Cracked heels are a very common problem range from severity to a cosmetic issue to a painful problem. the problem of cracked heels may be accompanied by the symptoms like redness, inflammation, itching and peeling skin. Taking proper precautions can prevent cracks from getting deeper and cause bleeding and pain. Some of the causes of cracked heels are a lack if moisture, dry air, improper foot care, an unhealthy diet, prolonged standing on hard floors, aging and wearing the wrong types of shoes. Conditions like psoriasis, eczema, corn and calluses, thyroid and diabetes may also contribute to the problem. you can use these home remedies for cracked heels.
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels:
- Home Remedies for Cracked Heels:
- 1.) Vegetable oil Cure Cracked Heels
- 2.) Indian Lilac to Treat Cracked Heels
- 3.) Rice flour to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 4.) Paraffin wax to Cure Cracked Heels
- 5.) Rosewater and Glycerin to Treat Cracked Heels Naturally
- 6.) Lemon to Cure Cracked Heels
- 7.) Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
- 8.) Bananas to Treat Cracked Heels
- 9.) Honey to Cure Cracked Heels
- 10.) Petroleum Jelly to Treat Cracked Heels
- 11.) Oatmeal to Cure Craked Heels
- 12.) Sesame Oil Treat Cracked Heels
1.) Vegetable oil Cure Cracked Heels
Vegetable oil can be used to treat and prevent heels. It is one of the best home remedies for cracked heels. Sesame oil, olive oil, coconut oil or any other hydrogenated will work well. If quick and best result uses this remedy before going to bed to allow ample time for the oil to fully penetrate your skin.
- Make a soapy solution and soak your feet in this solution, then scrub your feet with a pumice stone.
- Wash your feet and let them dry thoroughly.
- Apply any vegetable oil you have liberally on your heels and soles
- Then put a pair of socks and leave them on overnight while you sleep. In the morning your heels will be noticeably softer.
- Use this method for a few days until the cracks in your heels are gone completely.
2.) Indian Lilac to Treat Cracked Heels
Indian lilac also known as neem or margosa leaves, it is an effective remedies for cracked heels, especially when they become infected and itchy. Neem soothes dry, irritated skin and combat infection, because of its antifungal properties.
- Crush a few Indian lilac leaves to make a paste and mix three teaspoons of turmeric powder with it.
- Apply this paste on you cracked heels and leave it on for a half an hour.
- Wash your feet with warm water and pat dry with clean cloth.
3.) Rice flour to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
Exfoliating your skin of feet and heels will help to remove dead skin and prevent cracking and dryness. It is one of the best home remedies for cracked heels. It can be used as a homemade exfoliating scrub.
- To make the scrub, mix few teaspoons of honey and apple cider vinegar with a handful of ground rice. Stir it well until it becomes a thick paste. if the cracking in your heels is extremely bad, so add a tablespoon of sweet almond oil or olive oil.
- Soak your feet in warm water for about 10 minutes and then gently scrub them with the rice flour paste.
- Repeat the process few times a week until you feel satisfied with the result.
4.) Paraffin wax to Cure Cracked Heels
If the have really bad condition on your heels and causing a lot of pain, so a paraffin wax treatment can give you quick relief. It works as a natural emollient to soften your skin. It is one of the best home remedies for cracked heels.
- Melt a one block of paraffin wax and mix two tablespoons of coconut or mustard oil in it.
- Allow it to cool until thin layer forms on the top. Now dip your feet into the mixture, wait for about 5 to 10 seconds and dip it again. Repeat this few times a day until you have several layers of wax built up.
- Then cover your feet with a plastic and leave it on for about 30 minutes. then remove the plastic and peel off the wax from your skin.
- Repeat this treatment one or two times a week.
- Keep in mind that do not dip your feet in the paraffin wax mixture when it is hot. Don’t use this remedy if you are diabetic or you have poor circulation.
5.) Rosewater and Glycerin to Treat Cracked Heels Naturally
The combination of rose water and glycerin can make effective home remedies for cracked heels. Glycerin softens the skin that why it is widely used in cosmetic. On the other hand rose water contain vitamin A, B3, C, D anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiseptic properties.
- Just mix an equal amount of rose water and glycerin thoroughly and rub it on your heels and feet daily before going to bed at night.
6.) Lemon to Cure Cracked Heels
The acidic property of lemon can be very effective in softening or rough skin that leads to cracking
- You need to soak your feet for about 10 to 15 minutes in a warm water with lemon juice added to it. don’t use hot water as it can cause your feet to dry out more.
- Then scrub your cracked heels using a pumice stone.
- Wash your feet and pat dry them with a towel
7.) Epsom Salt to Get Rid of Cracked Heels
If you have cracked heels, it’s important to take extra care of to keep your feel moisturized. Epsom salt is one of the best home remedies for cracked heels. You just simply need to soak your feet in an Epsom salt tub. It will help to improve your circulation.
- Fill a foot tub with warm water and mix one-half cup of Epsom salt in it.
- Soak your feet in this solution for about 10 minutes.
- Scrub your feet with the help of pumice stone and again soak your feet for 10 minutes.
- Then pat dry your feet and apply some foot cream or petroleum jelly to lock the moisture.
- To get the best result wear a pair of socks to prevent the added moisture from evaporating.
8.) Bananas to Treat Cracked Heels
Bananas are one of the cheapest home remedies for cracked heel, it has moisturizing properties which can heal to treat cracked heels.
- Mash one ripe banana into a smooth paste. then clean your feet thoroughly and apply the paste of banana on your heels.
- Let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes so that your skin can absorb the natural nourishment. Gently wash your feet with some warm water and then soak your feet in a cold water for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use this remedy for a few weeks to restore soft and smooth heels.
9.) Honey to Cure Cracked Heels
Honey has antibacterial and moisturizing properties, which make an excellent home remedies for cracked heels.
- Fill a foot tub with warm water and stir one cup of honey in it.
- Soak your feet in the water for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Gently scrub your feet.
- Do this daily or several times a week until you see an improvement.
10.) Petroleum Jelly to Treat Cracked Heels
You can also use petroleum jelly on dry and rough skin to prevent cracked heel and leave your feet soft and well moisturized.
- Scrub the hard dead skin of your heels and after that soak them in a warm water.
- Then apply some petroleum jelly over the entire heel area. You can mix one teaspoon of lemon juice in petroleum jelly and then apply.
- Then cover your feet with the socks so that petroleum jelly soaks into the skin.
- To get the best result do this daily before going to bed.
11.) Oatmeal to Cure Craked Heels
Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties that can help to remove dead skin cells and soften the skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of powdered oatmeal with 4 to 5 drops of olive oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste over your feet
- Leave it for about half an hour. Rinse off with cold water and pat dry your skin.
12.) Sesame Oil Treat Cracked Heels
Sesame oil is considered to be very moisturizing and nourishing. It helps to soften and soothe dry and cracked feet very efficiently.
- Apply 4 to 5 drops of sesame oil to your heels and any other cracked parts.
- Massage it well till it is absorbed by the skin
- Do this daily before going to bed.