane.
How to Use Basil Leaves?
- Chew fresh basil leaves regularly. This will soothe the internal membrane of the nose and provides you relief from the nose bleeding.
- Alternatively, apply a few drops of holy leaves juice in both the nostrils this will also help to treat the bleeding.
- Do any of the remedies 2-3 times a day to stop nose bleed.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Stop Nose Bleed
Another remedy for nose bleed is apple cider vinegar. It immediately stops the blood. Moreover, it prevents the blood loss from the body. It also blocks the broken blood vessel lining.
How to Use ACV?
- Dip a cotton ball into the apple cider vinegar and dab it gently on the nostril. Leave it on for a few minutes.
- You can also use ACV to prevent the nose bleeding. Mix a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into the warm glass if water and drink it.
7.) Petroleum Jelly to Stop Nose Bleed
Dry nostrils are one of the causes of bleeding. To moisturize the inner membrane of the nose use petroleum jelly. The best part is it will not cause any allergy in the nose since it is very soothing.
How to Use Petroleum Jelly?
- Massage petroleum jelly inside the nose regularly two times a day. One in the day and another before going to sleep.
- You can also use Vaseline as well.
- It will moisturize the nose and treats the dryness that leads to nose bleed.
- P.S- While applying petroleum jelly inside the nose does not scratch it. It will worsen the condition.
8.) Nettle to Stop Bose Bleed
You can also use nettle to stop nose bleed. It is packed with the stringent properties that helps in clotting and stops the blood flow. It also boosts the capillaries and cures the allergy that leads nose bleeding.
How to Use Nettle?
- Inhale powdered or dry leaves of nettle.
- You can also use the juice of nettle to get rid of bleeding. Put a few drops of it in both the nostrils.
- If you face this problem frequently then drink nettle tea.
9.) Cayenne Paper to Stop Nose Bleed
Cayenne Pepper is also one of the effective remedies for nose bleeding. It is cell stimulant and controls the blood flow. It eliminates the pressure from the hemorrhaging area and promotes blood clotting.
How to Use Cayenne Paper?
- In a cup of warm water mix a teaspoon of cayenne paper. Swallow this solution. You will immediately find relief in the bleeding.
- If your nose bleeds frequently then have cayenne capsules 2-3 times a day.
- Add cayenne powder to you dishes.
10.) Coriander to Stop Nose Bleed
Coriander has been used from ages to cure nose bleeding. It soothes the nose and helps to treat the bleeding. Moreover, it is natural antihistamine that helps to get rid of the allergies which can be a cause of nose bleeding.
How to Use Coriander?
- Put a fresh juice of coriander or coriander oil in your nostrils.
- A paste of coriander leaves will also so help you to get rid of the bleeding in the nose.
- It has a cooling effect that will help to cure the bleeding.
- Put the drops 2-3 times a day until the bleeding is stopped permanently.