How to use home remedies for anxiety attack and disorders? Anxiety disorder is a type of hormonal misbalance, which actually affects the mental stability of a person. A person suffering from an anxiety disorder is likely to suffer from panic attacks, a tendency to worry constantly about things, nervousness, and inability to sleep. Physical symptoms include a racing heartbeat, palpitations, cold sweat, nausea, dry mouth, dizziness, muscle tension and shortness of breath. Anxiety attacks are a part of our deep rooted psyche, which can’s be treated with medicines alone. Psychological therapy and medicine are both required to cure a person suffering from anxiety on a regular basis.
Causes of Anxiety Attack
- Causes of Anxiety Attack
- Home Remedies for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders:
- 1.) Chamomile Tea for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- 2.) Hops for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- 3.) Valerian for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- 4.) Catnips for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- 5.) Almonds for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- 6) Oranges for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- 7.) Rosemary for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- 8.) Lavender Oil for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- 9.) Epsom Water Bath for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- 10.) Lemon Balm for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- 11.) Omega 3 Fatty Acids for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
Anxiety disorder like any other diseases is not a simple disease and requires a good analysis. The treatment can span from a month to decade. The main factors are, given below.
Environmental Factors – Anxiety is a common reaction among many people, when faced with some kind of external threat or provocation like stress from some kind of natural calamity or stress from too much peer pressure at school. It might also be an outcome of financial pressure or due to stress on the professional front. The stress of a new relationship or a sudden death of a loved one can also be a reason for anxiety attacks.
Medical Factors – Anxiety disorders are caused by substance abuse or due to some kind of severe medical illness. In some cases, it can also be caused as a side effect of certain medication, which tends to have a serious effect on the nerves.
Drugs- If a person is a drug addict, then he or she is likely to suffer from anxiety if the supply of the particular drug is restricted. Similarly, a person trying to move get rid of drugs, can also suffer from anxiety disorder. The withdrawal symptoms are very dangerous among all addicts.
Weight Loss Supplements- In a bid to look beautiful, many young women resort to weight loss pills. These pills have a high amount of caffeine, which helps to suppress the appetite. Appetite repressing pills are very well known for causing insomnia and increasing the heart rate, thereby causing anxiety.
Thyroid Gland- Thyroid gland produces a specific kind of hormones, which is essential for regulating the metabolism of the body. If the glands start secreting an excessive amount of hormones, then it might result in increases heart rate, sweating of the palms, weakness and sleeplessness, which are signs of anxiety attacks.
Genetics- Anxiety is sometimes wired into the DNA of a person. Studies into behavioral pattern, has suggested that a person with a family history of anxiety is likely to pass it to the next generation.
Brain Parameters- there are some people who have abnormally high amount of neurometers. When these neurometers fails to function properly, the communication system in the brain breaks down, thereby, causing anxiety attacks.
Home Remedies for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders:
Anxiety attacks don’t have any prescribed medicines. It can be cured only by implementing a good lifestyle, by attending counselling sessions and by regulating our daily habits.
1.) Chamomile Tea for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
Chamomile tea is a good anti-depressant and the ingredients of this tea can help to bind the brain cell receptors and calm down an unstable mind. In order to make this:
- Boil a cup of water.
- Take a tea bag of chamomile tea.
- Dip the bag in the boiling water and turn off the heat.
- Allow it to seep for five minutes.
- Remove the bag and drink the water.
- You can use a sweetener if you wish.
2.) Hops for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
Hops is a kind of herb, widely used in the form of oil. It is very bitter in taste, so it is not used in tea or in regular cooking. Hops are available in the form of tincture or oil. Don’t use hops if you are already taking any kind of sedative.
- Obtain some hops oil.
- Take two teaspoons of any other essential oil.
- Add only a few drops of hops oil in the essential oil and mix well.
- Use this oil for a head massage.
- Alternatively, you can add a few drops of hops tincture in a glass of water and consume it.
- It will provide you relief from anxiety.
3.) Valerian for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
Valerian is another herb with some kind of sedative effect. It too has a nasty smell, an is more widely used as tincture or capsule.
- Take some dried valerian herb.
- Mix it with lemon balm or green tea leaves.
- Seep them together in a glass of water.
- Strain the solution and drink it for a peaceful sleep.
4.) Catnips for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
Catnip is an herb, which tends to make cats super active. However, it seems to have a different effect on human beings. It tends to make a human being more tension free and relaxed the nerves.
Combine this herb with any regular tea and drink it before dinner for an undisturbed and unhindered sleep.
5.) Almonds for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- Soak a handful of almond in a glass of water overnight.
- In the morning peel the skin from the nuts.
- Grind them in a blender and obtain a paste.
- Add the paste in a glass of warm milk.
- Add a pinch of ginger powder and nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Drink the milk every day, before bedtime to experience an undisturbed sleep.
6) Oranges for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- Oranges can be used in a multiple ways to reduce anxiety.
- Peel some oranges.
- Place the oranges in a juicer and extract the juice.
- Drink it twice in a day.
- Use the orange peel for fragrance purposes.
- Use the peel in some potpourri.
- Place the peel in a wide bottom pan, add some water and allow the water and the peel to shimmer.
- Once the peel is heated, it will release a very beautiful aroma, which is very helpful in treating anxiety.
7.) Rosemary for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- Rosemary has been used for a very long time to calm nerves and provide relief from mental anxiety.
- Get some dried rosemary herb.
- Add approximately one teaspoon of this herb in a glass of boiling water.
- Turn off the heat and allow the herb to steep for a couple of minutes.
- Strain the liquid and drink the tea.
8.) Lavender Oil for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- Lavender oil is known for reducing the blood pressure in a person and helps to calm the irritated nerves.
- Take a few drops of lavender oil and apply it directly on your head.
- Take a few drops of lavender oil and drop it on your pillow. The scent of the oil will help you to sleep well.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil in a pot of boiling water and inhale the aroma. This too will help you to feel more at ease.
9.) Epsom Water Bath for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- Add a few tablespoons of Epsom salt in your regular bathing water and soak in it.
- Additionally, you can also add a few drops of lavender oil, for a better experience.
- The salt usually helps to regulate and stabilize the body temperature, which is instrumental in regulating the mood.
10.) Lemon Balm for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
- Lemon balm tea is very beneficial is soothing the nerves and providing relief from anxiety.
- Take a few leaves of lemon balm. The leaves can be dried or fresh, as per convenience.
- Put them in a glass of water.
- Heat the water and allow the leaves to steep in it for a couple of minutes.
- Strain the liquid and drink it.
11.) Omega 3 Fatty Acids for Anxiety Attacks / Disorders
Consume foods, which have a high amount of omega 3 fatty acids like nuts, salmon, mussels, etc. Omega 3 is known to increase the overall functioning of the brain cells.
Other Useful Tips to Prevent Anxiety Attacks / Disorders:
Exercise – Exercise regularly, exercise will keep your body active and ensure there is no hormone imbalance. It is a powerful stress reducer and helps.
Avoid Medicines and sedatives- Medicines and sedatives creates dependency and should be avoided at every cost.
Quit Smoking and drinking – Alcohol, nicotine and caffeine are detrimental for the overall health of the mind as well as of the body.
Practice meditation and yoga – Yoga and meditation, will help to calm the mind and increase concentration, which is very important for reducing anxiety.
Eat breakfast – If you tend to suffer from anxiety attacks, then, having a regular breakfast, can be very beneficial. Eating a good breakfast helps to shoot up the chlorine level in the body, this helps to combat anxiety.
Grab a quick bite- Often when a person experiences, anxiety attack, the sugar level, tends to drop dangerously. Getting something to eat, will re-stabilize the sugar level and help to fight the uneasy feeling.
Limit your time on social networking- Spending time idle on Facebook or on social networks, or just watching TV, gives the brain nothing productive to indulge it. It makes the brain slow and more prone to anxiety attacks and depression.
Go out in the sun- Try soaking up the sun for at least 15 mints in a day. It will make you feel energized. It will also increase your interaction with other people, which will help you to stay happy and anxiety free.