If you experience migraine headaches, then this article will provide you some home remedies for migraines treatment naturally. Millions of Americans suffer from migraines. While having migraine, you are not able to work. Experiencing throbbing pain on one side of the head is known as Migraine. Migraine get worse while moving. Migraine is a very complicated condition with a variety of symptoms. However, one of the main symptoms of migraine is a painful headache. Other symptoms include feeling sick, vomiting, disturbed vision, sensitivity to light and sound and smells. Signs like constipation, food cravings, frequent yawning, a stiff neck and irritability may also occur before a migraine attack. Migraine can be a very serious problem and it can last for several hours.
A migraine is a severe headache felt as an intense throbbing pain at the front side of the head. Migraine is a condition that involves both vascular and neurological changes in the brain during an attack. The complicated nature of migraine means that the treatment of migraine varies and differ from person to person. However, there is no proper cure for migraines, but still you can try some home remedies and natural remedies to get relief from migraine. Home remedies can reduce the frequency of migraine headaches.
Types of Migraine:
There are many types of migraine such as:
Migraine With Aura- This type of migraine occurs when there are warning signs before migraine attack such as disturbed vision and seeing flashing lights.
Migraine Without Aura- It is a very common type of migraine that occurs without any warning signs.
Migraine Aura Without Headache- This type of migraine also known as silent migraine which occurs when you experience an aura or other migraine symptoms. In this type of migraine headache doesn’t develop.
Symptoms of Migraines:
- Painful headache
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Causes of Migraines:
- Lack of food
- Hormonal changes in women
- Lack of sleep
- How Long Do Migraines Last?
Migraine is a severe headache that lasts from four to 72 hours. Migraine occurs very often in a week to once a year.
Home Remedies for Migraines Treatment Naturally:
Using home remedies and natural remedies are one of the best ways for migraine treatment.
1.) Ice Pack for Migraines Headache Treatment
The ice pack is one of the most popular home remedy to treat migraine headache fast. It also helps to get rid of tension. It reduces pain due to its numbing effect. Ice pack tightens the muscles and enlarge the blood vessels that will give relief from headache.
Steps to Use Ice Pack:
- Take some ice cubes and wrap it in a clean cloth.
- Place this cloth on your forehead, temples and the back of your neck for 15 minutes.
- Repeat it as needed.
- Another method, you can also try alternatively cold and hot compress for 15 minutes. For better results, you can also add peppermint and lavender essential oils to the water for the compress.
2.) Chamomile to Get Rid of Migraine Fast and Naturally
Chamomile helps to relieve migraines due to its soothing, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties. Drinking chamomile tea regularly can help to prevent the migraine problem. Try to use German Chamomile to deal with a migraine. See the label “German chamomile” on the herb.
Steps to Use Chamomile to Treat Migraine Fast and Naturally:
- Take 2 to 3 tsp of dried chamomile flowers.
- Boil 1 cup of water and add chamomile flowers to this hot water.
- Allow it to steep, then strain the tea.
- You can also add some honey and lemon juice to it.
- Drink this chamomile tea 3 to 4 times a day to get relief from migraine symptoms.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Migraines Treatment
Apple cider vinegar helps to reduce migraines due to its nutritional properties. Apple cider vinegar also offers health benefits like regulating high blood pressure, aiding detoxification, reducing bone pain, controlling blood sugar and relieving constipation.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Add 1 tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
- Mix 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Drink this solution daily to treat migraines instantly.
4.) Cayenne Pepper to Get Rid of Migraines Fast
Cayenne pepper is a great home remedy to get rid of migraines without medications. It helps to improve blood flow and stimulates circulation. Cayenne pepper works as a painkiller due to containing capsaicin compound.
Steps to Use Cayenne Pepper for Migraines:
- Heat a cup of water and add 1 tsp of cayenne pepper to it.
- If you want, you can also add a little lemon juice and honey to taste and health benefits as well.
- Drink this solution as needed to get relief from migraine headache.
5.) Peppermint for Migraines Treatment
Using peppermint is one of the best home remedies to cure migraines. Peppermint helps to soothe the nerves due to its anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties. The smell of this herb reduces the pain.
Steps to Use Peppermint to Treat Migraines Fast:
- Prepare a peppermint tea by adding honey to it.
- Drink it as needed to cure migraine headache.
- An alternate method, massage your temples with 1 drop of peppermint essential oil or a combination of lavender and peppermint oils. Keep it for at least half an hour.
- Do this many times a day until you get relief from headache.
6.) Ginger to Get Rid of Migraines Naturally
Ginger is one of the best home remedies in the treatment of migraines. Ginger blocks prostaglandins as these chemicals promote muscle contractions, regulate inflammation in blood vessels in the brain and impact hormones.
Steps to Use Ginger to Treat Migraines Naturally and Fast:
- Prepare a cup of ginger tea by adding ginger piece in a cup of boiling water and drink it many times a day to get relief from the migraine symptoms.
- You can also chew a piece of raw ginger root that will help to relieve the symptoms like digestive stress and nausea.
7.) Massage for Migraines Treatment
Massaging is the best way to get rid of migraines without medicines. Massage will block the pain signals to the brain that’s why it eases migraine headaches. It also stimulates serotonin receptors and boosts serotonin activity that helps to reduce the symptoms of migraines.
Steps to Do Massage:
- Use your first two fingers to massage your head in circular motion. While massaging, keep in mind that there are some pressure points on the base of skull, corners of the eyes and middle of the forehead. When you press them correctly, it will relieve pain.
- An alternate method, heat 2 tsp of sesame oil. Add one-half tsp of each cardamom powder and cinnamon powder. Use this mixture to massage your forehead. Leave it for a few hours and then wash it off with water.
- A regular massage will reduce the duration of migraines.
8.) Feverfew for Migraines Treatment
Feverfew is another effective home remedy to treat migraines fast and naturally. This is an herb that contains a parthenolide compound that helps to relieve spasms in muscle tissue and prevents inflammation. It also influences the pain signals that help to reduce the pain.
Steps to Use Feverfew to Cure Migraines Naturally:
- Make an herbal tea by steeping 1 tsp each of Feverfew and dried peppermint leaves in a cup of hot water for half an hour. Strain the tea and drink it many times throughout the day. Continue until the pain is gone.
- Alternatively, you can also eat 2 to 3 fresh Feverfew leaves daily or can take dried leaf capsules of 50 to 100 mg daily.
9.) Coffee to Get Rid of Migraines Fast
Drinking a cup of strong coffee reduce migraine headache symptoms instantly. Coffee contains caffeine that blocks certain receptors and restricts the blood vessels that causing the migraine.
Steps to Use Coffee For Migraines Headache Treatment:
- Prepare a cup of coffee by adding 1 tsp of coffee in a cup of boiling water and add a little honey to it.
- To increase the effectiveness, add a few drops of lemon juice to it that helps to treat headache.
- Drink a cup of coffee 3 to 4 times a day to get desired results.
10.) Apples to Get Rid of Migraines Fast and Naturally
Eating an apple as soon as you experience the symptoms of a migraine attack can help to reduce the pain. Research suggests that the smell of a green apple can reduce the severity of migraine and ease the pain.
Additional Tips to Get Rid of Migraines:
- Try some muscle relaxation exercises and relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga.
- Eat a diet, which are high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
- Get enough sleep.
- Drink plenty of water as dehydration can be a cause of headache.
- Avoid foods that can trigger your migraine attack.
- Consult a doctor in extreme condition.