In this article, we will discuss the different ways to improve your vision naturally. Poor vision or weak eyesight is among the most common eye problem that most of the people suffer nowadays. It is often associated with either farsightedness (Hyperopia) or nearsightedness (Myopia).
Causes of Poor Vision or Weak Eyesight:
- Poor nutrition
- Excessive strain on the eyes.
- Macular degeneration
- Optic neuropathy
Symptoms of Poor Vision or Weak Eyesight:
The most common symptoms of weak eyesight are:
- Frequent headaches
- Blurry vision
- Pain in eyes
- Itchy eyes
- Watery eyes
You can consult your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. Poor vision is often corrected with prescription glasses, lenses or even surgery in some cases. Apart from medical treatment, you can also try some natural home remedies to improve your vision naturally and effectively. Below are some of the ways to treat weak eyesight.
A.) Foods to Improve Your Vision Naturally
- A.) Foods to Improve Your Vision Naturally
- B.) Exercises to Improve Your Vision Naturally
1.) Almonds to Improve Your Vision Naturally
Almonds are an excellent ingredient for improving your vision because of their richness in omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin E and antioxidant content. Almonds are also useful for enhancing memory and concentration.
- Keep 5 to 10 almonds in water overnight.
- Next morning, peel the skin of soaked almonds and grind them.
- Eat this paste with a cup or glass of warm milk.
- Drink this daily for a few months to see positive results.
2.) Ginkgo Biloba to Improve Your Eyesight Naturally
Ginkgo biloba is quite useful as it helps improve circulation and eye blood flow. Along with improving your vision, it also protects you against problems such as macular degeneration and glaucoma. It may also benefit people with retinopathy.
- Just take 120-mg standardized ginkgo biloba capsules every day in 2 or 3 divided doses.
- Remember this herb should not be given to kids.
- Also, people who are suffering from diabetes should ask their doctor before taking this herb.
3.) Wild Asparagus to Improve Your Vision Naturally
Wild asparagus is another excellent home remedy to improve your eyesight naturally. It is widely used in Ayurveda. This medicinal herb is known to promote a long and healthy life of the eyes.
- Take 1 tsp of wild asparagus and mix with one ½ tsp of honey.
- Eat this mixture 2 times daily following a cup of warm cow’s milk.
- Consume this daily for a few months.
4.) Indian Gooseberry to Improve Your Vision Naturally
Indian gooseberry is another one of the most excellent home remedies for weak eyesight. It is loaded with many essential nutrients, especially Vitamin C and other antioxidants. Vitamin C helps promote healthy capillaries. It also helps maintain proper functioning of your retinal cells.
- Take 2 to 4 tsp of Indian gooseberry juice in ½ cup of water.
- Drink this mixture 2 times daily, one in the morning and another in the evening.
- You can also consume the juice with honey.
5.) Bilberry to Improve Your Vision Naturally
Bilberry is another very popular herb for eye health and vision. Bilberry can also help improve night vision as it helps stimulate the regeneration of the visual purple component of your retina. Plus, it helps protect you against glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration. It is also excellent for retinal problems related to high blood pressure or diabetes. This is because it is rich in a chemical known as anthocyanoside. This chemical has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Consume around ½ cup of ripe bilberry fruits regularly.
- You can also have bilberry supplements, but consult your doctor first. Normally, it is advised to have 160 mg of bilberry extract (with 25% anthocyanidin) 2 times a day, a few times a week.
- Remember this herb may interact with other medications and herbs, but consult your doctor before taking it.
B.) Exercises to Improve Your Vision Naturally
Doing a little bit of eye exercises will make your eye muscles more flexible/ It will help energize and promote blood flow to the eyes to maintain optimal vision. Regular eye exercises will help prevent eye strain and also improve your focus as well as concentration. Below are a few exercises to enhance your vision naturally. Do one or more of below mentioned exercises on a regular basis, or at least for a few months, to get positive results.
1.) Pen Focus Eye Exercise to Correct Vision
- Hold a pen at an arm’s length and focus on the tip of it.
- Gradually bring it closer towards your nose and then move it far from your vision till the point where you can no longer keep it in focus.
- Do it about 10 times a day.
2.) Rolling Eyes Exercise to Correct Vision
- For this exercise simply roll your eyeballs in the clockwise direction for several seconds.
- Then roll them counter-clockwise for another few seconds.
- Do this 4 or 5 times.
- Blink your eyes in between each set.
- For this exercise, flutter your eyes by blinking 20 to 30 times rapidly, lightly and repeatedly,
- Do not squeeze your eyes shut.
- Finally, shut your eyes and give them rest.
- Do this 2 times daily.
4.) Far Focus Exercise for Blurry Eyesight Treatment
- Concentrate and focus your vision on a far object for a while.
- The ideal way is to look at the moon and focus on it for 3 to 5 minutes daily. Focusing on such things will help prevent your eyes from straining.
5.) Sunning and Palming Technique for Poor Eyesight Treatment
Sunning and palming are also a beneficial exercise for eyes as these methods help flex and reactivate the eye lens and ciliary muscles. Sunning helps provide the benefit of the sun’s healing properties and palming will encourage relaxation and a sense of well-being.
- Let the sun shine directly on your closed eyelids.
- Breath deeply while doing this.
- Do this once every day for a few minutes, followed by palming.
- Remember do not open eyes whiles seeing directly into the sun.
- Simply rub your palms together to produce heat.
- Then gently keep your palms over your closed eyes.
- Do not apply pressure on the eyes.
- And, remember to cover your eyes completely so that there are no traces of light.
- Do this a couple of times daily.
Additional Tips to Improve Your Vision Naturally:
- Avoid spending unnecessary time on television or computer screen as it contributes to eye strain.
- When you are working on a computer, keep a fair distance from the monitor, about 18 to 24 inches away. Also, make sure that the height of the monitor is at or just below eye level.
- Use an anti-glare screen to avoid glare on your computer.
- Rest your eyes every 20 minutes when working for a long on the computer.
- Avoid reading in low light as it can strain the eye muscles.
- Go for regular eye checkups, especially if you have weak eyesight due to heredity.
- Wear sunglasses when you are out in the sun to protect your eyes.
- Always prefer good quality eye cosmetics and always discard old eye makeup.
- Take proper sleep as sleep deprivation can also cause eye discomfort and blurry vision.