In this article, we will discuss how to remove super glue. Super glue is one of the stuff that almost every person have in their home. It can be used for multiple purposes in and around your home. This handy product is generally used by the people when there is a break or a hole in some objects. People know the problem can be fixed easily with the help of super glue, as it is so strong and effective. However, sometimes such benefits of super glue cause trouble for many people. Sometimes people accidentally got this glue on their skin or glue an item to something else. When this happens, it can be quite irritating and painful, especially in case of your skin. Therefore, it is better to know how to how to remove super glue. Below are some of the ways to get rid of super glue safely and fast.
Ways to Remove Super Glue:
1.) Use Acetone to Remove Super Glue from Skin
One of the best methods to remove super glue from skin is using a nail polish remover which is acetone based. This is a method which works effectively. However, it may not be suited for the people who have the sensitive skin. Here is the method.
- Firstly wash and dry your hands.
- Now, simply apply a sufficient amount of the acetone to the skin which has been affected by the super glue.
- After that, let the skin get air dry.
- The acetone will help loosen the glue, then try to peel the glue off your skin.
- To get the super glue off, you can use a nail file.
- Remove it carefully that you don’t peel the skin with it.
- If the super glue is still on your skin, once the acetone dries completely, the glue will turn white and start to fall on its own in time.
2.) Use Butter to Get Rid of Super Glue from Skin at Home
For most of the people, butter or margarine (cooking oil) is a great solution in how to remove super glue. It helps remove glue with minimum discomfort. Here is the method.
- Take some butter or cooking oil and rub it on the affected area.
- It will help in loosening the glue.
- Repeat it several times until you can easily peel off the dried glue.
3.) Laundry Detergent to Get Rid of Super Glue
Another effective method to get rid of super glue is using laundry detergent. In most of the instances, the laundry detergent helps remove the glue on the person without causing much damage to the skin.
- Take some laundry detergent and mix it with sufficient hot water.
- Now, soak and rub the affected area of the skin that has the super glue.
- Repeat this method several times to remove super glue.
4.) Use Salt to Remove Super Glue
One other ingredient which is quite effective in removing super glue is salt. Salt acts as a fine scrubbing solution to remove the dried glue off your skin. Use the salt by following method.
- Sprinkle a little salt onto the affected area.
- After that, add some hot water in order to make this into a paste.
- Then, rub the problem area with your fingertips.
- Keep on doing this by adding more water.
- After some time you may notice the glue has started loosening.
- It will be removed after it becomes loose.
5.) Petroleum Jelly to Remove Super Glue from Skin
Petroleum jelly is another effective home remedy to get rid of super glue naturally and safely. Here is the method.
- First, wash your hands in warm soapy water.
- Then, apply petroleum jelly onto the affected part of the skin.
- After application, using a nail file, start rubbing the skin.
- Add more petroleum jelly if required.
- This will help in loosening the glue and it will fall down easily.
6.) Try WD40 to Remove Super Glue
WD40 is another fine ingredient which is helpful in getting rid of super glue. WD40 is very helpful in loosening the dried super glue. To remove super glue, follow the below mentioned steps.
- Simply mix an equal amount of WD40 and acetone.
- After mixing, spray the mixture on the affected area of your skin.
- You can also mix petroleum jelly into the mixture and make it stay on the affected skin.
- This remedy will help loosen the glue fast.
How to Remove Super Glue from Eyes?
If super glue comes into contact with your eyes, the first thing you need to do is – do not panic! And, make sure to get the super glue as quickly as you can. Below are some methods to help you with this.
- Take a soft cloth and soak it in warm water.
- Apply the cloth on your eyelid, where the glue is affecting. Gently clean with this.
- After that, apply a patch to your eye, as it may take several days for the glue to wear off.
- If the glue is in your eye, let your tears flow freely to help get rid of this.
- You can rinse it out of your eye with warm water if required.
- As the eyes are the delicate part of our body and getting super glue in it can be very serious. It can cause lasting damage. So, consulting a doctor is recommended.
How to Get Rid of Super Glue from Lips?
When you get super glue on your lips, you need to work fast in order to make sure that your lips are not glued together. Getting rid of super glue from the lips is a very delicate process. So, follow the below listed steps carefully.
- Immerse your lips into a bowl of warm water as soon as possible.
- Let the saliva build up in your mouth. Push the saliva against your lips.
- Once the glue is wet for a few seconds, carefully start peeling it off of your lips.
How to Remove Super Glue from Glass?
If you are looking to remove super glue from glass, it can be done easily as super glue does not stick very well to a glass object. All you need to do is just start peeling it away with the hands or a sharp object. Other than that, you can soak the glass in warm water to loosen it a little.
How to Get Rid of Super Glue from Other Surfaces?
Acetone is an excellent substance to remove super glue from most of the surfaces. However, it can make the surface discolored or clouded. The best way is to try peeling it away on your own first. After that, you can use acetone. But remember, acetone can damage the surface. If not worried about damage, then you can also scrub the glue with some sand paper. If you use it, do it in small, circular motions to remove the super glue.