If you are worrying about your stretch marks, then this article will help you about how to remove stretch marks. Stretch marks make you feel uncomfortable and self-conscious about your look. Stretch marks are colorless strips which are formed on the skin as a result of stretching of the skin or weight changes. Human body consists three main layers of the skin such as Epidermis (outer layer), Hypodermic (the deepest and third layer) and Dermis (the middle layer). When the connective tissue stretches due to the contraction and expansion of skin, then the stretch marks start developing on the middle layer of the skin or dermis. Due to this problem, the fine scars formed on the top layer of the skin or epidermis. Initially, they are pink or red in color, but after some days they turned into thin silver line.
Stretch marks are visible streaks or lines on the surface of the skin. Stretch marks are found in the abdominal wall, but can occur over the breasts, thighs, buttocks and upper arms. Sometimes stretch marks may cover large areas of the body. Pregnancy is the main cause of stretch marks and other reasons are rapid growth, stress, sudden gain or loss in weight, heredity factors and changes in physical conditions. But there are some tips that you can try to reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
Symptoms of Stretch Marks:
- Affected areas become soft.
- Stretch marks appear as a scar.
- Development of pink, red or purple lines on the skin.
- The skin becomes thin and flattened.
- Stretch marks appear in patches of parallel lines.
Causes of Stretch Marks:
- Stretching of the skin during the pregnancy
- Weight gain or loss
- Genetic disorders
- Hormonal changes during puberty
- Use of certain medications such as pills, lotions and creams.
Best Remedies to Remove Stretch Marks:
Here is the best list of some treatments to reduce stretch marks.
1.) Stretch Marks Removal Products
There are many stretch mark removal creams which are available in the market. StriVectin-SD cream is one of the best creams for removing stretch marks. This product helps to improve the appearance of wrinkles and stretch marks. There are also some other creams such as Mederma stretch marks therapy cream, Palmer’s Cocoa Butter, Dream Belly stretch mark cream and more. Apply these creams on your stretch marks. These creams help in reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
2.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast and Naturally
Castor oil helps in the treatment for various skin problems such as age spots, wrinkles, dark spots, pimples, moles and fine lines, including stretch marks.
Steps to Use Castor Oil to Remove Stretch Marks Fast:
- Take some castor oil and apply it to the stretch marks.
- Massage your area in circular motions for 10 minutes.
- Wrap the area with a cotton cloth.
- Use a heating pad or hot water bottle to apply some heat to the affected area for half an hour.
- Repeat this process for a month to notice positive results.
3.) Potato Juice to Treat Stretch Marks Fast and Naturally
Potato juice contains minerals and vitamins that help to restore skin cells and reduce stretch marks.
Steps to Use Potato Juice to Reduce Stretch Marks:
- Take a potato and cut it into thick pieces.
- Take one thick potato slice and rub it on the stretch marks for some time.
- Let the potato juice dry and then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Make sure the starch of the potato covers the affected area.
4.) Aloe Vera to Remove Stretch Marks Naturally and Fast
Aloe vera is one of the effective and natural treatment for many skin problems. Its soothing and healing properties help to get rid of stretch marks fast. There are a couple of ways to use it.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Prevent Stretch Marks Naturally:
- Directly rub the aloe vera gel on the stretch marks and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Then wash the affected skin with lukewarm water.
- Another way is to prepare a mixture with ¼ cup of aloe vera gel, oil from 5 vitamin A capsules and from 10 vitamin E capsules.
- Rub this mixture on the stretch marks until it fully absorbed. Repeat this process daily for some days.
5.) Sugar to Reduce Stretch Marks Fast
Natural white sugar is one of the best natural remedies to treat stretch marks. It can also be used to exfoliate the skin.
Steps to Use Sugar to Remove Stretch Marks Naturally:
- Take 1 tbsp of raw sugar and mix it with a few drops of lemon juice and almond oil. Mix all these ingredients very well and apply this sugar mixture on the stretch marks.
- Before taking a bath, gently rub this solution on the stretch marks for a few minutes daily.
- Do this method for a month to lighter your stretch marks.
6.) Egg Whites to Lighter the Stretch Marks Fast
Eggs are a great source of protein. Use only egg whites for stretch marks that contains proteins and amino acids.
Steps to Use Egg Whites to Treat Stretch Marks:
- Take 2 eggs and whip the whites with a fork.
- Wash the affected skin with water and then apply a thick layer of egg whites on the stretch marks.
- Let the egg whites dry completely and then wash the area with cold water.
- Finally, to keep the area moisturized and apply some olive oil on the stretch marks.
- Repeat the method daily for 2 weeks and see the positive results.
7.) Lemon Juice to Remove Stretch Marks Fast and Naturally
Lemon juice is one of the simple and effective home remedy for stretch marks. The acidic nature of lemon helps to heal and reduce the stretch marks, scars and acne.
Steps to Use Lemon Juice to Reduce Stretch Marks:
- Rub some lemon juice on the stretch marks in circular motions.
- Let the lemon juice soak into your skin for ten minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Another way is to mix equal amount of lemon juice and cucumber juice and then apply it on the stretch marks.
- Repeat this method for a month to remove the stretch marks completely.
8.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast
Cocoa butter is very essential and beneficial for treating stretch marks. The natural moisturizer in cocoa butter helps to nourish your skin and reduce the stretch marks faster.
Steps to use Cocoa Butter to Treat Stretch Marks:
- Apply some cocoa butter on the stretch marks 2 times a day for a few months.
- Another way is to prepare a mixture by using a half cup of cocoa butter, 2 tsp of grated beeswax, 1 tbsp of wheat germ oil, 1 tsp of apricot kernel and vitamin E oil. Heat this mixture and then store this mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Apply this mixture on the stretch marks 2 to 3 times a day. This mixture makes your skin smooth and hydrated.
9.) Alfalfa to Remove Stretch Marks Naturally and Fast
The eight amino acids in alfalfa leaves are good for the overall health of the skin. Alfalfa leaves are high in vitamins E, K and proteins that help to nourish your skin.
Steps to Use Alfalfa Leaves to Treat Stretch Marks Fast:
- Take some alfalfa powder with some drops of chamomile oil to make a smooth paste.
- Use this paste to massage the affected area 2 to 3 times a day.
- Repeat this method for a few weeks and you will see the great improvement.
10.) Water to Remove Stretch Marks Fast
Water is essential for your overall body. Water keeps your body hydrated and protect the skin from many skin problems and promotes detoxification. It also keeps your skin healthy and restore elasticity. Try to drink 1 to 2 glasses of water many times a day. Drinking about 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is the best way to keep your body hydrated. It keeps your skin soft and maintain elasticity. Try to avoid tea, coffee and soda.
Other Useful Tips to Get Rid of Stretch Marks:
- You can try laser treatments or surgical treatments to reduce the stretch marks.
- Use a moisturizer on the stretch marks.
- Oats are natural scrub for stretch marks.
- Do not scratch the affected skin.
- Pregnant women should not use lotions or creams that contain chemicals.
- Take a warm shower for itchy stretch marks.
- Use Vaseline for treating stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are temporary and fade with time.
- Folic acid is also effective for removing stretch marks.
- Consume foods that are rich in zinc, vitamin C and protein.
- Do yoga and other exercises that will help you to remove stretch marks on legs.