Heartburn is defined as burning sensation and pain in the chest and stomach. The burning sensation is caused due to acidic stomach juices into the esophagus when the valve between the esophagus and stomach does not close properly. This is why heartburn often happens after eating, fried, or fatty, acidic foods. Other common symptoms of this problem are nausea, gas, bloating, a sour taste in the throat and difficulty breathing. There are several home remedies acid reflux treatment naturally.
Top Home Remedies for Acid Reflux Treatment:
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Acid Reflux
Baking soda is also named as sodium bicarbonate. It provides easy and quick relief from acid reflux and heartburn. It acts as a natural antacid, it works instantly on acid reflux by giving you relief from heartburn pain.
- Take one tsp of baking soda and mix it in a glass of warm water.
- Drink it for immediate relief. You can also mix a lemon juice in this solution.
- Repeat this method whenever needed again.
2.) Fennel Seeds for Acid Reflux
Chewing fennel also helps reduce acid reflux. Chew fennel seeds several times a day, it will help freshen your breath while also monitoring the formation of stomach acid.You can also prepare a drink tea made from fennel seeds. To make this herbal tea,
- Bring some water to boil and some fennel seeds to this water.
- Boil it for 10 mins.
- Let the water cool down and then strain the water.
- You can add some amount of honey to sweeten it.
- Drink this tea several times a day to treat acid reflux.
3.) Use Mint to Cure Acid Reflux
Mint is an efficient ingredient in treating acid reflux and indigestion because of its soothing and calming properties helps treat digestion and relieve heartburn. Make a tea using mint leaves.
- Add 1 tsp of crushed mint leaves in a cup of hot water and boil it for 5 mins.
- Let it steep for another 30 minutes.
- Drink this tea 2-3 times a day to help relieve the gas problem and acid reflux.
- You can also chew some fresh mint leaves to prevent heartburn. However, avoid taking mint if you are suffering from acid reflux.
4.) Eat Ginger to Reduce Acid Reflux
Fresh ginger provides you relief from acid reflux in two ways – it helps absorb the acid in your stomach and helps soothe the nerves that contribute to acid reflux and heartburn.
You can use ginger in your cooking or chew raw ginger pieces or you can make drink ginger tea. This natural herb can be consumed daily to prevent acid reflux from recurring.
To make ginger tea:
- Bring some water to boil and put some grated ginger in it.
- Boil it for 10 mins.
- Strain the solution and cool down.
- You can also add honey for additional benefits.
- Let it steep for a few minutes.
- Drink this herbal tea 2-3 times a day.
5.) Use Vinegar for Acid Reflux
If you suffer from acid reflux or heartburn, vinegar can activate the sphincter under the esophagus that preventing acid from coming to the esophagus. From all the types of vinegar, apple cider vinegar generally works best.
- Simply add 1-2 tsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water.
- Drink it before each meal.
6.) Aloe Vera Juice to Get Rid of Acid Reflux
It is a well-known home remedy to get rid of acid reflux naturally. Aloe vera juice helps controls heartburn due to acid reflux. It also helps reduce healing and inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract.
- For best results, drink a 1/4th cup of aloe vera juice about 20 minutes before you hit a meal.
- Make sure you don’t drink this in excess as it can cause diarrhea and abdominal pain.
7.) Drink Milk to Prevent Acid Reflux
Drinking a glass of iced milk can be a simple solution to treat acid reflux and heartburn symptoms. Milk soothes the valve between the esophagus and stomach. You can also try other dairy products to deal with this problem. This is one of the best home remedies for people who experience acid reflux on rare occasions.
8.) Use Slippery Elm to Deal with Acid Reflux
Slippery elm has been used since ages to treat several diseases including acid reflux. It will help thicken the mucous lining in your stomach, thereby protecting you against acid. To use this method, try the steps given below:
- Add one tsp of slippery elm powder to a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep this mixture for 10 mins.
- You can sweeten it with honey.
- Drink it after meals and before going to bed.
9.) Drink Cabbage Juice to Treat Acid Reflux
Cabbage juice consists of natural anti-inflammatory properties that help ease various kinds of digestive problems including acid reflux.
- Take one fresh cabbage and two carrots and grind them using a grinder.
- You can also add some coconut water to it.
- Drink one-half cup of this juice every morning on an empty stomach to prevent acid reflux.
- You can also try juices made from vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, radishes or beets to reduce the formation of stomach acid that is a primary cause of acid reflux and heartburn.
10.) Eat Almonds to Get Rid of Acid Reflux
Almond is also an effective remedy to get rid of acid reflux naturally.
- Right after a snack or meal, eat 4-5 almonds.
- You can choose raw, salted or roasted almonds according to your taste.
- Chew them properly until it becomes a paste.
- Almonds release the oil from slows down the production of acid in your stomach.
- Try this remedy, whenever you feel heartburn or gas problems.