Corns are small circles hard and thick skin that develop when the skin is exposed to the excessive friction or pressure. They most often develop on the feet, especially on the tops and sides of the toes, soles of your feet and even between the toes. Corns can also develop on other body parts. Walking or running in ill-fitting shoes is the most common cause on the feet. Even standing for very long periods of time and wearing tight shoes or high heels can cause corns. Walking without wearing shoes, wearing shoes without socks, and manual labor or taking part in sports activities that put pressure on the feet are other causes.
People suffering from diabetes or other conditions that cause poor blood flow to the feet have a higher risk of complications from corns. In that type of cases, you should treat your corn by a foot doctor, it is high recommended. Thick and rough skin, hard raised bumps and pain when pressing on them are some of the symptoms of corns. You can try some simple natural remedies to remove corns. Read more, to know best remedies to remove corns.
Ways to Remove Corns:
1.) White Vinegar to Get Rid of Corns
White vinegar is excellent and tested remedy to remove corns on the feet. The high acidity level of white vinegar helps to soften the hard skin. It has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that can reduce the risk of infection.
- Mix one part of white vinegar with three parts of water before going to bed.
- Dab this solution of white vinegar onto the corn.
- Cover the area with a bandage and leave it on for overnight.
- Exfoliate the thicken skin with pumice stone or emery board next morning.
- Apply some coconut oil or olive oil to keep the area moisturized.
- Use this remedy once a day until the corn comes out.
2.) Massage to Treat Corns
Massaging the corn and its nearby area with a pumice stone is an effective remedy to remove corns. A pumice stone will help to remove the dead and hardened skin, in turn, reduce the pain and speed up the recovery time.
- Soak your feet in hot water for about 10 minutes to soften the hard skin before going to skin.
- Gently rub a pumice stone back and forth across the affected are for about four to five minutes and then pat dry your feet.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the solution of castor oil and place it on the corn. Secure it with tape and leave it on overnight to remove the corn.
- Remove your bandage next morning and apply some castor oil several times a day.
- Repeat the process for several days until the corn is fully removed.
3.) Garlic to Get Rid of Corns
Garlic is antioxidant in nature and very helpful to remove corns. Its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties will prevent infection.
- Rub the clove of garlic on the corn. Let the skin dry and cover it with a bandage and leave it for overnight. Remove the bandage next morning and wash your feet with warm water. Use this remedy every night until the corn disappear.
- Or you can cut two to three cloves of garlic into small pieces. Add a pinch of salt and then make a paste of it. apply this paste on your corn and secure it with a bandage and leave it for three days. On the third day when you will remove the bandage the corn will also come off. If needed repeat the process.
- You can also use another method to make a paste of two garlic gloves and add a little vinegar to the paste. Apply this paste directly on the corn. Put a cotton ball over it and cover it with tape. Leave it on for two to three hours. Then remove the tape and clean the area. Repeat the process daily for several weeks to remove the corn.
4.) Turpentine to Remove Corns
Turpentine oil has strong antiseptic properties that can help to treat corns. The oil will penetrate the skin quickly and increase the healing process.
- Take a few ice cubes and wrap it in a thin cloth. Massage it on the affected area for about two minutes. Then pat dry the area and rub some turpentine oil on the affected area. Put a bandage over it and leave it on for overnight. Use this remedy daily before going to bed.
- Or you can use another method. Mix two tablespoon of camphor oil and one tablespoon of turpentine oil. Let the mixture cool. Then soak your feet in warm water for few minutes and pat dry. After that apply this homemade cream of the corn. Store the rest in an airtight jar. Repeat this two to three times a day.
5.) Lemon to Remove Corns
Lemon is one of the best home remedies to remove the corn. The citrus acid present in lemon works to soften the hardened skin that makes up the corn and eventually falls out.
- Apply fresh lemon juice on the corn and let it dry. Use this at least three times a day.
- Or you can use another method, soak two pieces of cloves in one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice for about 15 minutes. Then remove the clove and rub this lemon juice on the corn. Let it air dry and apply the juice again. Repeat it several times a day.
- Mix one teaspoon of brewer’s yeast with a little lemon juice to make a paste. Slather a paste onto the corn, cover it with a bandage and leave it for overnight.
6.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Corns
Baking soda is a natural exfoliating agent that will help to remove the dead skin covering the corn, which in turn it helps the healing process. It also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that will help to keep your skin free from infections.
- Warm a cup of water and add two to three tablespoons of baking soda in it. soak your feet in this solution for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then rub the affected area with the help of pumice stone to remove dead skin.
- Or you can use another option. mix one teaspoon of baking soda with a little lemon juice and water to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on the affected area. Cover it with a bandage and leave it for overnight. Rinse off the paste with lukewarm water next morning and then exfoliate gently with a pumice stone.
7.) Licorice powder to Treat Corns
Licorice has amazing healing and medical properties that help to remove corns. Thus, it is one of the best home remedies for corns.
- Mix one tablespoon of licorice powder with enough amount of mustard oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area before going to bed.
- Put a bandage over it and leave it on for overnight.
- Remove the bandage and wash the area with lukewarm water next morning.
- Use this remedy until the corn becomes soft and the size of it decreases.
8.) Papaya to Treat Corns Naturally
Papaya is a very effective remedy to remove corns. There are several enzymes present in papaya that help to slough off the hard and dead skin. It can ease any pain or discomfort and even help the corn to get dry and fall off faster. To get the best result use raw papaya.
- Cut a small piece of raw papaya and extract the juice out of it.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the juice, apply this on corn and secure it with tape.
- Leave it for overnight.
- Use a pumice stone to gently exfoliate the skin next morning.
- Use daily until you feel satisfied.
9.) Turmeric to Remove Corns
Turmeric is a very useful remedy to remove the corn. It has anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties that can ease discomfort and reduce pain and speed up healing.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with a little honey to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on the corn and let it dry on its own. Use this remedy two to three times a day for at least once a week or until the corn comes out.
- Or you can use another remedy mix one half teaspoon of turmeric and one teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Apply this mixture on the corn. Cover it with a bandage and keep it on overnight. Rub the softened skin with pumice stone and apply some moisturizer next morning. Use this remedy daily until you remove corns completely.
10.) Pineapple to Get Rid of Corns
You can remove corns with pineapple. Pineapple peel is more effective than the flesh for treating corns. The peel contains certain types of enzymes that can soften the corns.
- Cut a small square from a pineapple peel.
- Put the inner part of the peel over the corn and secure it with a bandage. Then wear a sock and leave it for overnight.
- Remove the bandage next morning, and wash the area and then apply some coconut oil to it.
- Use this remedy every night for about one week or until the corn comes out.