After writing how to get rid of pimples overnight?, how to get rid of blackheads?, how to get rid of whiteheads?, and how to remove pimple marks?, we are now writing home remedies for pimples removal. Pimples are a common phenomenon that occurs mostly among teenagers and leave behind a mark, which is not only ugly, but also very embarrassing for most people. It can deteriorate your level of self confidence and cause serious damage to your reputation in the social sphere. They mostly appear in the facial area, however, they can also appear on the neck region, temple, chin, shoulders and foreheads also. There are made over the counter medicines available to reduce pimples. However, these medicines are likely to leave behind with various side effects like making the skin rough and pesky. It is always better to use natural home remedies for pimples.
Causes of Pimples:
Pimples generally occur when the sebaceous gland, which is found at the bottom of the hair follicles becomes overactive and gets blocked giving birth to pimples. There are various reasons that contribute to the birth of pimples. The most common reasons are listed below.
Built Up of Dead Skin Cells: Our body is continually shedding the upper layer of our skin. Adolescence teenagers who are rapidly going through hormonal changes, are more likely to shed the skin on a regular basis in quick succession. The dead skin cells often get logged into the pores of the sebaceous gland, thereby obstructing the natural renewal process of the skin cells. Read how to exfoliate skin?
Hormonal Changes: There is a hormone known as androgen, which causes the sebaceous glands to flare up. This generally happens when a person is passing through the stage of puberty, menstrual cycle or happens to be pregnant. This is very natural process of the body’s development. The overactive sebaceous gland is likely to produce more oil build up, thereby leading to pimples.
Bacteria Growth: The sebum that is generally produced by the sebaceous glands, happen to get accumulated behind the blocked pores. The excess sebum that is accumulated generally contains a slow growing bacteria known as Propionibacterium. On finding favorable conditions, these bacteria tend to grow and cause painful acne.
Consumption of Dairy Products: According to a study published by New York university, it has been observed that people who consume high amount of dairy products like eggs, cottage cheese or chicken is more prone to pimple outbreaks from their vegetarian counterparts. Dairy products tend to increase oil secretion from the skin pores, thereby leading to pimples. Regulating the consumption of dairy and sugar rich foods like cakes and ice-creams will decrease the chances of pimple formation significantly.
Make-up: Failure to remove make up properly is one of the main reasons behind occurrence of pimples in females. Make tends to block the skin pores and prevents your skin from breathing properly. It is very important to remove makeup with the help of a natural cleanser to ensure your skin stays healthy. Also refrain from using oil based make up’s. Oil based makeup’s tend to clog the pores in your skin, leading to bacterial outbreaks. Switch to water based makeup to control any pimple outbreak.
Stress: A stressful life stimulates the increased secretion of androgen hormones, which in turn are known to stimulate the sebum glands leading to an increased amount of oil secretion leading to acne. Try to live a distressed life so that all the hormones in your body can function normally.
Home Remedies For Pimples Removal
There are many allopathic drugs, which can reduce the occurrence of pimples. However, these drugs are not free from side effects. Here is a list of some simple home remedies, which can cure pimples in a span of a few hours with very long lasting effects.
1.) Use Ice On Pimples
Ice can be a wonderful medium to reduce the pain and swelling around inflamed skin. Ice helps in improving the circulation of blood, which in turn helps in freezing the pores of the skin and removing the accumulated dirt from the pores. In order to use this ice remedy, wrap a piece of ice cube with a piece of clean cotton cloth and apply it on your pimples at regular intervals. You can use crushed ice or cubed ice for the purpose.
2.) Apply The Lemon Juice
Fresh lemon juice has a high concentration of vitamin C in it, which is effective in reducing pimples. This remedy requires the use of fresh lemon juice and is not suitable for people with sensitive skin. You can read lemon for acne on our website.
- Squeeze some lemon juice from a freshly cut lemon.
- Dip a cotton ball in the juice and apply it on your pimples.
- Alternatively, you can use lemon juice, along with some cinnamon powder and apply it on your pimples and leave it overnight.
- Wash it off in the morning and pat your skin dry.
3.) Take Help From Honey
Honey has natural antiseptic qualities and is very effective in treating pimples. Take some pure honey and apply it on your pimple affected area, with the help of a clean cloth. You can also use some cinnamon to make a paste with pure honey and apply it on your skin. Leave the paste overnight and wash it off the following morning. You will most likely notice a significant decrease in the inflammation and pain after this therapy. Read honey for acne of our website.
4.) Make Use Of White Toothpaste
Turn your regular white toothpaste as an effective means to treat pimples. The toothpaste treatment is one of the most effective remedies to treat pimples next only to the ice remedy.
- Dab some toothpaste on your pimples and leave it in that position overnight.
- This method works best with white toothpaste and refrain from using gel toothpaste.
- You can use this treatment as frequently as possible, but make sure the toothpaste is allowed to sit on your skin for at least 30 minutes, before washing it off. Repeat this process regularly for better results.
5.) Try The Steam Therapy
Steam works wonders when it comes to treating pimples. It has the capability of opening up the pores and allowing your skin to breath. Steam, helps your skin to get rid of all the accumulated, dirt, bacteria and dead cells.
- Fill a container with enough water.
- Let the water come to a boil and let your face soak up the steam.
- Keep on repeating the process for to get faster results.
- After the process ends, dry your face and apply a water based moisturizer for an added glow.
6.) Use The Garlic Remedy
- Cloves of garlic have high sulpher content and can effectively treat your skin problems.
- Peel a few cloves of garlic and rub them directly on the pimples.
- Once the juice is applied on the skin, let it sit for a few minutes, before washing your face with warm water.
- Since garlic is an antiviral, antiseptic, antifungal and antioxidant it can effectively reduce the occurrence of pimples.
7.) Apply Some Sea Salt
- Sea salt can be used to kill the bacteria in the pimple and reduce the inflammation.
- Mix some sea salt with water and make a solution. Apply this solution on your pimples , with the help of a Q-tip. This salt treatment will significantly dry out the pimples and reduce its occurrence.
8.) Tea Tree Oil Will Help
- Tea tree oil has high amount of antibacterial qualities and can be used to treat pimples in an effective manner. Take some undiluted tea – tree oil and with a help of a cotton swab, apply it on your pimples.
- Tea tree oil will help to kill the bacteria and reduce the inflammation and redness around the area. Read tea tree oil for acne on our website.
9.) Make Aspirin Tablet Paste
Take a couple of aspirin tablets and crush it to form a powder. Add a few drops of water to the powder and make a paste. Carefully apply the tablet paste on your pimples and let it dry, preferably overnight. The anti-inflammatory property of the aspirin will help to reduce the inflammation of the pimples and speed up the healing process.
10.) Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment
Apple cider vinegar has very similar properties like lemon juice. It has both antifungal and antibacterial properties and is very effective in killing the harmful bacteria present in the pimples. It is always a good idea to dilute the apple cider vinegar with water before applying it to the skin directly. Let ACV sit on your skin for a few hours before rinsing your face off with warm water. Read apple cider vinegar for acne on our website.
11.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Pimples Naturally
Baking soda is one of the best natural remedy available to man to treat pimple and other skin problems. It helps to clear the skin by gently exfoliating it. It is cheap and easily available to common people. The best way to use pimples is to make a paste of baking soda with the help of a few drops of water and apply it as a mask all over the face. Rinse it off with cold water, once the paste dries off.
12.) Apply Egg Whites Mask
Egg whites have astringent qualities and can help to reduce the occurrence of pimples. Take a egg and carefully break it. Separate the yolk from the whites, and apply the egg whites on the face with the help of your hands. Once it dries off, wash your face with water. Your face will look brighter after this treatment.
13.) Use Some Papaya Paste
Papaya flesh is an important ingredient in treating pimples. Smash up some papaya flesh and apply it on your skin. It will render you the benefits of some good quality pimple treatment skin, without drilling a hole in your pocket.
14.) Make Cornstarch Paste
Corn starch is very effective in treating pimples occurring on oily skin. It can reduce the redness and inflammation of the skin and reduce the painful feeling related to pimples. Make a cornstarch paste with the help of water and apply it to your entire face to get the best results. Wash it off once the paste dries off.
15.) Use The Banana Peel
Banana peels have high concentration of lutein, which is a powerful anti-oxidant and can help to treat painful pimple related conditions. Take a banana peel and rub it on your skin in a circular motion for a couple of minutes. After 30 minutes you will be free to wash your skin.
16.) Try Some Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is a great source of naturally occurring anti-bacterial gel. Rubbing aloe-vera gel will help to reduce the inflammation and redness of the skin and provide a cooling effect to your body. Read aloe vera for acne on our website.
Some Precautions to Reduce Pimples Occurrence:
- Prevention as they say is always better than cure. Make sure your skin remains clean and free from bacteria built up.
- The best way to ensure your skin is clean and free from all types of dirt is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Remove your make up regularly before going to bed, Wash your face with a good quality face wash. Eat a nutritious and healthy diet so that your skin does not become dry and remain healthy.
- Your skin needs to breath and feel hydrated. Ensure your skin stays well moisturized. A dry skin will ultimately lead to the excess of sebum production to keep the skin oily, which eventually will lead to pimple formation. So use a water based moisturizer which will keep your skin supply and prevent any excess sebum secretion.
- Dirty upholstery like a pillow or cushion covers is the nest of bacteria and germs. These bacteria will likely penetrate into the skin and lead to pimple outbreaks. If possible regularly clean your makeup brushes and other brushes or equipments that you use on your face.
- In your daily diet incorporate healthy vegetables like carrots, beans, lentils, which is high in vitamin and mineral content. The mineral and vitamin content will help your skin fight bacteria build up. Following a regular exercise regime will keep your body active and strengthen the immune system.
- Pimples are not a very serious problem. All of us experience this syndrome at some point of time or another during our lifetime. However, their occurrence is an irritating and can leave behind very ugly marks. Following these home made remixes will help your body to fight the pimples naturally and avoid the harmful effects of allopathic medicines.