A foot blister is a small fluid filled bump that forms in the upper skin of the foot. It is usually caused by rubbing in one area or repeated friction. This can happen after walking long distances, performing repetitive motion during exercise, running, or by wearing old or poorly fitting shoes. The blister forms more easily on a moist foot as compared to a dry foot. Other causes are exposure to extreme temperatures, sunburn, chemical exposure, allergic reaction to irritants and the skin being crushed, pinched or aggressively squeezed. The number of medical conditions like herpes, chicken pox, impetigo, and diabetes can also cause foot blisters.
A foot blister can form in different sizes according to the cause and location. Other common symptoms include red and tender skin, inflammation, pain, and swelling. You can also have difficulty in walking. Foot blister is annoying as well as painful. Most of the blister heal on their own and do not need any medical treatment. However, you can reduce the discomfort and speed up the healing process using some simple and natural home remedies. You can use these remedies to treat a foot blister.
Ways to Treat a Foot Blister:
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of a Blister
Apple cider vinegar is a very effective remedy to heal blister due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. it can help to prevent and reduce the pain and inflammation caused due to blister.
- You need to dip a cotton ball into a solution of apple cider vinegar. Gently swab the cotton call around the affected area and let it dry on its own. If it stings, so first dilute the apple cider vinegar with water.
- Or you can use another method. Mix half teaspoon of onion paste with one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Apply this mixture on the blister and let it dry and then rinse if off with the help of warm water.
- Use any of these remedies twice a day for a few days.
2.) Aloe vera to Treat a Foot Blister
- Aloe vera has a healing property which are very effective in treating foot blister. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the redness and swelling. It also keeps the skin hydrated so it can heal faster and reduces the risk of infection.
- Take aloe leaf and slices it to attract the gel out of it. Apply this fresh aloe vera gel on the blister and allow it to dry on its own. Rinse it off with warm water.
- Or you can use another option. you need to prepare a mixture with an equal amount of aloe vera gel and vitamin E. Apply this mixture on the affected area and let it dry on its own. Then rinse it off with war water.
- Use these remedies 2 to 3 times a day for 3 to 4 days.
3.) Epsom salt to Get rid of a Foot Blister
Epsom salt is an easy and safe remedy to treat a foot blister. If helps to dry out an unpopped blister and encourage it to drain. It is high in magnesium which helps to reduce the swelling pain and inflammation. Epsom salt also prevents infection.
- Fill a foot tub with warm water and add one to 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt in it and sit it in thoroughly.
- Soak your feet in this water about 15 minutes
- Then remove your feet and pat dry it.
- Apply a coating of petroleum jelly or vitamin e oil in an affected area.
- Follow this treatment once a day for a few days.
- Once your blister pops, the Epsom salt may sting so discontinue use.
4.) Green Tea to Treat a Foot blister
Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce pain and swelling caused by foot blister. It also has several antioxidants and vitamins that will help the blister to heal quickly.
- Steep a green tea bag in a cup of hot water for about 5 minutes. remove the tea bag and let it cool on its own. Then put the moist tea bag on the affected area for a few minutes. repeat this 4 to 5 times a day for a few days.
- Or you can also drink green tea 2 to 3 times a day to speed up the healing process.
5.) Castor oil to Cure Blister
Castor oil is very effective and simple remedy to treat a foot blister. The thick oil keeps the affected area moisturized. This, in turn, reduces the itchiness and increase the healing process.
- Simply apply some castor oil on the blister and leave it on for overnight. Use this remedy 2 to three times a day. you will notice soon the blister will dry out.
- Or you can use another method. Mix 3 teaspoon of castor oil and a half cup of white vinegar. Rub this solution gently on the blister several times a day for a few days.
6.) Tea Tree oil to Treat a Foot Blister
Tea tree oil has astringent as well as antibacterial properties that help to treat a blister on the foot. It can even reduce the risk of an infection.
- You just need to first dilute one part of tea tree oil with three parts of any vegetable oil or plain water.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the solution and apply it on the affected area.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then rinse it off with cold water.
- You can use this treatment 2 to 3 times a day for a few days to get rid of a blister.
- You can also use an ointment made with tea tree oil to treat a foot blister.
7.) Vitamin E oil to Get Rid of a Blister
You can treat any kind of blister with the help of vitamin E oil. It helps to moisturize the skin which in turn relieves itchiness. It also facilitates the healing process and prevents scarring.
- Open up the vitamin E capsules and extract the oil out of it.
- Mix it with an equal amount of calendula oil and olive oil.
- Smear this mixture on the affected area and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Reapply as needed until you feel satisfaction.
8.) Chamomile to Cure a Blister
Chamomile has soothing and healing properties and can help to ease the pain and swelling to treat a foot blister.
- You need to make a strong cup of chamomile tea and let it cool to a room temperature.
- Take a washcloth and dip it into it and wring out the excess moisture.
- Put the moist washcloth over the affected area for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat it several times a day to get relief from pain and itchiness.
9.) White Toothpaste Get Rid of a Foot Blister
You can also use white toothpaste to dry out the foot blister. It is a useful remedy to treat a foot blister as it can ingredient like hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, menthol, and alcohol. It can also give you relief from itchiness.
- You need to put a small amount of toothpaste on your finger
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for at least 2 hours.
- Clean it off with a damp washcloth and then apply some foot petroleum jelly and foot cream.
- Follow this treatment one to 2 times a day until the blister is gone.
- You need to keep in mind that do not use whitening, gel or colored toothpaste.
10.) Turmeric to Treat a Foot Blister
Turmeric has healing properties that help to alleviate the pain and inflammation. It also has antiseptic properties that help to prevent infection.
- Mix half teaspoon of turmeric with enough amount of water or pure rosewater to make a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with the help of warm water. Use this treatment 2 to three times a day for a few days.
- Or you can drink a glass a warm turmeric milk daily before going to bed to speed up the healing process.