How to use home remedies to get rid of eczema naturally? Eczema refers to a skin condition, where the skin, becomes, dry and patchy and often forms, red inflamed blisters. This skin condition is not contagious and cannot spread by coming in contact with anyone who has eczema. Since the skin remains irritated during an eczema attack, it is better to avoid scratching, which might cause bleeding and spread the disease. Eczema caused due to a variety of reasons. They occur commonly among small kids; however, their presence has been noted among a significant portion of the adult population.
Causes of Eczema:
- Irritants- various kinds of cosmetic soaps, body wash or shampoo’s, with harmful chemicals one of the leading causes behind eczema.
- Allergy- Many people suffer from terrible allergies, like dust, pollen or food related allergies. These allergies, act as a trigger, and tends to cause eruptions on the skin.
- Environment- Often extreme temperatures or too much humidity is the cause behind eczema- People who sweat a lot and work for long hours, wearing tight cloths suffer from eczema.
- Bacteria- The body reacts to many types of bacteria, that might be invisible to the normal eye. Even, if our immune system can prevent the microbes from harming us internally. It does attack our skin cells and leads to eczema.
- Stress- Lack of proper rest and a lot of stress in the work environment often makes the condition worse.
- Hormones- Women experience a change of hormones in their body, during their menstrual cycles. The hormonal imbalance, often leads to an eczema attack.
Natural Eczema Treatment to Get Rid of Eczema (Home Remedies):
1.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Eczema
- 1.) Chamomile Tea to Get Rid of Eczema
- 2.) Aloe- Vera to Get Rid of Eczema
- 3.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Eczema
- 4.) Carrot Paste to Get Rid of Eczema
- 5.) Horsetail Plant to Get Rid of Eczema
- 6.) Calendula and Marigold Flower to Get Rid of Eczema
- 7.) Juniper Berry, Sage and Thyme to Get Rid of Eczema
- 8.) Milk to Get Rid of Eczema
- Other Useful Tips to Get Relief from Eczema Fast:
Chamomile is one of the best way to treat eczema. You can follow the below step to use chamomile for eczema.
- Chamomile helps to reduce acute eczema pain.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add a teaspoon of chamomile tea to it.
- Turn the heat off and allow it to seep for 10 minutes.
- Filter the liquid, once it has cooled down.
- Take a clean wash cloth, or a gauge and dip it in the tea.
- Apply this gauge on your affected skin portion.
- Repeat the process every day for faster relief.
2.) Aloe- Vera to Get Rid of Eczema
Aloe-Vera is one of the natural remedy to cure eczema. You can follow the below step to use aloe-vera for eczema.
- Aloe Vera helps to soothe the skin and keep it well nourished.
- Cut a thick aloe- Vera leaf from the plant.
- Slit it open by making a horizontal incision along the midriff.
- Peel off the outer layer and scoop out the gel.
- Mix some vitamin E oil, with the gel and apply it on your affected skin.
- It will help to control the infection and provide a soothing relief to your skin.
3.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Eczema
- Cucumbers are anti inflammatory in nature, and can help to cure the eczema problem. Besides healing the skin, they can also make the irritated skin feel soothed.
- Cut very thin slices of an organic cucumber.
- Soak the cucumber slices in water for a few hours.
- After a few hours, remove the slices and dip a gauge in the water.
- Squeeze the extra liquid from the gauge and apply it to your eczema affected area.
- Repeat the process as many times as required in a day.
4.) Carrot Paste to Get Rid of Eczema
Carrot paste help to treat eczema. Follow the below steps to make carrot paste.
- Take a handful of organic carrots.
- Peel the outer layer and cut them into small slices.
- Boil the pieces in a wide bottom pan, until they are very soft.
- Strain the water, when it has cooled down.
- Once it has cooled down, smash the pieces to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected part of your skin.
- Carrots will help to control the virus and make your skin feel rejuvenated.
5.) Horsetail Plant to Get Rid of Eczema
- Take one liter water and place it in a wide bottom pan.
- Add 50 grams of horsetail root powder to the water and allow it to boil for 10 minutes.
- Filter the water, once it has cooled down.
- Add this water to your regular bathing water.
- Take a bath with this water to get rid of the infection.
6.) Calendula and Marigold Flower to Get Rid of Eczema
- The power of flower to heal and beautify our skin is exemplary.
- Add a few petals of calendula and marigold flower in a cup of boiling water.
- Turn off the heat and allow the petals to seep for a few minutes.
- Strain the liquid.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil to it.
- Dip a gauge in the solution and apply it on your eczema.
7.) Juniper Berry, Sage and Thyme to Get Rid of Eczema
- Take a cup of boiling water.
- Add one tablespoon of thyme, juniper berries and thyme each in that water.
- Allow the mixture to stand for a few minutes.
- Strain the liquid and drink it before your meal.
8.) Milk to Get Rid of Eczema
Milk can soothe the irritated skin and offer relief from the pain and itchy feeling. Soak a clean washcloth in a cup of cold milk and apply it on your eczema. Once the cloth heats up, repeat the process with fresh cold milk.
Few Most Effective Solution:
The basic problem, with eczema is dryness. So in order to tackle that problem, it is important that the skin is kept hydrated, to prevent the itching
Coconut oil – Coconut oil is very helpful for treating eczema- Apply a thin layer of this oil on your irritated skin to prevent the dryness and itching. Coconut oil is filled with natural enzymes and it works, better than many commercially available products.
Vitamin E oil- Vitamin E is very essential for the skin to heal and regenerate. Apply Some vitamin E oil, on your irritated skin, twice a day to experience relief. If you can’t get hold of Vitamin E oil readily, you can break open some gel like vitamin E capsules and use the oil.
Other Useful Tips to Get Relief from Eczema Fast:
- Apply Moisturizer- Moisturizing is the key to control eczema- Make sure, your body is well moisturized. You can use a natural moisturizer like coconut oil, or opt for a store based moisturizer. Whatever may be your choice, ensure the effect of the moisturizer lasts long.
- Refrain From Scratching – Scratching often worsens the situation. Try to avoid that. In case you feel provoked to scratch yourself, just use a hand glove to remind yourself, that scratching will only make the problem worse.
- Eat food high in Fatty acids- Eat foods, rich in omega 3 fatty acids, like walnuts, avocado, salmon, etc. These foods will reduce the inflammation and help your skin to heal faster internally.
- Shower- You don’t need to shower every day, if you can afford it. Even if you choose, to shower, make sure you use, very light cleanser, or no cleanser at all. Use lukewarm water for showering.
- Cloths- Wear light cotton clothes, preferably, with full sleeves, so that your skin is not exposed to the harmful rays of the sun.
- Humidifier- Use a humidifier during extreme temperatures, it will keep the virus in check, and prevent them from multiplying.
- Sweat- Don’t indulge in strenuous activities that can make you sweat. It will make your skin more irritated and cause further damage.
- Allergies- Eczema is often caused as a reaction to allergies. So keep your carpet and upholstery, free from dust mites, which might cause allergies. Stay away from pets and give them a good bath to ensure, they are not the reason, behind your painful situation.