Sugar scrub is one of the best and effective ways to achieve glowing skin. There are many sugar scrubs that are available in the market or you can make your sugar scrub at home. In this article, you will get to know about some homemade sugar scrub recipes. Homemade sugar scrub is the most effective natural way to exfoliate, soften and to freshen up the skin. Sugar is a natural sweetener that can be used as the beauty regimen. Its good texture exfoliates the skin without leaving any harmful residue that can clog the pores. Due to its moisturizing properties, it prevents the skin from drying.
There are some factors that damage the skin cells, such as stress, exposure from pollution, dirt and the sun’s ultraviolet rays. This leads to skin dullness and develops early signs of aging like uneven skin tone and fine lines. Homemade sugar scrub helps to create an abrasion to even out the skin tone. It removes dead and damaged skin cells, which are caused by pollution and sun exposure. The gentle massaging with a sugar scrub on the skin enhances the blood circulation. Homemade sugar scrub or face scrub prevents blackheads, whiteheads, acne, breakouts and other skin blemishes.
Best Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipes:
1.) Chocolate Coconut Sugar Scrub
You can eat or apply this chocolate coconut sugar scrub on your face. This chocolate scrub helps to exfoliate and remove the dead skin cells and keep your skin smooth.
Steps to Make Chocolate Sugar Scrub:
- Take 1 cup of brown sugar, half cup of coconut oil, 1/3 cup of almond oil and 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa butter.
- Mix all these ingredients in a large bowl.
- Now rub this scrub over your skin and wash your face. You can also apply it on your lips.
2.) Coconut Oil Homemade Sugar Scrub Recipe
Using coconut oil is one of the best homemade sugar scrub recipes that will help you to look better. You can use this sugar scrub as eye makeup remover, face wash, exfoliator, and moisturizer.
Steps to Make Coconut Oil Homemade Sugar Scrub:
- Take ¼ cup of granulated sugar and a half cup of coconut oil.
- Now combine them and massage your face with this scrub in circular motions for a half-minute. Wash your face and pat dry.
- You can also massage your hands with this scrub for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds wash your hands and pat dry.
- You can massage your legs and feet with this scrub. After 30 seconds, rinse your legs and feet.
3.) Vanilla Homemade Sugar Scrub
Vanilla sugar scrub controls the bacterial growth. Its rough texture helps to remove the dead skin cells.
Steps to Make Vanilla Sugar Scrub:
- Take half cup of brown sugar, half cup of granulated sugar, 1/3 cup of olive oil, 2 tbsp honey, ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract and half tsp of vitamin E oil.
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply this sugar scrub to your neck, face and throat.
- Scrub it gently in a circular motion and then after some time wash it with warm water.
4.) Cranberry Sugar Scrub Recipe
Cranberry has antioxidant properties and is a great source of vitamins B and C. Cranberry sugar scrub helps to exfoliate sensitive skin.
Steps to Use Cranberry Sugar Scrub Recipe:
- Take half cup frozen cranberries, 1 tsp of vegetable glycerine, ¼ cup of sweet almond oil, ¼ cup sugar, 2 drops of orange essential oil and 2 tbsp of oat powder.
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients except sugar and essential oil.
- Now pour this paste to a bowl and add sugar and essential oil to it.
- Apply this cranberry sugar scrub on your face, throat, and neck. After 1 minute wash it off with water.
5.) Banana Homemade Sugar Body Scrub
Bananas are moisturizing and soothing and it acts as a carrier for sugar. It is also rich in potassium, vitamins A, B, E and lots of nutrients.
Steps to Make Banana Sugar Scrub:
- Take 1 ripe banana, 3 tbsp of granulated sugar and ¼ tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Mash all the ingredients and gently massage this sugar scrub over your body.
- After 1 to 2 minutes, wash it off with water.
6.) Lemon Honey Sugar Scrub
Steps to Make Lemon Honey Sugar Scrub:
- Take 1 cup of organic cane sugar, ¼ cup of olive oil, 2 tbsp of raw honey, 2 tsp dried rosemary, 15 drops of lemon essential oil and 15 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Mix all the ingredients very well and apply it on your face.
- Scrub your face gently and then wash it with water.
7.) Green Tea Sugar Scrub Recipe
Green tea has antibacterial properties and is loaded with antioxidants. It is good for your skin.
Steps to Make Green Tea Sugar Scrub:
- Take 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1/8 cup of grapeseed oil, 1/8 cup of brewed green tea and 1 bag of green tea.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Now add the loose tea bag in this mixture which adds texture and scent.
- Now rub this scrub on your hands or body. After a minute wash your body with water.
8.) Apple Cinnamon Sugar Scrub Recipe
The apple cinnamon sugar scrub is one of the best homemade sugar scrub recipes which is good for your skin.
Steps to Make Apple Cinnamon Sugar Scrub:
- Take 1 cup of coconut oil, one and a half cup of sugar, 1 medium-sized apple, cinnamon extract and cinnamon powder.
- Cut the apple into smaller pieces and blend it to make a puree.
- Take a medium size bowl, mix sugar, coconut oil, apple mixture and 1 to 2 drops cinnamon extract. Now sprinkle cinnamon powder and mix it well.
- Add this scrub to jelly jars.
- You can store this scrub in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
- For soft skin, rub this scrub on feet, elbows and hands.
- After rubbing rinse it with water.
9.) Raspberry Lemon Sugar Scrub Recipe
Raspberry lemon sugar scrub is one of the best and effective homemade sugar scrub recipes for your skin. It makes your skin smooth and soft.
Steps to Make Raspberry Lemon Sugar Scrub:
- Take half cup of granulated sugar, ¼ cup of coconut oil, 1/8 to ¼ tsp of raspberry extract and 1/8 to ¼ tsp of lemon extract.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Now pour this mixture into a jar and place it in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Now you can use it on your face, hands and feet.
10.) Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub Recipe
This is one of the best homemade sugar scrub recipes for your skin. Cucumber mint sugar scrub makes your skin soft and smooth. This scrub contains amazing moisturizing and exfoliating qualities which are good for your skin.
Steps to Make Cucumber Mint Sugar Scrub:
- Take 1/3 small cucumber, 3 sprigs of fresh mint, 2 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 and a half cup of granulated sugar.
- Take a cucumber and cut it into small pieces.
- Now blend cucumber, mint, sugar and coconut oil in the food processor.
- Store this scrub in the refrigerator.
- Rub this scrub on your face, hands, and feet to make your skin glow.