How to use home remedies for toothache treatment naturally? Toothache is regarded as a painful sensation in the tooth. The pain may be concentrated in one region or spread across the entire jaw line. If the toothache is simple and not very severe then, one can try using some home remedies to treat it. However, if the toothache is severe, then immediate medical attention should be sought. Toothaches are characterized by a swelling in the gum region, Secretion of blood or other types of fluid, a throbbing and constant pain around the tooth, inflammation around the skin of the tooth, and a severe cases, toothaches are associated with fever and headaches.
Causes of Toothache
Toothache can be caused by numerous factors. Sometimes it is simple, like a cold and sometimes it can be due to severe reasons like a tooth decay or infection. A list of some of the most widely known causes is listed below.
Dental Cavity- Dental cavity occurs, when a bacteria are formed inside the teeth, it erodes the upper, protective covering of the enamel. This condition is usually known as plaque. The bacteria of plaque, feeds on sugary foods and digs deep into the teeth, which causes severe pain.
Sensitive Tooth- When the roots of the tooth are exposed to different kinds of foods, it tends to become sensitive. Sensitive tooth, reacts in a big way too cold or hot temperatures, which can also be a cause of pain.
Gum Diseases- Gum diseases are not very uncommon among people. Gum diseases are a result of bacterial infection and are usually accompanied by the bleeding gums. Gum diseases can be serious concern and the doctor should be sought immediately.
Dental Injury- Toothache can also be a caused by gum injury, like a severely fractured tooth exposing the pulp and the tissue, or a broken tooth which might include the tooth or the enamel.
Dry Socket- Dry socket is a condition, when a blood clot in the gums after the extraction of the tooth. It can be caused by bacterial attacks or by chemical attacks. Big time smokers are especially prone to this kind of problem, because the nicotine prevents the blood from clotting.
Sinus – people who have a tendency to suffer from sinus, usually suffer from toothache. Sinus affects all the facial muscles, which leads to toothache.
Wisdom Teeth – Wisdom teeth is primarily known as molars , and they tend to crop up in the early teens and sometimes in the post teenage years. Wisdom teeth are characterized by a throbbing pain in the backside of the jaw and sometimes severe inflammation.
Heart Attacks- Sometimes when a person is experiencing a heart attack, he might experience a severe pain of the jaw line. This pain will be triggerless and often be sudden. Call, medical emergency services without delay on such situations.
Home Remedies For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- Home Remedies For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 1.) Garlic For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 2.) Onion For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 3.) Clove For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 4.) Neem Leaves For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 5.) Tea Tree Oil For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 6.) Cinnamon and Honey For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 7.) Curcumin and Baking Soda Paste For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 8.) Vanilla and Cinnamon For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 9.) Flossing For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 10.) Salt Water Rinse For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 11.) Brandy or Alcohol For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 12.) Guava Leaves For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 13.) Lemon Juice and Asafetida For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 14.) Peppermint For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 15.) Bayberry Bark For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 16.) Peppercorns For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 17.) Mustard Oil and Turmeric For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- 18.) Acupressure Technique For Toothache Treatment Naturally
1.) Garlic For Toothache Treatment Naturally
Garlic is a storehouse of antibacterial properties, that can be used to treat a toothache.
- Take a clove of garlic and crush it.
- Apply some rock salt on it.
- Press this garlic clove on your affected teeth.
- The pain will go away in a matter of few minutes.
2.) Onion For Toothache Treatment Naturally
Onion like garlic also has a high amount of anti-bacterial properties. Just cut a piece and press it on the infected tooth, and you will soon realize the difference.
3.) Clove For Toothache Treatment Naturally
Clove is also an antibacterial agent is well known in treating tooth related problem.
- Measure about one tablespoon of clove oil in a bowl.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in that oil.
- Place this cotton ball on the painful tooth.
- Press the cotton down, with the other set of teeth on the upper or lower jaw.
- This method should be done after dinner at night, so that the clove oil can get maximum time to work.
4.) Neem Leaves For Toothache Treatment Naturally
Neem is another plant, whose healing properties are legendary. You can use neem bark, if you don’t have access to leaves.
- Take one liter of water and pour it on a wide bottom pan.
- Add a bunch of neem leaves or a piece of neem tree bark in that water and bring it to a boil.
- Strain that water and use it to gargle for quick relief.
- This water can also be used as a mouthwash after every meal.
5.) Tea Tree Oil For Toothache Treatment Naturally
Tea tree oil has been used in Europe and Asia for centuries to get rid of bacterial infection in any part of the body.
- Measure two tablespoons of tea tree oil in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball into the oil.
- Place the cotton ball on the infected tooth and press it down, with the other pair of teeth.
- You can also drop a few drops of tree oil in a glass of water and use it as a mouthwash.
6.) Cinnamon and Honey For Toothache Treatment Naturally
Both these ingredients are anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial in nature. Together they can help to reduce the pain and provide a soothing effect to the tooth.
- Take some strands of cinnamon and grind it in a mixer to get a powder.
- Measure one teaspoon of this cinnamon powder.
- Add 5 teaspoons of honey to this cinnamon powder.
- Make a paste and apply it directly on the affected tooth.
- Repeat the process at least twice in a day and you will be able to understand the difference soon enough.
7.) Curcumin and Baking Soda Paste For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- Take a one teaspoon of Curcumin.
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda to the curcumin.
- Add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil to the other three ingredients.
- Mix them well and form a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected tooth, with the help a Q- Tip.
8.) Vanilla and Cinnamon For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence to a glass of water.
- Use this water to swirl in your mouth.
- Take some cinnamon powder and apply it on the tooth.
- Wash it off with water.
- Alternatively, you can combine both the ingredients to swirl in your mouth
9.) Flossing For Toothache Treatment Naturally
Flossing is a good way to get relief from toothache. Toothache is often caused by food articles getting stuck in between the teeth. Under such circumstances , flossing is a good option. Try flossing your teeth, to get rid of tiny food particles that might be the reason behind your toothache.
10.) Salt Water Rinse For Toothache Treatment Naturally
When you are in a hurry and don’t have time for elaborate home remedies, just dissolve some salt in a glass of warm water and swirl it in your mouth. The salt water will draw out the bacteria and food particles out from the obscure corner of the tooth and provide relief.
11.) Brandy or Alcohol For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- Alcohol has numbing properties, which can help to ease the pain.
- Dip a cotton ball in brandy.
- Place that ball on the affected teeth and press it with the second pair.
- If this method is regularly practiced for a week, then the pain should subside quite soon.
12.) Guava Leaves For Toothache Treatment Naturally
Guava leaves are very helpful in treating tooth ache. You can chew the leaves slowly and allow the juice to seep into the tooth. Alternatively, you can use these leaves for gargling.
- Boil a glass of water.
- Add a few guava leaves and allow it to steep for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat off and allow it to cool.
- Use this water for gargling.
- Repeat this process a at least twice a day to get best results.
13.) Lemon Juice and Asafetida For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- Lemon has a lot of Vitamin C content, which is good for the tooth.
- Take a lemon and slice it into two or four pieces.
- Squeeze and collect the juice from the lemon.
- Soak and cotton ball in the juice.
- Add a pinch of asafetida to it and press it on the tooth.
- The pain will fade after a few minutes.
14.) Peppermint For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- Peppermint leaves a cooling effect and can help to soothe an aching tooth.
- Take a handful of peppermint leaves and chew them. The juice from the leaves will heal the pain.
- Alternatively, throw in a few peppermint leaves in a glass of water.
- Place the water on medium heat and allow it to steep for a few minutes.
- Once the water cools down, use this water to rinse your mouth a few times in a day.
15.) Bayberry Bark For Toothache Treatment Naturally
Bayberry bark is not a very common ingredient but it has a rare ability to heal the cavity formations in the teeth and reduce the pain.
- Make a paste of bayberry bark by grinding it in with the help of mortar and pestle.
- Add some vinegar to the paste and apply it directly on the aching tooth.
- You will feel that the pain is reduced in a few hours.
16.) Peppercorns For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- Take few peppercorns and soak them in water for a couple of hours.
- Transfer them into a mixer and make a paste with a few drops of water.
- Add a pinch of salt to this paste.
- Apply this paste directly on the painful tooth.
- This method will not only help you fight the pain, but also remove any bad breath, that might be a cause of concern for you.
17.) Mustard Oil and Turmeric For Toothache Treatment Naturally
- This is an age old Indian remedy, which is also helpful in reducing toothache.
- The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric make it a great choice for fighting toothache.
- Get some fresh turmeric roots. Peel the outer layer of the turmeric root and cut them into small pieces.
- Place them in a mixture and grind them into a smooth paste.
- Add a few teaspoons of mustard oil to the paste and apply it on your tooth.
18.) Acupressure Technique For Toothache Treatment Naturally
Massaging the painful jaw or tooth area, externally with mustard or olive oil, helps to provide the much needed relief to the tooth.
- Sometimes applying a cube of ice directly on the tooth, can also help in reducing the toothache.
- Applying a hot tea bag on the inflamed tooth, is another method of getting quick relief.
Other Useful Tips to Prevent Toothache:
1.) Brush your teeth regularly, twice a day. If possible, after every meal.
2.) Use soft bristle toothbrush, hard toothbrush can cause more harm.
3.) Avoid sugary food and fizzy drink. Both of them, tends to make the tooth weak and leads to cavity formation.
4.) Lead a stress free life- During periods of high stress, the body releases, a hormone known as cortisol in excess. This hormone is detrimental for a healthy tooth. Cortisol makes the tooth, vulnerable to decay and cavities.
5.) Quit smoking- Smoking is very harmful for the teeth. The nicotine, not not tans the teeth, but also erodes the enamel, making it vulnerable to bacteria attacks.
6.) Vitamin D- Eat foods high on vitamin D, like fish, rice, soy, etc. Vitamin d helps the body to absorb Calcium, which is essential for ensuring, that our teeth, stay healthy and fine.
Also allow your body to soak up some sunlight, which will also help in Vitamin D absorption.
7.) Flouride water- In case you have a toddler, make sure he/ she has access to fluoride water, which is very essential for building up a healthy tooth and gums.
8.) Calcium – Ensure that your diet has sufficient amount of calcium content. Foods like cheese, milk, egg are high in calcium content. Eating these foods regularly, will ensure your body gets enough calcium supplement and your bones and teeth, remains healthy.
9.) Practice flossing your teeth. Flossing helps to remove the small hidden food particles, that might be hidden deep within two teeth. Even if you can’t do it every day, try doing it at-least every alternate day.
10.) Visit a dentist – No matter how much precaution, you take it is always a good idea to get your teeth checked by a dentist once in a year. He can guide you about the overall condition of your tooth and help you to take proper care.