How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies at home? America’s greatest gift to chocolate lovers, Chocolate Chip Cookies! Tiny morsels of chocolate adorning the cookie dough, which when baked are crunchy on the outside and gorgeously rich and chewy on the inside. Enjoy this delectable delight with a glass of cold milk, a perfect snack!
This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies, which are around 3 inches in size.
Ingredients to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Unsalted Butter – 1 cup (226 grams)
- Granulated White Sugar – 3/ 4th cup (150 grams)
- Light Brown Sugar – 3/ 4th cup (160 grams)(Firmly packed)
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Eggs – 2 (Large)
- All Purpose Flour – 2 ¼ Cup (295 grams)
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 ½ tsp
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels/Chocolate Chips – 1 ½ cup (270 grams)
- Walnuts/Pecans – 1 cup (100 grams) (Optional)
Directions to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper or greaseproof paper and preheat your oven to 190 degree Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until it becomes creamy and smooth. Keeping the butter on your kitchen top an hour before cooking ensures it to be soft enough, making it easier to beat.
- You can beat the butter either by hand or with an electric hand mixer.
- Once the butter is smooth, add the white and the brown sugar. Beat well for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- To this mixture add in the vanilla extract and mix well. You may require scraping down the sides of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- In another mixing bowl, mix in all the dry ingredients, flour, salt and baking soda. Mix it well to avoid clumping. You could also sieve these ingredients together to avoid lumps.
- Now, add the dry mixture to the egg and butter mix.
- Add the nuts (optional) and the chocolate chips to the mix. Incorporate the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients well.
- Once everything has been incorporated, cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate the mixture until firm for about 30 minutes to an hour. This will make it easier for us to roll the dough and shape the cookies.
- If you fancy larger cookies, use an ice cream scoop and portion out two tablespoons on to the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven and bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove them from the baking sheet and place them on a wire rack and cool them completely.
Make Chocolate Chip Cookies for surprise visits to your friends! Just make the cookie dough in advance, form it into balls and place it on the tray, refrigerate them, then place the balls in a plastic bag, seal them and freeze them for later use. When you are ready to use them, simply line the dough balls on the baking sheet and put it in the oven, you may have to increase the cooking time by a few minutes. Make sure you have enough milk to serve with these delightful cookies!