The normal blister is filled with a clear fluid but blood blister is filled with blood lymph fluids and other body fluids trapped under the skin. These red fluid filled bumps are painful to touch due to brushing at the site of the blister that why when they get punctured they ooze dark fluid. sometimes the fluid separate from the rest of the body. It gets dry up an leave a dead cell material inside the blister that a texture similar to putty. Shoes that don’t fit, burning or scalding, the sudden and intense force on the skin, severe sunburns, skin reactions due to chemical allergens and various irritate are some causes of a blood blister. You can use these remedies to treat a blood blister.
Remedies to Get Rid of a Blood Blister:
1.) Cold Compress to Get Rid of Blood Blister
Before anything else, the first thing you should do is to apply a cold compress. the cold temperature will make your blood vessel constrict, which will help to reduce the swelling and stop the internal bleeding. If you don’t have an ice cube, so you can also use a bag of frozen peas or a cold spoon.
- You need to put some ice cubes in a plastic bag, then wrap the bag in the small towel.
- Place the wrapped towel on the affected area for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat this method few times a day immediately after the injury.
- Keep in mind that don’t apply the ice directly on the skin as it may cause an ice burn.
2.) Tea Tree Oil for the Treatment of Blood Blister
Tea tree oil is considered as one of the effective remedies to treat a blood blister. It has may potent healing properties including anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiviral, antibacterial properties that can help to dry out the blood blister naturally.
- You just simply need to dilute some tea tree oil with water.
- Apply this to the affected area and leave it for about 10 minutes.
- Then wash it off with cool water.
- You can use this remedy few times a day to see the positive result.
3.) Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of Blood Blister
Aloe vera contain anti-inflammatory properties which can help to treat a blood blister naturally. It also contains naturally occurring phenolic compounds called anthraquinones. Emodin and aloin are the major anthraquinones that are responsible for aloe vera’s antibacterial, anti viral and analgesic properties.
The anthraquinones present in aloe vera will help the flush to flush out unnecessary material from the blood blister. The saponin found in aloe vera can also provide relief and also reduce puffiness and soreness of the blood blister by increasing the production of cortisone. To apply aloe vera gel, you just need to follow these steps.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and cut it into slices to extract the juice out of it.
- Apply this fresh gel on the blood blisters four to five times a day.
- You can also apply the combination of vitamin E oil and aloe vera gel.
4.) Sandalwood to Remove Blood Blister
Sandalwood powder is of one the effective remedies to treat a blood blister. According to the study published in the Journal of Investigation Dermatology in 2014 researchers suggest that human skin cells have an olfactory receptor for the scent of sandalwood which means the scent of sandalwood can positively affect cell proliferation that can lead to faster wound healing after the activation of the receptors.
Sandalwood and its essential oil have many properties including antispasmodic, astringent, antispasmodic, emollient, anti-inflammatory and disinfectant activity.
- You can combine sandalwood powder with rose water.
- Apply it on the affected area and wait until it dries.
- Then wash it off ad repeat the process four to five times a day.
- You can also mix sandalwood essential oil with jojoba oil or olive oil.
- Apply this mixture to the blood blister three to four times a day.
5.) Garlic Oil to Treat a Blood Blister
The sulfur in garlic is thought to be responsible for many of its antioxidant and anti anti-inflammatory properties. garlic also contains therapeutic properties such as the special compound which is called allicin. Garlic contains a high amount of selenium and vitamin C, which are helpful antioxidants for skin healing.
- Heat up to five to six garlic cloves in a cup of olive oil until it becomes warm for about 10 minutes
- Let it cool to the room temperature.
- Then gently massage this oil on the affected are and leave it for about half and hour
- Wash it off with cool water
- Use this remedy once or twice a get to get full benefits.
6.) Chamomile to Get Rid of Blood Blister
Chamomile is well known for its would healing properties such as antioxidant, astringent, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. roman chamomile is often used for cosmetic preparations and soothing and softening of the skin.
- You can easily make chamomile tea using two to three teaspoon of dried chamomile in a teapot.
- Put a cup of hot water in a teapot and let it steep for about three to five minutes.
- Next day apply the chamomile tea with a cotton ball to on the affected area to treat a blood blister.
- You can also dilute about five to six drops of chamomile essential oil in a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Use this mixture three to four times a day.
- Black tea can also reduce pain and inflammation associated with blood blisters.
7.) Tea Bag to Treat a Blood Blister
The acidic elements present in tea helps to heal blood blister. It also has a protective effect on the skin that will prevent the blister from getting worse.
- You need put a used tea bag in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Place this tea bag on the affected area for a few minutes.
- Use this remedy at least two times a day for about two to three weeks.
8.) Epsom salt to Treat a Blood Blister
Epsom salt is a very effective remedy as it helps to relieve pain and inflammation associated with a blood blister. The warm water will help the blister to pop out naturally.
- Mix some water and a little amount of Epsom salt
- Use it to cleanse the blister
- Repeat it two to three times a day to treat a blood blister.
9.) Witch Hazel to Get Rid of Blood Blister
Witch hazel has astringent tannin that not only help to reduce the pain but also helps to dry out the blister quickly. It also helps to reduce the inflammation.
- Dab a small amount of witch hazel extract on the affected area and let it dry.
- Use this remedy at least four times a day for about one to two weeks.
10.) Cucumber to Treat a Blood Blister
Cucumber contains silica, which is a trace mineral that strengthens the connective tissue in the skin. If you will apply it on the blood blister, it will help to reduce the swelling the inflammation and pain.
- Simply cut a cucumber into thick slices and put a slice over the blister for a few minutes. do this several times a day for a few days until the blister is gone.
- You can also drink a glass of fresh cucumber juice every day.
11.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Blood Blister
Turmeric is well known for its therapeutic and medicinal properties, it is often used to treat skin problems such as suntans, minor burns, and blister. It has antiseptic properties which help to prevent infection.
- Make a thick paste of one teaspoon of turmeric powder with an enough amount of rose water and honey. apply it on the blister two to three times a day.
- You can also add one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and have that before going to bed.
12.) Avoid Salty and Spicy Food
If you are suffering from blood blister, then avoid salty and spicy foods as they have a chance to aggravating your blister and increasing the healing time. citrus foods like lime, lemon, grape and oranges and other foods like raw vegetables, salted chips, lentils, crackers help to prevent a blister from causing a lot of discomforts.