How to get glowing skin with home remedies? A glowing and radiant skin is what every woman desires. It is something, which can make you look beautiful effortlessly beautiful. The skin bears a direct reflection of a person’s overall health. It reflects his lifestyle habits and the food he consumes.
Unfortunately, we live in an environment, which is full of pollution. Pollution tends to take away the natural glow and leads to aging. Other factors like Ulta violet rays of the sun, excessive stress, sleep deprivation, smoking and consuming alcohol, all leads to a dry and dull skin.
There are thousands of cosmetic products, which are available in the market, which claims to give an instant glow to the skin. However, most of them have chemicals in them, which can cause damage to the skin the long run.
Home Remedies to Get Glowing Skin
There are various types of products, which are available in our kitchen, which can be used as an active ingredient for treating the problem, of a dull skin.
1.) Turmeric to Get Glowing Skin
- Turmeric can be used in combination with gram flour or pineapple juice to lighten the skin and remove the scars.
- Measure two teaspoons of turmeric powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add around 5 tablespoons of fresh pineapple juice to the powder.
- Combine well to make a paste.
- Alternatively, you use gram flour instead of pineapple juice.
- Measure equal quantities of gram flour and turmeric powder in a mixing bowl.
- Make a paste out of these two ingredients, using a little amount of milk or water.
- Apply the paste all over your face and neck.
- Leave it on your face to dry.
- Wash with lukewarm water once it has dried.
- Repeat this process twice a week, for a beautifully radiant skin.
2.) Honey to Get Glowing Skin
- Honey is a wonderful moisturizer and can help to moisturize your skin and act as an antibacterial agent too.
- Take a spoonful of raw organic honey and apply it directly on your skin.
- Allow the honey to dry naturally.
- Once the honey dries up, wash your skin.
- This treatment will leave your skin, feeling, soft and moisturized.
- Alternatively, you can use honey, milk and gram flour for better results.
- Take a mixing bowl and add 2 tablespoons of milk in it.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and gram flour in it each.
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply the paste all over your face.
- Once it dries, wash your face with plain water.
3.) Lemon to Get Glowing Skin
- Lemon is rich in vitamin Candidate, which is essential for skin regeneration. Since it is acidic in nature, it helps to reduce dark spots and dead skin cells.
- Take a full lemon and cut it into two equal halfs.
- Squeeze the juice and apply it directly all over your face.
- You can also add honey to the juice, to get some moisturizing benefit.
- In case you are looking to exfoliate your skin, add sugar to the lemon juice.
- Rub the lemon juice and sugar mixture around your face in circular motion until all the sugar dissolves.
- Wash your face, with clean water, and you will be left with a softer and clearer skin.
4.) Aloe-Vera to Get Glowing Skin
- Aloe vera is a good quality astringent, which will help to remove the scars from the face. The anti-inflammatory properties of aloe-vera, will help to reduce the blemishes on the skin and make it look smooth and refreshing.
- Cut off a few thick leaves from the Aloe plant.
- Slit open the leaves carefully by making an incision horizontally.
- Scoop out the gel like transparent substance with the help of a spoon.
- Apply the gel on your face and allow it to dry naturally.
- Wash your face, once the gel dries off.
5.) Baking Soda to Get Glowing Skin
- Baking soda is a wonderful exfoliating agent. It helps the skin to get rid of dead skin cells, dirt and other impurities. It also helps to maintain a healthy pH balance of the skin.
- Measure a spoonful of baking soda in a dish.
- Add a spoonful of honey in the baking soda
- Mix them well to form a paste.
- Slowly apply this paste and allow it to dry.
- Alternatively, you can mix one teaspoon of water and one tablespoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of baking soda.
- Combine all the three ingredients and form a paste.
- Apply the paste and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Wash your face with water, once the paste dries off completely.
6.) Cucumbers to Get Glowing Skin
- Cucumbers are known for their nourishing properties. They can provide nourishment to the skin and help the skin to free itself from dirt or dead cell build up.
- Take a cucumber and peel the outer layer.
- Cut it into thick slices and rub it on your skin.
- Let the juice sit on your skin overnight.
- Rinse it off in the morning.
- Alternatively, you can blend the slices in a blender and extract the juice.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon juice to the cucumber juice and mix well.
- Apply the combined juice on your face and leave it on for a couple of hours,
- Rinse it off with plain water.
7.) Banana, Yoghurt and Egg White Mask to Get Glowing Skin
- The ingredients in this mask are filled with probiotics, which is very beneficial for a healthy skin.
- Take a ripe banana and smash it.
- Add two full spoons of yoghurt and the white of one egg to it.
- Beat all the elements together into a paste.
- Apply this mask on your skin and allow it to dry.
- Wash your face after an hour.
- You will be left with a glowing and resplendent skin.
8.) Oatmeal and Tomato Paste to Get Glowing Skin
- Take a ripe tomato and cut it into chunky pieces.
- Blend the pieces in a blender and strain the pulp to obtain the juice.
- Measure two teaspoons of this juice and add two spoons of yoghurt to it.
- Add two teaspoons of oatmeal into it and form a paste.
- Apply it on your face.
- While tomato is a good astringent, oatmeal will help to exfoliate your skin.
- Wash your face, once the mask dries off.
9.) Orange Mask to Get Glowing Skin
- Take some fresh orange peel and grind it in a blender with some water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin and allow it to dry.
- You can also add some yoghurt to the paste for added benefit.
- Orange peel is very high in vitamin C, which is essential for treating the blemishes in the skin.
10.) Potato to Get Glowing Skin
- Pell a potato and cut it into thick slices.
- Rub the slices on your face.
- Allow the juice to sit on your skin for a few hours.
- Rinse with cold water afterwards.
- Potato juice will help to reduce the dark spots and lighten your skin tone.
11.) Milk to Get Glowing Skin
- Milk has been used since times immemorial, for increasing the radiance of the skin and making it soft and supple.
- Take a bowl of milk and add a few drops of lemon juice in it.
- Rub this milk all over your face, and body.
- Allow your skin to experience the goodness of milk.
- Wash yourself with clean water.
12.) Mint and Lemon Juice to Get Glowing Skin
- Mint is known for its cooling properties, while lemon has a special acidic nature, which helps to lighten the complexion.
- Take a handful of mint leaves.
- Crush them in a mortar and extract the juice.
- Measure two tablespoons of mint juice in a cup.
- Add one tablespoon of lemon juice to the mint solution
- Mix both the juices and apply it on your skin.
- It will leave your skin, feeling beautiful and radiant.
13.) Fuller Earth and Rose Water to Get Glowing Skin
- Take two spoonfuls of fuller earth.
- Add sufficient amount of rose water and form a paste.
- Apply this paste on your neck and face region and allow it to dry.
- Alternatively, instead of rose water you can add one teaspoon of yoghurt and one teaspoon of honey combine the ingredients to form a paste and apply it on your face.
- Allow it to dry and rinse off with cold water.
Other Useful Tips to Maintain a Glowing Skin:
- Do not expose your skin to the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- Take preventive measures, like applying sunscreen before going out.
- Use umbrella, hats and eye shades to ensure, your skin remains well nourished.
- Reduce the amount of alcohol you consume
- Drink water- It helps to flush the antioxidants from your body.
- Exercise daily- It will help to skin healthy and glowing.
- Quit smoking – It causes premature aging.
- Do not wear too much make up- it clogs the skin pores and leads to problems like pimples and acne.
- Remove your makeup, every night before going to bed.
- Don’t forget to clean and moisturize your skin regularly.
- Make dietary changes- Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Stay away from junk food.
- Drink green tea- it is rich in antioxidants that helps to fight the free radicals in our body.
- Eat almonds – It helps to keep your skin glowing.
- Don’t indulge in too much of stress- it leads to wrinkles.
- Get enough rest- Like any other organ in our body; the skin also needs time to heal.