Fibroids are also called uterine leiomyomas, which are extremely common on noncancerous muscular tumors of the uterus. About 8 percent of women develop this problem by the age of 50. The exact cause of fibroids is still unknown but the factors like abnormalities in the blood vessel, genetics or vascular system, hormones and other growth factors play an important role in the development of fibroids. The problem of fibroid is more common in African American and obese women. Who have never given birth to a child or who had their first menstrual cycle before the age of 10 is considered more at risk of fibroids. Most women suffering from fibroids have no symptoms. However, some women experience symptoms such as prolonged menstrual periods, heavy menstrual bleeding and rectal pressure.
Uterine fibroids are not considered as dangerous but can cause immense discomfort and lead to the problem like anemia from heavy blood loss. In rare cases, it may cause complication that affects pregnancy. So you can try these home remedies for fibroids. However most herbal remedies like chastberry and milk thistle are not recommended during pregnancy, so first consult your doctor before taking them.
Home Remedies for Fibroids:
1.) Castor Oil to Treat Fibroids
Applying the castor oil in the abdomen stimulate the lymphatic and circulatory system, and increases lymphocytes to eliminate disease causing toxins from the body. It is one of the best home remedies for fibroids. Many holistic practitioners believe that buildup of these toxins plays an important role in fibroid development. it also contains ricinoleic acid with anti-inflammatory properties. it will help to shrink fibroids and also aid in pain relief.
- Saturate a piece of wool flannel in castor oil.
- Then place in on your abdomen area and cover it with a plastic wrap.
- Place a hot water bottle and heating pad on it and cover that with an old towel.
- Leave it on for about one hour and then remove it.
- Do this three to four times a week for at least one month to see the improvement.
- Keep in mind that don’t use this use this remedy during menstruation or if you are trying to conceive.
2.) Chasteberry to Cure Fibroids
Chasteberry is also known as vitex agnus castus, which is native to southern Europe and the Mediterranean areas. It is an excellent herbal solution to maintain hormonal balance, it helps to lower the estrogen level and reduce the inflammation. It is one of the best home remedies for fibroids.
- You just simply need to take 25 to 30 drops to chasteberry tincture two to four times a day to see the positive result.
- It will not help to regulate menstruation and bleeding between periods but also help to reduce the effective of birth control pills.
3.) Dandelion to Get Rid of Fibroids Naturally
Many herbalists believe that poor function of live the lead to a poor elimination of excess hormones contribute to fibroids. It aids in liver detoxification and clearing excess estrogen from your body. It is one of the best home remedies fibroids.
- Boil three and one cups of water and add three tablespoons of dandelion root in it.
- Let it simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then turn off the heat and allow it to steep for another 15 minutes before straining it.
- Drink this tea three times a day for at least three months to see the positive result.
4.) Green tea to Treat Fibroids Naturally
Studies have found that green tea contains a compound called Epigallocatechin gallate that inhibits the growth of fibroid cells, and eventually reduce the date rate.
- Epigallocatechin gallate offers antiproliferative, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Researchers have found that it helps to reduce the size of fibroids, it can also reduce the severity of fibroid symptoms.
- You need to drink two to three cups of green tea or you can take 400 mg of green tea capsules daily for several months.
5.) Milk to Cure Fibroids
According to the study published in 2009 in the American Journal of Epidemiology, in this study researcher at the Boston university school of medicine found that the black women who consumed serving of four or more dairy had a 30 percent reduced incidence of uterine fibroids as compared to those who consumed less than one serving a day.
- Although the exact mechanism of this is still unknown, researchers believe that the calcium in diary may help to reduce cell proliferation. So try to include more milk and dairy product in your daily diet to reduce the risk of fibroids.
- You can also combine milk with blackstrap molasses, being rich in iron and other nutrients, it helps to combat anemia that may result from heavy bleeding due to fibroids. It is not scientifically proven, but blackstrap molasses is also believed to help shrink fibroids.
- You need to mix one to two tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in three-quarter cup of warm milk.
- Drink it once or twice a day on the regular basis, or at least try for several months.
6.) Burdock Root to Treat Fibroids
Burdock root helps to improve the liver’s ability to metabolize the estrogen and reduce fibroids. It is high in the lignin artigenin that can help to reduce the size of fibroids and inhibit new tumor growth. It is one of the best home remedies for fibroids.
- Boil a cup of water and add one teaspoon of dried burdock root. Let it steep for about 10 to 15 minutes and then strain the solution. Drink this tea three times day to treat fibroids.
- Or you can use another method. Take 10 to 25 drops of budrock root tincture three times a day to get positive result.
- Continue either of these remedies daily for about three to four months.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Fibroids
Apple cider vinegar can be very helpful in reducing the symptoms of fibroids because it can help to remove toxins from the body and promote fat loss. It is one the best home remedies for fibroids, it not only treat fibroids but other many other problems. Though it is not scientifically proven, but it is believed to help shrink fibroid tumors too.
- Take a glass of water and add one teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar in it.
- You can also add one tablespoon of blackstrap molasses if you want, so some natural sweetner for taste such as honey.
- Drink this apple cider solution on a regular basis. You can increase the dosage gradually of apple cider vinegar form one teaspoon to one or two tablespoons per glass.
8.) Indian Gooseberry to Cure Fibroids
Indian gooseberry is antioxidant and immunomodulatory in nature. It is also an excellent ayurvedic remedy to reduce fibroids and their symptoms, that’s why it is considered as one of the best home remedies for fibroids.
- You need to one teaspoon of each Indian gooseberry powder and honey to prepare a mixture.
- Consume this mixture daily, first thing in the morning.
- Continue using this for at least a few months to get positive results,
- For quick recovery, make sure to exercise regularly and drink plenty of water throughout the day and flush out the toxins. Exercise also helps to regulate ovulation.
9.) Garlic to Treat Fibroids
Garlic has natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that discourage the growth of tumors and uterine fibroids. Eating three to five garlic cloves daily will help you to get rid of fibroids. It the garlic taste and odor is too strong for you. Then consume it with a glass of milk. Milk will give it added benefits, it will help to reduce the incidence of fibroids.
10.) Turmeric for the Treatment of Fibroids
Turmeric is one of the best home remedies for fibroids. It has healing properties that fight against fibroid tumors. You need to have 445mg of turmeric extract in the form of capsules, consume it three times a day. If you don’t want to take turmeric capsules so you add turmeric powder in your regular diet, such as curry.
- You can also another method. You can make the turmeric solution, add two tablespoons of turmeric powder or roots in 32 ounces of water. Let it boil for about 10 to 15 minutes. Steep if for about 40 minutes. Drink the solution when it cools down.
11.) Goldenseal Roots to Get Rid of Fibroids
Goldenseal has anti-inflammatory properties that help to maintain healthy uterine tissues. It is suggested that you should only consume 400 mg of goldenseal root. The alkaloid berberine present in goldenseal stops the growth of fibroids.
- You can prepare tea by adding one teaspoon of each bethroot, goldenseal and false unicorn root in a cup of hot water. Let them simmer for a few minutes. Then turn off the heat and let the mixture steep for about twenty minutes. Strain the solution and drink two cups on a regular basis. To get better result, consume it for 3 to 6 months to get a positive result.
- Keep in mind that it should not be consumed for a long time.
11.) Soybeans to Cure Fibroids
Eat soybean to alleviate the symptoms of fibroids. Soybeans are loaded with phytoestrogen and help to control the estrogen level. You can prepare the soups or stew out of soybeans. The protein present in soy blocks the growth of fibroid cysts.