After writing how to get rid of dark circles under eyes?, how to get rid of bags under eyes?, and home remedies for puffy eyes, we are now writing the best ways to get rid of eye bags permanently. Having eye bags or dark circles is a very common problem among all ages. Eye bags are the puffiness or swelling under the eyes that occurs due to a weakening of tissues under eye lids. Not getting enough sleep and working too long in the front of the computer may cause eye puffiness and dark circles. The periorbital tissues get swollen due to unequal distribution of fluid causing eye bags. You can get rid of eye bags permanently and easily with the help of some best home treatment. In this article, you will get to know the best ways to get rid of eye bags permanently and fast without much effort. All remedies are easy and will be available at your home.
As you get older, the appearance of eye bags increases as the tissues weaken with age. For eye bags, fluid retention, smoking, excess salt, too much alcohol, allergies and chronic sinus problems can cause the water retention in the sensitive eye tissues. Eye bags are a natural effect of aging and make you look tired and unhealthy. There are some expensive products available in the market to treat eye bags, but you can also treat eye bags with some home and natural remedies.
Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Eye Bags:
- Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Eye Bags:
- 1.) Take The Help From Tea Bags
- 2.) Use The Chilled Sliced Cucumber
- 3.) Use The Raw Potato Juice
- 4.) Cold Metal Spoons Exercise
- 5.) Use The Lemon Juice
- 6.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
- 7.) Use The Vitamin E Oil
- 8.) Apply The Honey
- 9.) Use The Almond Oil
- 10.) Use Buttermilk and Turmeric
- 11.) Apply The Egg Whites
- 12.) Salt Water or Saline Solution
- 13.) Reduce The Water Retention
- 14.) Change Sleeping Position
- 15.) Use The Concealer
- 16.) Treat Your Face Gently
- Other Useful Tips To Get Rid of Eye Bags:
1.) Take The Help From Tea Bags
Applying cooled tea bags is one of the best method to get rid of eye bags permanently and naturally. Be it black tea bags or green tea bags, both are helpful in soothing under eye and puffy eyes. Tea consists of anti-irritant properties that help to lessen swelling around your eyes. They can also alleviate inflammation and redness. Teabag contains tannin that helps to get rid of eye bags permanently and naturally.
- Boil a cup of water and put 2 tea bags into the hot water. Move tea bag up and down until the bag are soaked in water properly. Remove the tea bag and allow it to cool in freezer.
- Lie down in a comfortable position. Place 1 soaked tea bag on each eye. Now, hold your feet up for a few minutes. After rest for 20-25 minutes, remove the tea bags from the eyes. Now, see your face in the mirror, you will see a less puffy eyes.
2.) Use The Chilled Sliced Cucumber
Cucumber has skin-lightening properties as well as anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. Cucumber is used to reduce puffiness and lighten skin tone also.
- Cut the cucumber into slices. Put the cucumber slices in a refrigerator.
- Now, put these chilled slices of cucumber over the closed eyes.
- Keep them for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat this process 3 times per day to reduce puffiness.
3.) Use The Raw Potato Juice
Using a raw potato is one of the best and effective home remedies to get rid of eye bags naturally. The natural bleaching properties in potatoes help to lighten the skin under your eyes area and reduce puffiness.
- Take a raw potato and put it in the refrigerator. Now, grate this potato and squeeze out the juice in a bowl.
- Soak cotton balls in this chilled potato juice and apply it under your eyes. Keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- You can also use potato slices and place the slice over each eye for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this method 3 times a day for reducing the eye bags.
4.) Cold Metal Spoons Exercise
Cold metal spoon is another easy and the best method to get rid of eye bags permanently and fast. Take a glass of ice-chilled water and four clean steel spoons. Keep the spoons in the chilled water for some time. Take the two steel spoons and place them over your eyes. The coldness will help to tighten the blood vessels and decrease under eye bags. Remove the spoon when it gets less chilled. Again, repeat the procedure till the time you see bags fading out. It is a quick eye pack that reduces eye bags or puffiness. Repeat the process 2-3 times a day to see the effective results.
5.) Use The Lemon Juice
- Take a lemon and place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Extract the juice from the chilled lemon.
- Soak cotton balls in this lemon juice.
- Place the cotton ball on your eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, clean it with cool water.
6.) Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera consists of antioxidants and vitamin E, which are helpful in reducing bags around the eyes and also keep away the fine lines and wrinkles. Aloe vera helps you improve blood circulation and flush out the excess water around the eyes, thus reducing inflammation. Apply aloe vera gel under your eyes. Make sure it does not get in your eyes. Even if you don’t have the access of aloe vera, you can use the products with aloe vera extracts. This is one of the excellent remedy to heal under eye bags overnight.
7.) Use The Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E is very useful to get rid of eye bags and puffy eyes. It is essential for the healthy skin and will help to keep the skin under eye healthy and nourished. This also helps to decrease the swelling around the eyes. Take a bowl of chilled water and mix a few drops of chilled water. Mix it well. Now soak a cotton pad in the mixture and place it on the eyes. Keep the cotton pads for about 20 minutes on your eyes to lessen under eye bags. Read foods high in vitamin E.
8.) Apply The Honey
The anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial benefits of honey helps to minimize eye bags and dark circles. Read health benefits of honey.
- Simply apply a little amount of honey with your fingertip to the under eyes before you go to bed.
- If applying honey at night is not possible then make sure that it stay for at-least 50-60 minutes.
- Let it be overnight or 50-60 minutes minimum and then wash your face.
- You will see the puffiness and swelling is reduced.
9.) Use The Almond Oil
Almond oil is luxurious oil that helps to get rid of eye bags or puffiness. The almond oil consists of an essential oil that help nourish the skin and moisturizes the area around the eyes. Put two to three drops of almond oil on your fingers and massage gently under your eye before going to bed. Do not put pressure while massaging. Massaging recovers the blood circulation and lessen water retention around the eyes. Almond oil is one of the best remedy to get rid of eye bags permanently. Repeat it every night for best results.
10.) Use Buttermilk and Turmeric
Buttermilk and turmeric is one of the best home remedies for eye bags. Buttermilk and turmeric constricts blood vessels and lessens inflammation. It helps to reduce puffiness and shadows due to its skin lightening properties.
- Take a cup of buttermilk and add a little amount of turmeric to it.
- Soak cotton balls in this buttermilk.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid and put the cotton balls on eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat it 5 times a week until you get the best results.
11.) Apply The Egg Whites
Egg white is one of the best and effective home remedies to get rid of eye bags. The skin tightening properties of egg white helps to remove the eye bags and wrinkles. Egg White has the capacity to soak up water and reduce under eye bags and puffy eyes. This is a natural remedy for treating under eye bags and other related problems in the body. This can be used to get rid of the surplus water retained under the eye. Take an egg and take out the egg white. Now, beat the egg white till it is stiff. Apply this around your eyes with a soft cloth or smooth makeup brush. Keep the egg white over the over your eyes for 15-20 minutes. Wash out your face with cold water after 15-20 minutes. Do this process daily once to get rid of eye bags permanently.
12.) Salt Water or Saline Solution
Salt water helps to reduce inflammation.
- Take a quarter tsp of salt and lukewarm water in a bowl.
- Soak cotton balls or eye pads in this warm saline solution.
- Place these cotton balls or eye pads over your eye lids.
- Keep these pads for 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure that the cloth should be clean.
13.) Reduce The Water Retention
It is one of the simplest ways to treat under eye bags. When the body is fully hydrated, there is less chance of fluid or water retention. But when you lack that becomes the reason for under eye bags and swelling of the other parts of the body. Water helps remove toxins from the body. To stay hydrated, one should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water regularly. Moreover, you must cut down the amount of salt you eat every day. Also, avoid caffeine, sodas and other beverages that can be dehydrating.
14.) Change Sleeping Position
This is one of the main reasons for under eye bags fast. Those who sleep on their sides or stomachs are more likely to wake up with under-eye bags. These positions, collect huge amount of fluids under the eyes during the night. You can even compare that, side sleepers have a larger eye bag than the other side eye. Try to sleep on your back than your side or stomach. It’s not an easy task to change your sleeping position, but initially it may be difficult getting used to it. Try putting pillows to your sides, it will make easier you sleep on your back.
15.) Use The Concealer
Using concealer is one of the most effective and quickest method to treat eye bags and dark circles. The right makeup helps to reduce the appearance of eye bags and puffiness and keep you fresh.
- Use a concealer that matches your skin color.
- Apply the concealer with cotton ball under your eyes.
- Use it lightly into your skin, don’t rub it against the skin.
- Use a matte powder and a blush brush to apply it under your eyes.
- The makeup will effectively conceal your bags.
16.) Treat Your Face Gently
Under eye skin is fragile and thin, so it is easy to make it weaker and damage which leads to bigger bags.
- Don’t wear makeup at bedtime. The harmful chemical in makeup will irritate your eyes at night. So wash your face daily before bedtime.
- Scrubbing and rubbing your face with a towel can weaken the skin under the eyes. Use a good eye makeup remover to remove your makeup. Then, wash your face with clean water.
- Moisturize your face before bedtime.
- Use sunscreen daily to protect your skin from the sun’s rays.
Other Useful Tips To Get Rid of Eye Bags:
- Do not drink before going to sleep as the fluid retention is the main cause of eye bags. Use green tea as it helps to re-hydrate your skin.
- Massage your under eye area to reduce the puffiness or eye bags as it helps to improve the blood circulation around the eyes.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate yourself. Drinking more water helps to reduce the dehydration under your eye.
- Don’t watch late night shows and don’t play late night games on phone or ipad.
- Eye bags also occur due to the deficiency of vitamin E and other important nutrients. Eat diet that is rich in vitamin E to reduce the eye bags or puffiness.
- Lack of sleep is the cause of eye bags. So take proper sleep to get rid of eye bags and dark circles.
- Take proper and deeper breaths. If you are not getting enough oxygen then it may cause eye bags.