Everyone wants to look refreshed in the morning and waking up with puffy eyes or eye bags is very frustrating. Eye puffiness is can be little difficult to get rid of. However, there are some easy and cheap ways to get rid of puffy eyes. Puffy eyes make you look un-refreshed, bloated and extra-tired. The main reason of having puffy eyes is alcohol, salty food and lack of sleep. Many people are looking for a solution to how to get rid of puffy eyes for a healthier and younger appearance.
Puffy eyes or swollen eyelid occurs when there is excess fluid or inflammation in the connective tissues nearby your eyes. Puffy eyes occurs when your eyes begin to swell for numerous reasons, including hormonal changes, excessive crying, genetics, excessive physical stress, dermatitis, lack of sleep and some allergic reaction. Some people like models and performers reduce their puffiness and wrinkles with expensive products. There are also some home remedies and natural remedies that help in treating puffy eyes. Read this article thoroughly to get rid of puffy eyes.
Symptoms of Puffy Eyes:
- Blurry vision
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Burning sensation
- Redness on or around the eye.
Causes of Puffy Eyes:
- A change in weather
- Excessive crying
- Excessive physical stress
- A change in weather
- Lack of sleep
- Bad diet
- Sinus problems and some allergic reaction.
How do You Get Puffy Eyes?
Puffy eyes are a very common problem and it will resolve on their own. Puffy eyes occur when your eyes begin to swell for various reasons such as lack of sleep, excessive crying, stress and more.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes:
- Best Remedies to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes:
- 1.) Potatoes to Treat Puffy Eyes Fast and Naturally
- 2.) Cold Spoons to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Fast
- 3.) Cucumbers to Cure Puffy Eyes Fast and Naturally
- 4.) Tea Bags to Reduce Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles Fast
- 5.) Water to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Fast
- 6.) Egg Whites to Treat Puffy Eyes Fast
- 7.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Naturally and Fast
- 8.) Strawberries to Treat Puffy Eyes Fast and Naturally
- 9.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Fast
- 10.) Cold Water to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Fast
- 11.) Whole Milk to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles:
- 12.) Castor Oil to Treat Puffy Eyes Fast
1.) Potatoes to Treat Puffy Eyes Fast and Naturally
The natural astringent and anti-inflammatory properties in potatoes make it very popular and effective home remedy for treating puffy eyes. Potatoes contain starch that helps to reduce puffiness and under eye bags. This home remedy is also helpful for removing dark circles under eyes.
Steps to Use Potatoes to Remove Puffy Eyes:
- Peel and wash a potato.
- Grate the potato and extract the juice from it.
- Now, apply this potato juice with a cotton ball under the eyes.
- Keep it for a few minutes or overnight.
- Repeat this home remedy many times a day until the puffiness is gone.
2.) Cold Spoons to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Fast
Cold spoon is the simple home remedy and very effective that helps to tighten the skin around your eyes and relax the blood vessels. It offers relief to tired and puffy eyes.
Steps to Use Cold Spoons:
- Place 5 to 6 metal spoons in your refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place the back portion of the cold spoon against your eye for some time until the spoon becomes warm.
- When the spoon warms replace it with another cold spoon.
3.) Cucumbers to Cure Puffy Eyes Fast and Naturally
Chilled cucumber is a good home remedy for treating puffy eyes or eye bags. Cucumbers contain the astringent properties and enzymes that help to reduce inflammation and tighten the skin. This remedy also helps to get rid of dark circles and wrinkles around the eyes.
Steps to Use Cucumber to Treat Puffy Eyes Fast:
- Cut a cucumber into slices and put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Place the chilled slices of cucumber on your eyelids for ten minutes.
- Repeat the process many times a day to get effective results.
4.) Tea Bags to Reduce Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles Fast
Green tea bags or black tea bags both help to soothe irritated and puffy eyes. Tea bags contain anti-irritant properties that reduce swelling under your eyes. The anti-irritant properties help to relieve inflammation and redness.
Steps to Use Tea Bags to Treat Puffy Eyes:
- Place 2 used tea bags in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Lie down and then put the tea bags over eyelids.
- Keep the tea bags for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process few times a day.
5.) Water to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Fast
Drinking water is one of the easiest ways to reduce puffiness. When your body is hydrated then there is less chance of water retention that may cause under eye area to swell. Water helps to remove toxins out of the body.
To stay hydrated, drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water in a day. Don’t take too much salt as it reduces the water retention in your body. Also, avoid carbonated beverages and caffeinated beverages that may be dehydrated.
6.) Egg Whites to Treat Puffy Eyes Fast
The skin tightening properties in egg white helps to remove puffiness and prevent wrinkles.
Steps to Use Egg Whites to Remove Puffiness:
- Take 2 eggs and separate the egg yolk from the egg.
- Whip the egg properly until you get a consistency.
- Add a few drops of witch hazel which is a skin tightening astringent to the egg.
- Apply this egg yolk mixture under the eyes with the help of soft cloth.
- Let it dry and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this egg whites method for some days.
7.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Naturally and Fast
The vitamin E and antioxidants present in aloe vera are very effective in treating puffiness around the eyes. It also keeps fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera for Treating Puffiness:
You can directly apply aloe vera gel under your eyes that helps to improve blood circulation and remove out the fluids around the eyes and reduce swelling.
- Make sure it doesn’t get in your eyes.
- If you don’t have aloe vera gel, then you can use skin care products that contain aloe vera gel.
8.) Strawberries to Treat Puffy Eyes Fast and Naturally
Strawberries contain the alpha hydroxy acid that helps to make your skin smooth and young. It also helps to reduce eye puffiness and swelling.
Steps to Use Strawberries to Cure Puffy Eyes:
- Take some strawberries and put them in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Remove the tops and cut the strawberries into thick slices.
- Lie down and place the strawberry slices under your eyes for a few minutes.
9.) Salt Water to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Fast
Salt and hot water are one of the simplest home remedies to reduce puffiness and swelling under your eyes. The salt water helps to remove fluid retention under your eyes.
Steps to Use Salt and Hot Water to Treat Puffy Eyes:
- Take a half tsp of salt and mix it in a bowl that contains 4 cups of water.
- Soak wool eye pads or cotton balls in this warm saline solution and place them on your eyelids for a few minutes.
- Repeat this method for 15 to 20 minutes.
10.) Cold Water to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Fast
Cold water is helpful and effective to treat puffy eyes or under eye bags. The cold temperature helps to constrict the blood vessels and reduce the swelling.
Steps to Use Cold Water to Reduce Puffiness:
- First, wash your face with ice-cold water.
- Repeat it a few times throughout the day as needed.
- You can also use ice and wrap it in a washcloth.
- Place this wrapped ice cloth on your eyes.
- Repeat this process until the swelling or puffiness is gone.
11.) Whole Milk to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles:
The cold whole milk is very effective to treat eye puffiness. Whole milk contains fat and has a soothing effect that is rich in proteins, vitamins A, D, amino acids and lactic acid that helps to reduce puffiness under your eyes. You need to place a clean cloth dipped in cold whole milk over your eyelids for 15 minutes.
12.) Castor Oil to Treat Puffy Eyes Fast
Massaging is one of the best ways for treating puffiness fast. You need to take castor oil and massage your under eyes using fingertips. Before taking a bath, massaging is necessary to cure swelling, puffiness and dark circles. Repeat this remedy 2 times in a week.
Other Useful Tips to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes:
- Do not rub your eyes as rubbing may cause irritation in your eyes.
- Consult your doctor if you are allergic to puffy eyes.
- You can use anti-inflammatory cream to your under eyes as it will reduce puffiness.
- Press something cold against the under eye bags.
- Drink plenty of water in the morning.
- Don’t wear makeup during the night. Remove the makeup before going to sleep.
- Don’t consume alcohol and avoid smoking.
- You can use tomato juice or mint juice to reduce puffiness.
- Avoid sugar and caffeine.