In this article, we are discussing several home remedies to remove stretch marks naturally. You must have noticed that leather bag you carry under the sun. It also gets stretched and wrinkled due to loss of its elasticity. You reject it and buy a new one. Similarly goes to your skin, but their you cannot change your skin. Your skin is made up of elastin, which is a soft elastic tissue. It is soft, stretchable and supple, it also has its own parameters.
Everyone wants to maintain their glowing skin always, but skin loses its radiant, youthful naturally with the age. Stretch marks are thin lines or streaks on the skin with an discolor hue., Rapid weight gain, rapid growth or weight loss few reasons of stretch marks on the skin and other causes of stretch marks include, pregnancy, puberty hormone replacement therapy and bodybuilding. It is not a serious problem. First, it looks as reddish lines and the lines are usually thin and long. The stretched areas are soft to the touch and the lines can appear at any pars of the body. Generally it appears in places where greater amounts of fat are stored like breasts, abdomen, upper arms, back, underarms, thighs, buttocks and hips.
Causes of Stretch Marks:
- Muscle building
- Genetic disorder.
- Use of certain medications
- Hormonal changes during puberty.
- Excess of weight gain, especially on thighs, arms.
- Physical stretching of the skin during pregnancy.
Symptoms for Stretch Marks:
- Before the development of stretch marks, skin becomes flattened, pink, and thin.
- Red, purple, or pink lines on the skin.
- The affected area becomes supple and soft in touch.
- Silver or white colored stretch marks with the passage of time.
- Sometimes appear as a scar.
Best Remedies to Remove Stretch Marks Naturally:
1. Apricot Mask to Treat Stretch Marks
This is one of the best remedies to remove stretch marks at home fast and naturally. Most of the people use apricot scrub for fast removal of stretch marks. You have to apply this mask regularly on your stretch marks for at least one month or more for best results.
- 2-3 Apricots
- Lukewarm water
- Take one apricot and separate it from their seeds.
- Grind it to make a fine paste
- Apply this paste directly on your stretch marks.
- Keep it for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this procedure twice in a month.
2. Aloe Vera to Treat Stretch Marks
There are several benefits of aloe vera. It is a great home remedy to remove stretch marks naturally. Aloe Vera consists of collagen, which helps repair skin fast and naturally. Use fresh aloe vera gel taken from the leaves rather using those store bought gel. Do this process daily, twice for a month for best results.
- Aloe vera leaf
- Extract some gel from the aloe vera plant.
- Apply the gel directly on the affected area.
- Now leave it for 1-2 hours.
- Wash off with normal water.
3. Oils to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Natural oils are superb moisturizers and they have these abilities to cure all skin and hair problems as well as scalp issues. You just need to recognize the right type of oil for different problems. You should gently massage on the affected area with oil for about half an hour daily. Here is the list of oils you can use to get rid of stretch marks easily at home. You can use Olive oil, Lavender oil, Rose oil, Frankincense oil, Myrrh oil, Geranium oil, Helichrysum oil, Chamomile oil. All these oils are effective in treating stretch marks.
You Need: (You can use any oil mentioned above)
- Chamomile oil- ½ tsp
- Lavender oil- ½ tsp
- Almond oil- 2 tsp
- Mix all the oils well together.
- Apply this oil mix directly on the affected area daily.
- Do this process 3-4 times a day.
4. Potato Juice to Prevent Stretch Marks
This is the economical and one of the fastest home remedies for stretch marks. Potato is a powerful ingredient due to its essential fatty acids and a diversity of phytochemicals, like polyphenols and carotenoids. It is also loaded with minerals and vitamins including Vitamin-C, potassium, B-complex, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and zinc. Because a potato is skilled with stimulating elastin synthesis and collagen, it can efficiently restore skin cells fading out your stretch marks.
- 1 Potato
- Lukewarm water
- Take a potato and cut it into slices using a knife.
- Now, gently rub that slice over the stretched area.
- Keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it using lukewarm water.
5. Lemon Juice for the Removal of Stretch Marks
Lemons have been known for its natural bleaching properties. The vitamin C and alpha hydroxy acids in lemons can capably remove the dead skin and make your stretch marks fade away fast.
- 1 Lemon
- Warm water
- Take a lemon and cut it into 2 halves.
- Now, directly rub the lemon gently on the affected area.
- Do this process for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
6. Cocoa- Shea Butter to Deal with Stretch Marks
If you are tired of all the stretch removal creams accessible in the market, don’t worry, you can make your own cream at home. You need a very common ingredient in this homemade cream that is cocoa butter, Shea butter and vitamin E oil. All these ingredients are known to be the most skin friendly elements to use. The natural calming and antioxidant properties of cocoa butter offer you its outstanding moisturizing properties. It penetrates fast and deep into the skin fixing it and removing stretch marks fats and naturally. The fatty acids of Shea butter help repair skin and absorbs fast into the skin. Whereas Vitamin E is a great antioxidant which will naturally heal the scars and other marks on the skin.
- 2 tsp each of Cocoa butter, Shea butter & Vitamin E oil
- Liquefy the cocoa butter and Shea butter.
- Now, add vitamin E oil to the butter.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Keep the mixture in a container.
- The mixture will get into a dense state once it cools down.
- Apply this cream on your affected area. Once you will apply this cream it automatically melts come in contact with your skin. Apply this mix at least twice a day after bath. This is one of the great treatment for stretch marks removal at home.
7. Egg Whites to Remove Stretch Marks
Egg white consists of 40 different proteins. So now, you know the importance of egg and its benefits. Egg whites are a great source of vitamin A and collagen. It can help you remove any type of scars or burns to efficiently. So try this remedy and apply egg white on the affected area. It is as simple as this-
- Take an egg separating the yolk from the egg white.
- Beat the egg white using a spoon.
- Now, apply it directly on your stretch marks.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes
- Wash it off using warm water.
8. Alfalfa to Remove Stretch Marks
Alfalfa is rich in amino acids, vitamin K and vitamins E. It is used to remove any sort of marks or scars on the skin. It also acts as a great toner for your skin. So give it a try.
- 1 Alfalfa Powder
- Chamomile oil
- Take 1 tablespoon of alfalfa powder and mix a few drops of chamomile oil.
- Mix well and apply the paste on the affected area
- Keep it for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
- Do this 2-3 times a day to get rid of stretch marks fast.
9. Drink Water to Remove Stretch Marks
No remedy will work efficiently if your skin is de-hydrated and full of roughness. Drink lots of water, which means 7-8 glasses of water a day. Not only hydrated skin cleanses your body, but also repairs the lost elasticity of the skin. So drinking enough water is essential to keep our body away from other infections as well.
10. Eat Well to Remove Stretch Marks
Hydration is important, but on the other hand, you also require some nutrition to stay fit and healthy. Lack of nutrients in the body can never provide you any advantages of creams, oils, lotions, masks or any other remedy that you apply outside of your skin. Having good amount of proteins daily is very important. Fish, Beans, egg whites, nuts, yogurt and seeds like those of squash, pumpkin and watermelon seeds, almonds, peanuts are a great source of vitamins and proteins etc. for the growth of skin tissues. Eat Vitamin C rich foods like Peppers, dark leafy greens, guavas, broccoli, papaya, gooseberries, strawberries, oranges. Spinach, kale, nuts, olive oil, papaya, wheat, kiwi all are rich in Vitamin E. Avoid saturated fats as they make you overweight and can cause stretching of the skin with those ugly looking stretch marks.