If you are having dry skin, then you should buy coconut oil. Coconut oil is popular for its nourishing and moisturizing properties. It is well-known for treating acne or pimples. Coconut oil has powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities. Most of the people use coconut oil on a regular basis. But the organic coconut oil is good for acne. If you follow the correct instructions, then it will work great. Here in this article, you will get to know about the ways to use coconut oil for acne.
Acne has been a widespread problem for many years and it is the most common problem among teenagers that can affect adults of all ages. Once puberty is passed the symptoms of acne disappear or decrease and hormones become neutralized. Acne can be painful and awkward condition and it can leave permanent marks on the body and face. Acne is caused by several reasons such as sebum production, hormonal changes, oily food, dirt, genetics and many more. Some people spend lots of money, time and energy for acne treatment. But there is no need to spend these things, you can use coconut oil for acne treatment.
Properties of Coconut Oil:
- Coconut oil for acne has clarified and regenerating properties.
- The skin easily absorbs oil without clogging ducts.
- Due to its protective quality, it is very effective. When you apply some oil on your skin, it forms a tiny film, which protects your skin from harmful effects of the environment.
- Coconut oil helps against acne scars, black dots, and stains. Oil encourages acne to quick healing. These properties of coconut oil help to treat black dots.
- Oil helps to kill the bacteria and germs neutralizes the inflammation and help to treat acne.
- Moisturizing and nourishing are the most important qualities of coconut oil.
Methods to Use Coconut Oil for Acne:
1.) Coconut Oil for Acne Treatment
Applying directly on the acne is one of the easiest ways to treat acne and it is very effective.
Steps to Use Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Acne Naturally:
- Heat some coconut oil and gently rub it on your skin in circular motion.
- Apply it in the morning and night for a few weeks.
- An alternate method, you can also mix a few drops of favorite essential oil in coconut oil. You can use tea tree oil, lavender oil and neroli essential oil for acne.
2.) Face Mask with Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Acne Fast
You can make a very effective, soothing, natural and home-made facial mask to treat acne. The facial mask helps to moisturize and treat your acne skin and gives a beautiful glowing appearance.
Steps to Use Face Mask with Coconut Oil to Treat Acne:
- Mix 2 tbsp of virgin coconut oil, 2 tsp of honey and 4 to 5 tsp of aloe sap.
- Apply this homemade mask to your face and allow it to sit for about 20 minutes.
- Wash the mask with clean warm water.
- Apply it 2 to 3 times a week.
3.) Coconut Oil with Baking Soda to Cure Acne Overnight
Using coconut oil with baking soda is the best combination for treating acne. Baking soda is very cheap and it has many uses for cleaning and cooking.
Steps to Use Coconut Oil with Baking Soda to Prevent Acne:
- If you have sensitive skin, then you should use 1:1 ratio of baking soda and coconut oil. But if you have more sensitive skin, then you should use 2:1 ratio of coconut oil to baking soda.
- Mix both the ingredients very well and then apply it to your face and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Rinse it off with clean warm water.
4.) Fuller’s Earth with Coconut Oil for Acne Treatment
Fuller’s earth is good for acne-prone and greasy skin as it absorbs excess oil and unclog the pores. Using fuller’s earth with coconut oil is the best combination for treating acne.
Steps to Use Fuller’s Earth with Coconut oil to Prevent Acne:
- Mix enough coconut oil and rose-water to fuller’s earth.
- Apply this mud face pack to your face.
- Once it dries, then wash your face with water.
- Repeat this mud face pack once a week.
5.) Lemon Juice with Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Acne Fast
Lemon contains an acidic property which is very useful in treating acne. Lemon will remove out dirt which has built up in the pores and will harden the sebum. Lemon juice and coconut oil are very effective in treating acne.
Steps to Use Lemon Juice with Coconut Oil for Acne:
- Extract the juice from a lemon and then add it to the coconut oil.
- Apply it on your face and leave it for a few hours before washing your face with water.
- You can also rub a slice of lemon on the face and keep it for a few hours.
6.) Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Oil for Acne Treatment
Tea tree oil is very popular and effective for acne treatment. It works like an antiseptic and open the pores. Coconut oil and tea tree oil both helps to kill the bacteria that causing acne.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil and Coconut Oil to Treat Acne:
- Mix 1 drop of tea tree oil in coconut oil.
- Then apply it directly to the affected skin 3 times a day.
- If the combination of tea tree oil and coconut oil causing redness, irritation, then you should use diluted tea tree oil and coconut oil.
(B) Other Remedies for Acne Treatment:
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Acne at Home
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies for curing acne. The malic and lactic acids in apple cider vinegar help to reduce red marks, exfoliate and treat acne.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Acne:
- Mix equal amount of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Then apply this mixture to your face with a cotton ball.
- Repeat this method once a day until the acne is removed.
2.) Aloe Vera to Treat Acne Naturally
Aloe vera is very beneficial for acne as it helps to fight infection, promote healing and reduce scarring.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Acne Fast:
- Scrape the gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply this gel to your acne.
- Leave it for an hour and then wash it off with water.
3.) Get Rid of Acne with Aspirin
The salicylic acid in aspirin helps in treating acne. Aspirin helps to dry out pimples and reduce inflammation.
Steps to Use Aspirin to Treat Acne Fast:
- Make a paste by mashing aspirin and add a little water to it.
- Apply this paste to your acne and leave it for an hour.
- Then wash your face with water.
4.) Mint to Cure Acne Fast and Naturally
Mint is one of the best natural remedies for treating acne. Mint can help to clear acne.
Steps to Use Mint to Get Rid of Acne Fast:
- Chop some fresh mint leaves and then add 2 tbsp of plain yogurt and oatmeal.
- Apply this homemade mask on your face and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Then wash it off with water.