What are fruit flies and how to get rid of fruit flies fast and naturally? Whether you are a fruit lover or not, you must have experienced the bad effects of fruit flies already. How do fruit flies spread? What do they do? Fruit flies are small flies that primarily feed on fruits ad other waste material. You may have a clean house and suddenly see a huge group of fruit flies roaming around. Their life cycle is very fast. It takes only 8 days for a fruit fly egg to become an adult. So, you can pretty easily imagine that how they can appear suddenly. Fruit flies are a headache for people. How you would feel when you find fruit flies on your favourite food/fruit that you were just going to eat.
We have come up with these following tips to get rid of fruit flies:
1.) Use Your Food / Fruits Before It Become Overripe
- 1.) Use Your Food / Fruits Before It Become Overripe
- 2.) Discard Rotten Fruits to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- 3.) Keep Your Food/ Fruits in an Airlock Bag to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- 4.) Do Not Put Your Food / Fruits Garbage in Paper Basket to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- 5.) Keep All Your Food / Fruits in a Transparent Container
- 6.) Try Trap Method to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- 7.) Take Professional Help to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- 8.) Use Anti-fly Spray to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- 9.) Dispose any rotten vegetables to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- 10.) Clean the Dishes and Bottles Immediately After Use
- 11.) Use Fly Protective Window Net to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- 12.) Use a Blow Dryer to Kill Fruit Flies
- 13.) Try Vinegar to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- 14.) Laundry Your Dish Rags Regularly
Fruit flies get attracted to overripe fruit/food easily. So, eat your fruits before they become overripe. Alternatively, you can discard them if you don’t feel like eating to get rid of fruit flies naturally.
2.) Discard Rotten Fruits to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
You will obviously not eat rotten fruits, but if you keep them for a long time in your house, fruit flies will start to appear. So, discard rotten fruits that are of no use to you to get rid of fruit flies.
3.) Keep Your Food/ Fruits in an Airlock Bag to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
You can keep your fruits in zip lock or airlock bags which come in different sizes. Therefore, fruit flies will not be able to smell the scent of the fruit and your home will be free from fruit flies.
4.) Do Not Put Your Food / Fruits Garbage in Paper Basket to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
You should completely discard rotten fruits, keeping them in the paper basket will allow the fruit flies to gather around it.
5.) Keep All Your Food / Fruits in a Transparent Container
If the fruit flies cannot smell the fruit, they won’t be gathering around your house. So, you can keep all your fruits in a transparent container.
6.) Try Trap Method to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
You can directly get rid of fruit flies by trapping them in a jar. For that, you need to place a fruit in a jar and wait for fruit flies to come in. Once you have felt that the jar is full with fruit jars, and then you can slowly close the jar mouth to trap them in. After they have been trapped, you can easily get rid of them by discarding them in the garbage or killing them with a spray.
7.) Take Professional Help to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
You can call the professional insecticide firm so that they can thoroughly clean your whole home. Well, this service will cost you some penny though.
8.) Use Anti-fly Spray to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
When you will see fruit flies roaming around the fruit, simply take out the fruit from there and use anti-fly spray on the flies. This will instantly kill them.
9.) Dispose any rotten vegetables to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
You should not keep any rotten vegetables as they will bring more flies. Discard them properly and keep your kitchen always clean.
10.) Clean the Dishes and Bottles Immediately After Use
You should immediately clean your dishes with dishwasher after it has been used. This will avoid any fruit flies to gather near it. Also, if you have the drunk fruit juice or wine in a bottle, make sure the bottle is thoroughly cleaned after use.
11.) Use Fly Protective Window Net to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
You can use fly protective window net so that flies cannot enter your home. But, first of all, you need to make sure that there are no flies already inside the house.
12.) Use a Blow Dryer to Kill Fruit Flies
Turn on your hair dryer and blow the flies. Air blow away from the fans and it will suck and trap all the flies. The flies trapped get burned in the heater inside the blow dryer.
13.) Try Vinegar to Get Rid of Fruit Flies
Vinegar has the capability to kill fruit flies. Put some vinegar in a cup and add a funnel on the top. Funnel helps to block the maximum number of flies.
14.) Laundry Your Dish Rags Regularly
Wash the dish-rags with soap and rinse them well. Regular cleaning of dish-rags prevents fruit flies to breed.
Fruit flies also bring some diseases with them. So, it is better to get rid of fruit flies. Preventive measure is always a better choice by stopping fruit flies from entering your home.
Other Tips to Get Rid of Fruit Flies:
- Sweet smell attracts fruit flies. Air fresheners doesn’t help in getting rid of fruit flies instead they attract them.
- Clean kitchen thoroughly to avoid fruit flies.
- Try apple cider vinegar to get rid of fruit flies.
- Wine also attracts fruit flies. Wine can be used to trap them.
- Cover your doors and windows properly.