Sometimes you get bites from some insects like spider. Most of the spider bites are harmless. Some bites are poisonous and can cause various effects on the body. Insect and spider bites may cause pain, itching, inflammation and redness. Depending on the type of spider, the reaction can last a few hours to many days or weeks. Toxic spider bites can involve a threatening reaction that includes fever, a necrotic sore, swelling and light redness. In this article, you will get to know about home remedies for spider bites treatment.
Most of the spider bites are not serious and can be treated at home by using home remedies and natural remedies. Some spider can be dangerous, such as the brown recluse spider and black widow spider. Black widow spider can identify by the hourglass marking on its belly while the brown recluse spider contains a violin shaped mark on its back. Symptoms of a black widow spider bite include slight swelling, stiffness, abdominal pain, cramping, red marks and excess sweating. Symptoms of a brown recluse spider bite include a mild stinging, intense pain, redness and a deep purple or blue area around the bite. The main goal to treat spider bites is to neutralize the bite and remove toxins in the body. Some effective home remedies can ease the symptoms of spider bites and promote healing.
Best Home Remedies for Spider Bites Treatment:
1.) Aspirin to Get Rid of Spider Bites Fast
By using aspirin, you can relieve symptoms of spider bites. Aspirin helps to neutralize the venom to speed up the healing process. It controls inflammation and swelling due to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Steps to Use Aspirin to Treat Spider Bite Fast:
- Take 1 to 2 aspirin tablets and soak it in a little water to make a paste.
- Apply this aspirin paste on the affected area.
- Leave it for some hours, then clean it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it 2 times, if needed.
2.) Ice Pack to Treat Spider Bites Fast
Ice pack is one of effective home remedy for treating spider bites. After bitten by a spider, you need to clean the wound with the help of mild soap and water. Then, apply an ice pack on the affected skin. The cold temperature of ice pack will numb the nerve endings, reduce swelling or inflammation and soothe the itching sensation.
Steps to Use Ice Pack for Spider Bites:
- Take some ice cubes and wrap them in a thin towel.
- Place this wrapped towel on the affected area for ten minutes.
- Repeat this process as needed within the 24 hours.
- You can also wash the affected area with a cool water for a few minutes.
3.) Salt to Get Rid of Spider Bites Fast
Salt is one of the most effective home remedies for spider bites due to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Salt helps to remove the venom to promote quick recovery. Also, it reduces redness and inflammation.
Steps to Use Salt to Get Relief from Spider Bite:
- Wash the infected area properly with lukewarm water.
- Take a wet washcloth and sprinkle some salt on it.
- Use this washcloth for bandage the affected part for some hours. Then remove this cloth.
- Reapply this washcloth as needed.
4.) Baking Soda to Treat Spider Bites Fast
Baking soda is one of the best home remedies for spider bites. Baking soda referred to as alkaline substance that helps to remove the venom that will reduce itching, pain and inflammation.
Steps to Use Baking Soda for Spider Bites:
- Take 1 tsp of baking soda and mix it with 3 tsp of water.
- Use a cotton ball and apply this paste on the infected area for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, wash your area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat it in every few hours to reduce the symptoms of spider bite.
5.) Potatoes to Get Rid of Spider Bites Fast and Naturally
One of the easy and effective home remedy for spider bites is potatoes. Potatoes helps to reduce the inflammation and itching due to its soothing properties and anti-irritating properties. It also helps to keep the area moisturized to speed up the healing process.
Steps to Use Potatoes to Treat Spider Bites:
- Take a large potato. Then peel it and wash it properly.
- Grate the potato with the help of a grater.
- Place the handful of wet potato into a thin cloth and tie it properly.
- Use rubbing alcohol to clean the affected area.
- Then place the wrapped potato cloth on it.
- Leave it until the potato dries.
- Remove the old potato and clean the affected area with warm water.
- Reapply it until the symptoms of spider bites are gone.
6.) Activated Charcoal to Get Rid of Spider Bites Fast and Naturally
Activated charcoal is one of the best home remedies for spider bites. Due to containing innate absorption property it helps to draw out toxic substances from the body. After removing the toxic substances it reduces tenderness and inflammation automatically.
Steps to Use Activated Charcoal to Treat Spider Bites:
- Take some water and activated charcoal and mix both the ingredients to make a paste.
- Clean the infected area with warm water and apply this paste to the affected area.
- Now, put a bandage over it to keep the paste in place.
- Repeat it in every 3 hours to get relief from the symptoms of spider bites.
- You can also use activated charcoal supplements for quick results.
7.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Spider Bites Fast and Naturally
Lemon juice is one of the best home remedies for spider bites as it keeps swelling, inflammation and itching at bay. It is a natural astringent as it helps to dry out skin rashes that is caused by spider bites as well as prevent infection.
Steps to Use Lemon Juice to Treat Spider Bites:
- Take a lemon and extract the juice from it.
- Apply this lemon juice on the affected area with a cotton ball.
- Allow it to dry then wash it off with water.
- Alternatively, take a piece of lemon and rub it against the infected skin for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, rinse it off with water.
8.) Turmeric Powder to Treat Spider Bites Naturally and Fast
Turmeric is a natural pain-killer that contains antioxidant, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric powder promotes recovery by reducing swelling, pain and inflammation.
Steps to Use Turmeric Powder:
- Make a paste by mixing 1 to 2 tsp of turmeric powder with enough olive oil.
- Apply this turmeric paste on the infected area.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
- Alternate method, take 1 tbsp of turmeric powder, some washed Indian lilac leaves and a little water. Make a thick paste by blending all the ingredients. Apply this paste on the infected area and leave it for 20 minutes. Then, wash it with warm water.
9.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Spider Bites Fast
Peppermint is a herb that exhibits analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that helps to relieve swelling, pain and inflammation. It helps to calm and soothes itchiness which is caused by spider bites.
Steps to Use Peppermint:
- Take some freshly extracted peppermint juice and rub it on the affected area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, then wash it off with cool water. Repeat this method once or twice in a day.
- An alternate method, apply 1 to 2 drops of peppermint oil on the infected skin 2 or 3 times a day.
10.) Aloe Vera to Treat Spider Bites Naturally and Fast
Aloe vera is one of the best natural and home remedies for spider bites. It has natural antiseptic as well as soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce the itching, pain and swelling. It helps in faster healing by keeping the infected area moisturized.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera to Prevent Spider Bites:
- First, wash an aloe vera leaf properly.
- Extract the gel and apply this gel on the affected skin.
- Reapply this gel a few times a day for some days to get relief from the symptoms of spider bites.
- Store the remaining aloe vera gel in the refrigerator.
Additional Useful Tips for Spider Bites:
- Observe the bite for some days to keep a check to see how well the symptoms of spider bites are healing.
- To prevent spider bites, wear pants and long sleeve shirt, gloves, a hat and boots when handling firewood or stored boxes.
- Be careful when cleaning out basements, sheds, attics, garages and crawl spaces.
- Install the tight-fitting screens on doors and windows to keep spiders out of the house.
- Remove the piles of rocks from the garden.
- Discard old clothing, boxes and other unwanted things from the storage areas.