There would be hardly any who does not like chocolates and sweet. The only problem with sweet, Chocolate and even junk food is that if they are eaten in excess it leads to tooth decay and gum diseases like pyorrhea and gingivitis. The primary symptom of all these teeth related problems is toothache. It is quite common in adults and youngsters also. Well, eating chocolates, sweets and junk food in the limit is not only the remedy to prevent pain in tooth. Apart from it one must brush and rinse the teeth thoroughly at least two times a day. In addition to its visit your dentist regularly. However, if the pain has just begun, you can have home remedy for toothache. Since these are home remedies, therefore they are safe and sound to use. And, are not expensive as well. Read more to know best home remedy for toothache.
Causes of Toothache:
- Consuming chocolates, sweets and junk food in excess.
- Not brushing your teeth thoroughly.
- Not taking a good care of your teeth.
List of Home Remedy for Toothache:
1.) Clove Oil to Get Rid of Toothache
Clove has all the essential properties that helps to treat not only the toothache, but gum diseases such as pyorrhea and gingivitis. It also keeps your teeth healthy and white. Starting with its properties, it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that helps to inhibit the growth of the germs causing toothache and relieves the pain caused due to it. In addition to this clove also has antioxidant and natural anesthetic known as eugenol. It numbs the area and work as a remedy for toothache.
- Grind a few whole cloves. Mix the clove oil with vegetable oil and spread it over the affected area.
- Alternatively, dip a cotton ball into the clove oil and place it over the sore tooth.
- Or, simply chew some cloves, the juices released while chewing will relieve the pain.
- You can also mix clove powder into water and use it rinse your mouth after the brush.
2.) Peppermint to Cure Toothache
Another effective home remedy for toothache is peppermint. Who does not like the scent of the peppermint and its cooling effect. Well, there is scientific and proven reason behind using peppermint to treat toothache. Without going into the scientific details, and to be precised it contains an ingredient known as menthol that numbs the area and provide relief to the sore tooth. The same ingredient i.e. menthol is used in toothpaste and mouthwash also.
- Rub some peppermint oil over the affected area.
- Alternatively, use a peppermint teabag as remedy for toothache. Place a tea bag into the refrigerator and let it cool. Keep this cold teabag on the affected area and leave it for a few minutes.
- Simultaneously, gargling with peppermint tea will also aid the treatment
3.) Salt Water as Toothache Remedy
Swishing with salt water not only helps to treat the toothache, in fact it also aids, tooth decay and gum diseases such pyorrhea and gingivitis. You must be wondering how this works in the favor. The explanation to it is, when you eat your favorite sweet or any sweet, the bacteria start feeding in the mouth. When it breaks, down the sugar, lactic acid is produced. This acid destroys the first layer of the teeth that is known enamel and thus your teeth your teeth becomes infected. This is the reason why you feel pain and soreness in the teeth. What salt water do is, it neutralizes the acid and slow down the process of infection. In addition to this it will draw out the fluid that causes the discomfort and give you relief. To conclude this, salt water will inhibit the growth of bacteria and treat the pain.
- In a glass of warm water mix a tablespoon of salt and use to swish.
- Do this at least 2-3 times a day as remedy for toothache.
4.) Heal Toothache with Hydrogen Peroxide
Next in the list of remedy for toothache we have hydrogen peroxide. This remedy is quite similar to salt water. However, unlike salt water it does not clean the bacteria, in fact it essential properties that helps to inhibit the growth of the bacteria. Moreover, it is much effective from the salt water. The only problem with this remedy is, it has to be used in a specified amount, using more than it could be harmful for the health. So, to avoid any health emergency use a specified amount of hydrogen peroxide as a remedy for toothache.
5.) Cure Pain in Tooth with Garlic
Another home remedy for toothache is our own garlic. You might have heard about its health advantages but only few knows that, the ingredient is a wonderful remedy for teeth pain, tooth decay and gum diseases. Garlic is a natural antibiotic that relieves the pain. In addition to this, it has beautiful medicinal properties that works to keep your teeth and gums healthy. It hinders the growth of the bacteria and thus works in your favor.
- Crush a garlic clove to get a powder. Mix the garlic powder with the black salt or table salt.
- Apply this mixture on the affected tooth. Leave it for a few minutes and rinse your mouth.
- Alternatively, chew a clove of garlic as remedy for toothache.
6.) Guava Leaves to Cure Toothache
You might find this remedy quite weird but trust us this is one of the best remedies for toothache and all the other problems related to the tooth. The leaf has some medicinal properties that works in the favor. In addition to this, it has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that comes in the favor. It is works for yellow teeth as well.
- Chew some guava leaves, while chewing, juice will be released that will aid the pain in the tooth.
- Alternatively, boil a glass of water and add a few guava leaves into it. Steep it for a while. After some time strain the water and add a dash of salt to it and use it to swish it regularly as remedy for toothache.
7.) Vanilla Extract to Cure Gum Diseases
Another popular home remedy for toothache is vanilla extract. It contains alcohol that works as a mumbling agent. Moreover, the scent of vanilla is considered as remedy for many teeth ailment. Moreover, it has a calming effect that adds to its benefits.
- Dip a cotton ball into the vanilla extract and place it over the affected area.
- Do this regularly for a few days until you get a relief from the toothache.
8.) Get Rid of Toothache with Onions
They might smell very bad but are one of the best remedies for toothache. What works in the favour is, its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties? These properties elevate the throbbing pain and sourness. Moreover, it inhibits the growth of bacteria.
- Chew a slice of the onion for a few minutes.
- If the pain persists, dab a slice of onion over the affected area. This will definitely cure toothache.
9.) Treat Pain in Tooth with Asafetida
Asafetida is a common spice that is used in the household. It not only helps to treat the gastric problems and stomach, in fact it comes handy for treating tooth decay and gum disease.
- In a bowl mix dash of the asafetida powder and few drops of the lemon juice and with water. Mix these ingredients thoroughly.
- Dip a cotton ball into this mixture and place the swab on the affected area.
- Alternatively, fry a dash of the asafetida powder in the clarified butter and use it as a home remedy for toothache.
10.) Oil Pulling as a Home Remedy for Toothache
What better can be than oil pulling. Oils such as coconut oil has certain properties that helps to treat pain in the teeth, tooth decay and gum diseases such as pyorrhea and gingivitis. In addition to this, the oil is safe and won’t cause any ill effect on your health.
- Sip a table spoon of coconut oil and swish it around the gums and teeth.
- Do this for a few seconds and then spit the oil out.
- In any case, do not gulp the oil
11.) Ice Cubes or Cold Compress to Get Rid of Toothache
Ice cubes or cold compress simply numbs the nerve ending and thus provide a relief from throbbing toothache and soreness. However, do not apply ice cubes directly on the teeth and gums.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in washcloth and dab it on the cheek against the affected teeth.
- Alternatively, use a cold compress.
- You can also use the bag of frozen vegetables as a home remedy for toothache.
12.) Wheat Grass Juice to Treat Toothache
It is believed that wheatgrass has natural antibacterial properties that treats the toothache and other tooth related problems.
- Use the juice of wheatgrass to rinse your mouth.
- The toxins present in juice will elevate the pain and growth of bacteria.
- Alternatively, chewing fresh wheat grass will also work in your favor.