Do you remember the last time when you got a burn and could not help yourself immediately? If you would have used the home remedies, we vouch you wouldn’t have gone through the pain and inflammation through which you actually went. Well without exaggerating the scenario lets quickly get into the home remedies for burns, that you can use in future to aid burn of any type, whether it is sunburn, razor burn, heart burn or something hot has spilled over you.
List of Home Remedies for Burns:
1.) Aloe Vera to Cure Burns
Aloe Vera juice and gel has been used since ages to treat cosmetic problems such acne, pimples boils, blisters and burns. The leaf of Aloe Vera is packed with soothing and cooling properties that helps to treat the burn. In addition to this, it also helps to prevent the marks of the burns.
- Rip off an Aloe Vera leaf and extract gel from it.
- Spread the gel on the effecting area. Since it has cooling properties thus it sting for a while.
- You can also use Aloe Vera juice, one available in the market but make sure it is natural and does not contain too much chemicals.
- Apply it regularly until the burns are vanished.
2.) Black Tea to Treat Burns
Black tea is one of the best home remedies for burns. Though you can use any tea bag. However, black tea is more effective as compared to other tea since it has tannic acid. The tannic acid draws the heat from the burns and thus it cures the blister.
- In a cup of cold water, place a few tea bags of black tea.
- Then put the cold tea bag onto the affected skin.
- Alternatively, you can wash the skin with black tea as well.
- Another way to use black tea bag is, make a concoction of few black tea bags, 4 cups of hot water and some mint leaves. Strain the mixture into a bowl and leave it to cool at the room temperature. Once the mixture is cold enough, dip a cotton ball into the mixture and dab it over the effected skin.
3.) Cold Water or Ice Cubes to Get Rid of Burns
Cold water remedy is one of the quickest way to treat the burns. Cold water draws out the heat from the burn and prevents the blister to form. However, if you experience burns on the tongue then you can sue ice cube as remedy for burns.
- As soon as you experience burn, dip your hand in a jug of cold water. And leave it for a few minutes.
- Alternatively, wrap a few ice cubes in the washcloth and place it on the burnt area,
- Repeat any of the above alternative until you get satisfactory results.
4.) Lemon Juice with Coconut Oil for Burn Treatment
Both lemon juice and coconut oil are wonderful remedies individually and when both are used it together nothing can go wrong. Lemon juice has acidic compounds which helps to lighten the scars. Whereas coconut oil is packed with vitamin E, anti-oxidising and inflammatory properties with lauric acid mystic acid, that heals the burns.
- Mix equal parts of lemon juice and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture on the burned area.
- To cure the scar of the burns you can apply coconut oil and lemon juice individually.
5.) Treat Burns with Raw Potato
Another popular home remedy for burns is raw potato. Well, do not worry you do not have to consume this vegetable raw. All you have to do is apply it on the burnt area to get rid of the burns. Raw potato has anti-irritating and soothing properties that helps to cure the burns. In addition to this, it reduces the chances of developing the blister. Also, it will help to fade the blemishes and the scars.
- Cut a potato into the slices.
- Rub a slice on the burnt skin. Rub it until the color of the potato changes.
- Then rub another slice and similarly keep changing the slices.
6.) Honey for Burns Treatment
Next in the list of home remedies for burns is honey. Who does not know the benefits of honey consuming honey. Similarly, it as beneficial to apply on the burns. It has natural antibiotic that prevents burns from becoming infected. Moreover, it has natural pH which inhibited the growth of bacteria when applied topically. Also, it has cooling properties that draws the heat from the burn that relieves the pain and prevent blisters. It is a wonderful remedy for razor burns as well
- Rinse the burned area in the cold water, the gently pat dry with a soft washcloth.
- Then apply a thin layer of the honey. Leave it for a few minutes.
- Since honey is sticky so dirt and pollutants might stick to it. If it happens immediately wash the area.
- Use a good quality honey for the treatment.
7.) Cure Burns with Mint Toothpaste
Another popular remedy for burns is mint toothpaste. It has menthol which has cooling and soothing properties. These properties help in the treatment of burns. In addition to this, it prevents the scar or blister to appear. You can also use peppermint instead. It also same benefits and ingredient called menthol which protects your skin.
- Immediately rinse the burnt area with cold water. Pat, it dries with a soft towel or a washcloth.
- Then apply a nice layer of mint toothpaste on the burn and leave it on.
- Do this before hitting the sack, since the toothpaste will work throughout the night and prevent the blister to appear.
8.) Cure Burns Naturally with Vinegar
White vinegar has acetic acid. It is a component of the aspirin which relieves the pain, inflammation and itching. Moreover, it is a natural astringent and antiseptic which helps to prevent the burn from becoming infected. Adding to this, it also draws out the heat from the burns.
- Rinse the burnt area in the cold water.
- After rinsing pat it dry. Dip a cotton ball into the white vinegar and dab the cotton swab on to the effected skin.
- Alternatively, you can soak a washcloth in the white vinegar and use it like a compress to heal the burns
9.) Baking Soda to Heal Burns
Whether it is razor burn, you have spilled something hot on yourself or you are experiencing stomach burn or heartburn, baking soda cure all types of burns. It has some fine properties that draws the heat out and prevents the blister to appear. The only problem with this remedy is, it dries the skin. So, people with dry skin do not leave it on for long
- In a bowl add a teaspoon of baking soda and some drops of lemon juice. Mix both the ingredients, to give it a fine consistency you can add some water to it. Apply this mixture on the burned area.
- For stomach burn or heartburn mix a tea spoon of baking soda with a few drops of lemon juice and gulp it.
10.) Oatmeal to Treat Sunburn
This is also one of the best home remedies for burns especially sun burn. It will cure the burn and exfoliate the skin as well. However, do not ingest or apply it topically.
- In your bath water (cold) put some oatmeal.
- Soak your body in the same bath water for a couple of minutes.
- Do this regularly to treat the burns.
11.) Lavender Oil for Burn Treatment
Lavender oil not only has a pleasing aroma that works as stress buster in fact it has lot more that is beneficial for the overall health. It promotes the healing process and prevent further damage. Thus this is one of the best home remedies for burns.
- In a bowl pour some lavender essential oil, soak a washcloth into it.
- Squeeze the washcloth and wrap it around the burnt area.
- Or, rinse the burnt skin with the cold water, pat it dry and spray some lavender oil over it.
12.) Vitamin C and E as a Remedy for Burns
Both the vitamins i.e. vitamin C and E are beneficial for overall health. Talking about the burns specifically. Vitamin C boost the healing process and collagen production. It removes the dead skin cells. On the hand vitamin E has antioxidant and repairs and nourishes the skin. Both the vitamins together promote speedy recover.
- Vitamin C supplement is the alternative to use.
- Or crush the supplement and mix it with vitamin E oil and apply it to the burnt skin.
- You can also apply both the vitamins individually as well.
13.) Egg White for Burns Treatment
Egg especially egg white has numerous advantages, curing burns is one of them. It has essential properties that soothes the area and replenish the damaged skin. Thus it is one of the best home remedies for burns.
- Rinse the burnt area with cold water, pat it dry.
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white.
- Spread the egg white on the burnt area and leave it on until it gets dry.
14.) Plantain Leaves to Get Rid of Burns
Only few people know about the plantain leaves to others it might sound like alien. However, it is leaf like any other plant and essential properties that soothes the area and provides relief to burn.
- Wash the burnt area with cold water, pat it dry.
- Crush some plantain leaves and apply them on the effected skin.
- You can leave it like this or can wrap a gauze over it secure the leaves.
15.) Cucumber to Treat Burns
Like Aloe Vera cucumber is also one of the best remedies for burns. It has a cooling and soothing properties like Aloe.
- Cut the cucumber into slices, put in the refrigerator,
- Apply the refrigerated slice of the burnt area.