Kidney is an important organ of the body that helps in the excretion of the urine. Moreover, they also regulate the blood pressure, acid base level and electrolytes in our body. It helps to remove the waste material from the body. All these functions of the kidney are hampered during the kidney stones. It is one of the common health problems especially with the people who do not drink enough water. If you too are experiencing the below listed symptoms, then you are surely suffering from kidney stones and thus you need to cure it as soon as possible. Read more to best home remedies for kidney stones.
Causes of Kidney Stones:
- Not drinking enough water.
- Drinking hard water
- Infection in the kidney, hyperthyroidism, and other kidney problems increases the risk of kidney stones.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones:
- Pain in the groin.
- Pus or while blood cells in the urine.
- Nausea and vomiting
- Burning sensation during urination
- Urge to urinate but difficult to urinate.
Best Home Remedies for Kidney Stones:
Below we have listed best home remedies for kidney stones. For large kidney stones, you need to consult your doctor. The best and foremost remedy for kidney stone is water. Nothing could be as effective as water. So, drink as many glasses of water you can drink in a day. It will not only help to dissolve the stones, in fact it will flush out the stones as well.
1.) Bran Flakes to Cure Kidney Stones
Bran flake is one of the best home remedies for kidney stones because it is whole grain. According a recent research a whole grain diet contributes at the great extent to reduce and prevent the kidney stones, the bran flakes are packed with essential nutrients such fiber, vitamin and minerals that keeps a good care of the kidney. In addition to this, it has an insoluble fiber that helps in the reduction of the calcium present in the urine. It also has magnesium that prevents the crystals from turning into the stones
- Include bran flakes in your diet. A single bowl of brown flakes provides 8mg of fiber that is sufficient to cut down the risk of the kidney stones
- Also, foods rich in fiber to your diet.
- Alternatively, eat whole wheat bread as well to get rid of kidney stones.
- Along with it, you can also have whole grain cereals to increase the fiber content in your body and the essential nutrients to remove the stones from kidney.
2.) Treat Kidney Stones with Nettle Leaf
Nettle leaves promotes the urination. It regulates the flow of water through bladder and kidney that in turn helps in smooth urination. Moreover, it prevents the crystals from turning into the stones and the formation of the bacteria as well. It also a natural dietetic that prevents the dehydration in the body.
- In a cup of warm water, add 2 teaspoons of nettle leaf.
- Leave it steep for a few minutes. Then strain the solution and drink the tea.
- For added benefits and sweetness, you can add a tablespoon of honey in this herbal tea before drinking it.
- Drink this herbal regularly until you get satisfactory results.
3.) Basil Leaves to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
Basil leaves are holy grail for number of health conditions such as cold, cough and fever, etc. It also helps to treat kidney stones in fact, it works as a tonic for kidneys. It helps in the expulsion of the stones from the urinary tract. In addition to this it takes care of the overall health.
- Extract juice from the basil leaves. In a small bowl mix a teaspoon of basil leaves with honey.
- Mix both the ingredients thoroughly and drink it.
- Alternatively, prepare basil tea for yourself. In a cup of water, add a few basil leaves. Leave it too steep for a while. After a few minutes strain the water in another cup and add a teaspoon of honey to it. Drink this tea regularly a few times a day to get rid of kidney stones and prevent the formation of the stones in the kidney.
- Also, you can chew a few basil leaves or can prepare a basil juice for yourself to get rid of kidney stones.
4.) Watermelon to Treat Kidney Stones
Next remedy in our list of home remedies for kidney stones is watermelon. Watermelon is packed with the potassium that helps to breakdown the kidney stones that are made of the calcium and magnesium. It also takes cares of overall health of the kidney. In addition, it regulates the acid level in the urine. And not to forget is packed with the high concentration of the water that further helps in the breakdown of stones and remove toxins and stones from the body.
- Eat one watermelon regularly. Make sure you remove its seeds before eating thief fruit.
- You can also prepare watermelon juice for yourself.
- Alternatively, you can prepare watermelon seed tea as well.
5.) Wheatgrass to Cure Kidney Stones Naturally
Wheatgrass is also one of the best home remedies for kidney stones. It also helps in other kidney diseases treatment as well. It has essential properties that helps to breakdown the stones and promotes the expulsion of the stones from the body as well. Moreover, it packed with vitamins, iron, potassium, amino acids and iron as well
- To treat kidney stones, you can prepare a glass of wheatgrass juice for yourself.
- Alternatively, a soothing herbal wheatgrass tea will also provide you relief from the stones.
6.) Olive oil with Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
Next in our list of home remedies for kidney stones is the combination of lemon juice and olive oil. This combination has been used since ages to cure kidney related problems. It helps to expel gallbladder stones. Lemon has citric acid that breaks down the claim based stones in the kidney and prevents developing them further.
- In a bowl mix four tablespoons of lemon juice with olive oil.
- Consume this solution along with water.
- Drink this 2-3 times a day to get rid of kidney stones.
- S- This remedy is best for the small stones, not for the bigger ones. And, if the stones pass after first drink only then you not to continue this.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Kidney Stones
Next in our list of remedies for kidney stones, we have apple cider vinegar. It is one of the wonderful remedy for many health problems including kidney stones. It helps to dissolve the stones in the kidneys so that they can easily exit from the body. Moreover, it is alkaline in nature which is added benefit of apple cider vinegar to get rid of kidney stones.
- In a cup of warm water mix two tablespoons of ACV with a teaspoon of the honey.
- Gulp this medicine several times a day until you pass the stone.
8.) Pomegranate to Treat Kidney Stones Naturally
Pomegranate is one of the best home remedies for kidney stones because it has astringent properties. These properties help to breakdown the stones in the kidney and thus easily pass out from the body. In addition to this, the fruit is good for overall health as well.
- Eat a pomegranate regularly. You can also prepare a fresh pomegranate juice to drink.
- Alternatively, grind the seeds of the fruit and have this with a bowl of horse gram soup regularly. The powder and soup will help to dissolve the stone.
9.) Celery to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
This green vegetable is one of the best remedy to curb kidney stones because it has anti-spasmodic properties. This property helps to beat the stones. It breaks down the stones and helps to remove the stone from the body. Moreover, it also diuretic that helps to stimulate the flow of the urine.
- Drink a glass of celery juice regularly to cure the kidney stones and prevents further formation of the stones in the kidney.
- Alternatively, prepare a soothing tea with celery to treat kidney stones.
- You can also have celery seeds for kidney stones treatment.
10.) Treat Kidney Stones with Kidney Beans
Kidney beans is a great source of fiber that helps in the great extent to cure kidney stone. It helps to breakdown the stones and remove them from the body. In addition to this, it takes a good care of kidney and bladder.
- In a bowl of warm water, soak kidney beans. Leave it for a few minutes and then boil it along the water.
- Boil it until the beans become tender, soft and easy to chew.
- Than strain the water, leave the beans at the room temperature to let it cool down.
- Do not throw the water. It is equally good for the health.
- Later, you can prepare a salad with kidney beans or can prepare a nice dish.
- Or, simply add the beans in your favorite salad or soup.
11.) Carrots to Cure Kidney Stones
Carrots are also nice remedy for kidney stones. It is a rich source of the vitamin A that helps to breakdown the stones and prevents the flow of water. Moreover, it helps in the stimulation of the urine that in turn helps to flush out the toxins and the stones from the body.
- Eat 2 carrots in a day. You can also prepare a carrot juiced or salads for yourself.
- Additionally, eat other vegetables and fruits that great source of vitamin A. Broccoli, potatoes, winter squash and pumpkin are quite high in vitamin A. So, make sure you include these veggies in your diet.
12.) Chicken to Get Rid of Kidney Stones
This is definitely a great addition in our list of home remedies for kidney stones especially for the non-vegetarians and people who love chicken. Chicken is considered as good source B vitamins and especially B6 vitamin. It prevents the body from forming the oxalate in the excess that later could turn into the stone.
- For daily intake 3 ounces of chicken is sufficient.
- You can consume chicken in any form but avoid deep frying since too much oil is not good for the health.
13.) Lemon Juice to Cure Kidney Stones
Lemon is packed with the citric acid that helps in breaking the stones that made of calcium and magnesium. Moreover, it helps in the stimulation of urine in the body that helps to produce more urine that can flush out the toxins and stones.
- Prepare a glass of lemonade for yourself to treat kidney stones.
- You can 2-3 glasses of lemonade in a day. How make sure that you strain the lemon seeds before consuming the juice.
- For added benefits and taste you can add a teaspoon of honey to it before drinking.
14.) Tomato Juice to Curb Kidney Stones
Again, tomato juice is also packed with the citric acid that helps in the breakdown of the stones. It will also thicken the volume of urine that will intern helps to remove the toxins and stones from the body. In addition to this tomatoes are great to cure kidney stone pain.
- Drink a 2-3 glass of tomato juice in a day in order to get rid of kidney stones. However, make sure that you remove the seeds from the juice. The seeds of any fruit can be harmful if eaten raw.
- To treat the kidney stone pain, cut tomatoes into slices, wrap them into a muslin or cotton cloth. Dab this cloth on area that are painful.
15.) Dandelion Root Tea to Cure Kidney Stones
Last but not least, consume an herbal tea made of dandelion root. It helps to treat the pain and also relief the stones as well. Moreover, it is good for the health of bladder and kidney as well.
- In a cup of hot water, add ground dandelion roots. Leave it too steep for a while.
- After some time strain the water, add honey to it and drink it.
- You can drink this 2-3 times a day.
Things to Do During Kidney Stones:
- Consume foods that are good sources of vitamin, magnesium and fiber
- Avoid intake of salt and leads the formation of oxalate that turns into the stone.
- Do not drink hard water.
- Avoid consuming seeds.
- If the pain persists, consult your doctor immediately.
- Use warm compress to treat kidney stone pain.