How to get rid of fleas in your house fast? Sometimes pets accidentally bring a blood sucking, tiny and relentless irritations friends at home. How would you get rid of them? How to use home remedies to get rid of fleas? Fleas are an ugly creature that hides in our house or in our backyard and troubles our pets. Fleas usually go unnoticed as they hide in dark and damp environment. An adult flea can lay about 10-50 egg in a singular day and over a thousand eggs during its lifetime. The larvae stage known as nymph continues for 5 days, after which the adult merges. They live on warm blooded animals or humans. Often the flea attack is not detected, unless their numbers have crossed several thousands.
Fleas are irritating stuff and also dangerous at the same time. They are known to spread several diseases like typhus and plague. Common symptoms include red or itchy skin, biting, licking, scratching, skin sores or hair loss.
(A) Home Remedies to Get Rid of Fleas in Your House Fast:
There are many chemicals over the counter medicines available to treat fleas, however, if you do not want to inject harmful chemicals into your little one’s body, then home remedies is the best remedy for you.
1. Essential Oil Treatment to Get Rid of Fleas in Your House Fast
Steps to Follow:
- Essential oils contain a typical smell, which is important to ward off the fleas from your pet’s body.
- Get a bottle of lavender or cedar oil.
- Measure 2 to 3 tablespoons of water in a glass.
- Add a few drops of the oil in the water.
- Stir well and mix the solution.
- Get a clean piece of cloth and fold it into the shape of bandana.
- Apply the moisture on the cloth and rub it smoothly, so that the liquid gets paid evenly.
- Tie the cloth around your dog’s neck.
- Repeat the entire process every weekend, with a fresh piece of cloth.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Fleas In Your House Fast
Steps to Follow:
- Fleas don’t like the pungent smell of Apple cider and prefers to leave the pet, who is getting treated with ACV.
- Measure one liter of distilled water.
- Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in the solution.
- Transfer the mixed solution into a spray bottle.
- Use the spray bottle to spray on your pets.
- It will ensure they are spared the pain of flea bites.
3. Flea Combing to Get Rid of Fleas in House Fast
Flea combing is one the most primitive and often used ways of getting rid of pet fleas. The procedure is simple and is usually very effective.
- Take a big saucepan and fill it with water.
- Place it over a stove and bring the water to a boil.
- Add fresh sliced of lemon to the water and turn off the heat.
- Allow the lemons to step in that water overnight.
- In the morning, use a flea brush to comb your pet and use the lemon and water solution to bath it.
- Make sure you repeat the process often, to ensure, you dog is free from flea attack.
4. Vinegar and Essential Oil Treatment to Get Rid of Fleas In House
This treatment kills the fleas and leaves your pet smelling fresh and beautiful.
- Fill a spray bottle with one cup of apple cider vinegar or normal vinegar.
- Add a few drops of essential oils to the solution, to make it fragrant and more effective.
- Tightly close the mouth opening of the bottle.
- Spray this solution all around your house.
- Make sure you don’t spray in the eyes, nose or ears of your furry creatures.
- Repeat this process every day for a week, to ensure your pet is clean from flea infestation.
5. Flea Trap to Get Rid of Fleas in House
Out of all the fleas, that might be present in your house, only one percent might be present in your pet’s body. The rest 99% is either busy laying eggs or finding new hideouts. The best way to kill fleas is to trap them and kill them.
- Take bowl or deep plate and place it in the middle of the room. Add hot water in the dish and fill it to the brim.
- Add one cap full of dishwashing liquid in the bowl and stir well.
- Place a candle near the dish or bowl and lit it.
- The fleas will get attracted to the light and get sucked into the dishwashing liquid soap solution.
- Repeat this method for a couple of days, if you suspect a heavy infestation.
6. Boric Acid or Salt Method to Get Rid of Fleas in Your House
Both these ingredients are known for their drying properties and can effectively kill the fleas by drying out the outer exoskeleton of the pests.
- Pour the salt or boric acid powder in a sprinkler bottle.
- Sprinkle them all over your house, especially in the closet, carpets, rugs and other areas, where the chance of bed bug infestation is high.
- Let the powder work its way for 12-24 hours.
- Vacuum the carpets, rugs and cabinets thoroughly.
- Repeat the process every day, unless you are absolutely sure, that no more fleas are present.
- While adopting this process, you will be required to take some precautions, like you have to be careful about your children and pets, so that they do not inhale or consume the poisonous stuff.
- Wash your done; clean your hands with a good disinfectant soap, to ensure you are not carrying the poison with yourself.
- Lastly don’t use this boric acid formula in your kitchen. It might lead to food poisoning.
- You will be required to clean once the treatment is over, to ensure no boric acid remains are left in them.
7. Diatomaceous Earth to Get Rid of Fleas In Your House Fast
Diatomaceous Earth has sharp edges, which can be a reason for death among fleas. When the fleas will come in contact with the earth, the sharp edges tend to cause fatal injury and they die due to excessive bleeding.
- Take a handful of Diatomaceous Earth and sprinkle it on your carpets, rugs and everywhere where the occurrence of fleas is high.
- Leave it overnight and then vacuum your home.
- Repeat the process if required the following day.
- Clean the carpets, rugs and mats in detergent solution, once the problem of fleas is tackled.
8. Horse Apples to Get Rid of Fleas In Your House Fast
Steps to Follow:
- It is special type of fruit, which is known to repeal insects and various other types of rodents.
- Take a Horse apple and cut it into two equal slices.
- Place the apple in your room, especially around the area of your bed.
- In case you have very high concentration of fleas in your house, place one apple in each room.
- Place them near the bed linen or window panes.
- In a matter of few days, you will be able to see the difference.
9. Rosemary Spray to Get Rid of Fleas In Your House Fast
Steps to Follow:
- Take a handful of rosemary leaves and chop them into small pieces.
- Place the leaves in a bowl and add hot water over them.
- Add the lemon slices and allow the leaves and lemon slices to seep in the warm water overnight.
- Add a few drops of geranium oil to the solution in the morning.
- Mix the entire ingredient and strain the liquid.
- Transfer the oil and leaves mixture into a spray bottle.
- Spray this solution everywhere in and around your house.
10. Get Rid of Fleas in Your House with Washing
Wash lived-in items and areas of your home. Put your pet bedding into the washing machine and let it strive for a profound spin. That includes anything that the pets like to regularly lie or consider, which isn’t always proposed to serve as pet bedding. Wash everything – the bed sheets, the throw on the couch and the bathroom floor covering.
- If the item is not salvageable or the inside of the pet bedding is full of dirt (dander, flea eggs, flea larvae, and flea fertilizer) best to throw it out and purchase another bed. Regardless of the fact that you wash the cover and put the inside of the bedding back on the cover, the eggs will at present hatch.
- Fleas attack humans, as well. In the event that you suspect that you may be a casualty of those bloodsucking vermin. Regardless of the fact that you don’t — you’re going to need to wash your sheets and upholstery too. Washout everything thoroughly that you frequently touch and has a vector for fleas.
11. Get Rid of Fleas In Your House With IGR
Spray an insect growth regulator (IGR) like methoprene or pyriproxyfen. Room Foggers (aggregate discharge vaporizers) aren’t as effective as sprays unless they contain an IGR. Spray containing IGR with help to control the birth of adult fleas to destroy their larvae.
12. Get Rid of Fleas From Home With Vacuum Cleaner
Become friends with your vacuum cleaner. While the detached, potentially flea-pervaded items are continuously washed, arm yourself with a vacuum and suck the flea life out of each surface, niche and crevice you can discover. While you’re doing this, leave your pets away from your house or outside. Alternatively, you can confine them to the bathroom to vacuum the surface and keeping your pets away assure that fleas don’t jump onto the surface you just vacuum.
- Sticking a flea collar or broken-up mothballs in the vacuum cleaner helps to kill off the buggers that you’ve sucked up so they can’t come back to frequent you. Fleas basically won’t survive the vacuum, yet you want to play it safe.
- Focus on areas that don’t get much exposure to sunlight (fleas like humid and cool spots), any place that you discover dried blood and dung (flea trash), upholstered furniture, and cleft around baseboards and cupboards (that is the place the eggs and larvae are most likely hiding).
- When the vacuum bag is full, seal it in a plastic trash bag and put it in a covered trash container, preferably outside. Generally, the little buggers can creep out and make themselves cushy once more.
13. Get Rid of Fleas From Home with Botanical Dust
Use botanical dust mixed with Borate corrosive. An adult flea will live just around a week without blood from its host, while a flea larva can live a few months. Treating your house with a natural and very safe insecticide like borate and botanical dust. They will also helps to attacks the larvae.
- Botanical dusts are maybe the oldest natural insecticides. Borates are minerals that are utilized widely as wood additives, detergents, and insecticides, going about as stomach toxins to fleas. They have low toxicity and are safe to use around humans.
- While the botanical dust and borate mixture is exceptionally safe, care ought to be taken not to inhale it in. Utilize a veil when applying the dust mixture in the home.
- You ought to dust the furniture, the bed, the carper and also the cat and dog’s bed. It’s good that you do this when you are going out of your home for 24 hours or more. Vacuum and then wash the bed sheets and clean the carpet. If you want, you can leave a small part of the borate mixture on the carpet to obstruct the reproduction in the future.
14. Clean Your Back Yard to Get Rid of Fleas From Home
Reclaim your back yard and clean it. Expose flea larvae to sunlight by riming grass and prune foliage before your pet(s) letting outside. Look around. Do you see any dull, moist spots? Figure out how to expose them to sunlight on the off chance that you can.
- Even after you have exposed these places to the sunlight, you may find that your pets are even now bringing in fleas from outside. The best way that you can solve this situation is to utilize either cedar wood chips or Eucalyptus leaves. Fleas scorn them, and they are all-natural, so you won’t pollute nearby plants (and other valuable insects) or even run the danger of harming your pet.
- Purchase cedar wood chips from your nearby accommodation store and spread them over the affected areas. In the event that your dog can stand it, place cedar wood chips in its pet hotel. Place eucalyptus oil in affected areas. You can even plant eucalyptus brambles, in spite of the fact that they grow quite powerfully and can contrarily affect the capability of different plants to grow around it.
15. Get Rid of Fleas From Home with Detergent Trap
Fill shallow bowls of water with dish detergent. This is basically a hand crafted flea trap. The water and dish detergent mixture is similar to a toxic swimming pool for fleas. Fleas, tricked in by a light source, jump into the water and can’t escape.
- Take an extremely shallow bowl. The bowl should be low enough to the ground so that the fleas accidentally hop into it. Place the water and detergent mixture in the bowl An old flying plate or low-walled bowl does the occupation quite well.
- Take a low-hanging light source something stronger than a night lamp and place the mixture beside the light source. The fleas are pulled into the light. After a couple of days, you ought to start to notice that your bowl has turned into a flea cemetery.
16. Get Rid of Fleas From Home with Dehumidifier
Get one or two dehumidifier(s) contingent depending on the room size. Approx 10L/day dehumidifier is required for a 4x4m room (it removes 10l of water circulating everywhere for every day). Clearly, fleas oblige half or higher relative humidity to live. Keep the humidity in your room under half for 2 days will kill adult fleas and larva, and prevent hatching of flea eggs. Remove flea eggs and their jerky by vacuum the room.
You can read how to eliminate a flea infestation in your home? on our website for help in detail.
(B) Get Rid of Fleas on Dogs, Cats, and Other Pets
17. Flea Shampoo to Get Rid of Fleas on Dogs, Cats & Other Pets
Choose a flea shampoo carefully. Anything with expected insecticides (pyrethrins, permethrin, d-limonene, chlorpyrifos, or carbaryl) may disturb or harm your pet and the people around it.
- Instead, try natural insecticides or flea irritants. They shouldn’t harm your pet, however, will be forceful dreadful for fleas. Make a point to check with your vet first and foremost, however. Here’s an arrangement of insecticides or irritants you could consider:
- Rosemary oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Citrus oil
- Cedar oil (toxic to cats)
- Tea tree oil (toxic to cats)
18. Wash The Neck First Get Rid of Fleas on Dogs, Cats & Other Pets
Wash the neck first. Along these lines, fleas don’t jump up to the head throughout the bath.
- When fleas sense water, they instantly seek cover in dry, hard-to-reach places on your pet. So it is a good thought to in any event wet, if not clean, the rectum, ears, eye pit, and neck before getting the entire body wet.
- For additional security, keep washing up your pet for up to 15 minutes. 5 minutes is the base time needed to start killing off the fleas, yet 15 minutes is the safe bet.
- Take some lukewarm/ warm water and rinse your pet for a few minutes, making sure to cleanse the soap from its skin and soak the staying potential hiding places for fleas.
19. Get Rid of Fleas on Dogs, Cats & Other Pets by Using Flea-killing Product
Apply a flea-killing product. This could be a flea-collar, a spot-on, or oral medication. Solution quality (from a vet) spot-on treatments generally work best.
- If the collar contains just insect growth regulator (which prevents the larvae from turning into adults, yet does not affect the current adults), use an alternate treatment, for example, a spot-on product, to control adult fleas. Collars might be aggravating to the pet’s skin and are sometimes ineffective.
- The following products are not considered to be effective: Vitamin B1 (thiamine hydrochloride) supplements, herbal collars and ultrasonic gadgets.
20. Get Rid of Fleas on Dogs, Cats & Other Pets with Comb
Use a fine-toothed comb, particularly designed to remove fleas. Utilizing a comb with teeth that are close enough together that the flea can’t sneak past is the best way to oust them. A comb designed for an alternate reason or a brush won’t remove all the fleas.
(C) Get Rid of Fleas Naturally (Natural Remedies to Remove Fleas)
21. Dish Soap to Get Rid of Fleas In Your House Naturally
Try dish soap. Cover the dog well with a strong result of soapy water. Give it a chance to soak in for five to ten minutes (or all the more), then comb to remove the dead fleas. Rinse the dog with lukewarm water and let it dry. Dish soap additionally leaves your dog delicate, sparkly and smelling great.
- Make sure you rinse your dog off thoroughly to prevent dry skin.
- Be mindful that a few dogs may be sensitive to strong detergents, so in the event that you see a response, rinse thoroughly with cool water and try the child shampoo after the skin has returned to ordinary.
22. Yeast to Get Rid of Fleas In Your House Naturally
Use yeast as a weapon. Fleas allegedly dislike the taste of yeast. Despite the fact that this has not been demonstrated, numerous people swear by it. Purchase some brewer’s or dietary yeast and rub it onto your pet’s skin. You can additionally sprinkle a small sum onto their wet food and mix it in.
23. Herbal Flea Dip to Get Rid of Fleas In Your House Naturally
Make your own herbal dip to get rid of fleas from pets. Take a bowl filled with two pints of water and add two cups of fresh rosemary leaves in it. Boil for thirty minutes. Strain the fluid, discard the leaves and mix it with up to a gallon of warm water. Spill this over your pet until they are immersed. Don’t rinse off, however, allow your pet to air dry.
24. Salt to Get Rid of Fleas In Your House Fast
Spread salt over the surface of your carpet to get rid of fleas. Salt helps to sap the moisture from things and dries them out. At the point when a salt attaches itself to a flea, it will causes scraping and scratching on the flea, essentially draining the flea to death as it strolls.
- Use fine-grained salt only for this. You need finer and small enough to attach itself to the flea.
- After 7-10 days, vacuum the salted area thoroughly, making sure to get all the salt and flea carcasses from the carpet area. Rehash the procedure one or two more times.
- When you’re done vacuum, discard the old vacuum bag from the vacuum and replace it with another one. Seal the discarded vacuum bag in a plastic bag and throw it outside.
25. Citrus Spray to Get Rid of Fleas In Your House Fast
Make a citrus spray. Cut a lemon daintily, add to a pint of water and heat to a boiling point. You have to use the spray in the morning and prepare the spray previous night so that it can set. Take a spray bottle and transfer the solution into the bottle. Spray the solution to the suspect fleas hang out areas (be careful with staining). Make certain to likewise rub it over your cat’s fur. Don’t soak, however hose the fur. Do this once a month to combat fleas.
- Another way to make a citrus spray is to purchase essential oils (available at natural food stores); you can purchase a bottle of lemon oil and add 10-20 drops for every ounce of water.
- This is something to do on a hot day just: Add 2 to 3 drops of the lemon mixture under your pet’s collar to help keep fleas off.
26. Get Rid of Fleas Naturally with Follow-up
This is the most basic step in light of the fact that on the off chance that you hold back on it. Otherwise, it will undo all your exertions you did in the past. If accidental any eggs that survived, that will hatch and the entire cycle of fleas birth will start once more. Do the following until you discover no hints of fleas on your pets or in your home:
- Every day you need to vacuum thoroughly. Vacuum regularly is essential to bring them under control.
- Mow the garden regularly.
- Wash pet bedding in hot, soapy water in any event once a week.
(D) How to Get Rid of Fleas from Your Car
27. Cleaning to Get Rid of Fleas From Car
Clean out your car. While you are working on cleaning up your home, keep in mind your car. Regardless of the possibility that your pet never been in the car, there are chances that fleas may come by taking a ride on your jeans or shoes. Wash covers and throw covers. Make a point to wash them in hot water and dry them utilizing high heat.
28. Flea Spray to Get Rid of Fleas From Car
Use a flea spray to spray the inner part of the car. You need to pay close attention to edges, cracks between the seats, under the seats, floor mats and any edges. Hold up thirty prior minutes wiping away the spray.
29. Vacuum to Get Rid of Fleas From Car
Vacuum thoroughly. Once more, pay close attention to edges, cracks between the seats, under the seats, floor mats and any edges. Make certain to exhaust your vacuum a while later, since eggs you vacuum up can hatch at a later time.
30. Leave-in Product to Get Rid of Fleas From Car
Spray or dust with a leave-in product. Choose a product that could be left on the carpet. Cedar Oil, Eucalyptus spray and lemon spray work well as flea repellents and will leave your car smelling fresh.
Other Useful Tips to to Get Rid of Fleas:
- Vacuum your house thoroughly. Once you are done, with the vacuum, empty the contents outside, from where the fleas can never crawl back into someone’s house.
- Hot Dryer: There are many items, which can’t be cleaned or washed. So toss them in the dryer on high heat. The high heat will prevent it from multiplying itself.
- Citronella Essential Oil: This oil has a very strong odor which can repel the fleas. Take a few drops of this oil and rub it on your dog’s collar. In case you feel the smell is too high, dilute the oil with some water. This will keep the insects off and provide relief to your pet.
- Juice: In case you are unable to find the Citronella Essential Oil, then you can opt for lemon or orange juice. Fleas don’t like the citrus flavor and loves to stay away from them. Rub some juice on the collar of your dog to provide relief from flea attacks.
- Bath Your Dog: Bath your dogs at regular intervals to make sure it remains clean. Use a neem or any other type of herbal cleaning shampoo to prevent any flea attack.
- Apply Vitamin B Oil: Apply sufficient amount of vitamin D oil on your dog’s skin, especially around the area, where the fleas might have caused the maximum damage. It will help to soothe the irritation and provide relief.
- Use a Dehumidifier: Fleas can’t survive in dry conditions; they require damp and warm bodies thrive. Placing a humidifier in your room, will reduce the humidity by 50%, which will make it difficult for the fleas to survive.
- Keep Your Outdoors Clean: Clear your outdoors and ensure no logs or dead plants are pilled in your backyard. Since dogs like to play in the outdoors, they usually contact these types of problems from the meadows. Trim your grass and spray garden insecticides to ensure your pet is free to play, without the fear of flea attack.