Oil stains from clothes are very hard to get rid of. Especially the fried food and vegetable oil are a pretty hazard to our clothing. There are many tricks to get oil out of the clothes. There are many concerns in removing the oil stains there are various detergents and products available in the market to remove stains. Some detergents are harsh on the fabric. The oil stains also leave a dark patch like spot on the fabric. The harsh detergents are worse for fabrics as they make them look dull and sometimes degrade the colour. There are various tricks to clean the get oil out of cloth but they ruin the fabric. So here in this article, we will discuss ways to get oil out of clothes. You need to be a bit tricky to get oil out of clothes. There are some effective once which remove the oil out of your clothes without damaging your clothes and the fabric.
Ways to Get Oil Out of Clothes:
1.) Use Hot Water to Get Oil Out of Clothes
As the oil stains are greasy in nature you need to be tricky. Usually drying the stain can help you to remove the stain. It does not allow the fabric to completely absorb the oil. To remove greasy stains wash clothes with hot water. Try to use the hottest water but be careful with the fabric. Check the fabric properly if and use the hot water accordingly. The hot oil helps to drain out the excess oil. If you are too worried about the cloth you can just use hot water to soak that particular area or else place the stains spot under hot running water. You can easily get the perfect temperature for your cloth by checking the garment tags, it informs you about the cloth type and the washing process too.
2.) Use Powder to Remove Oil from Delicate Clothing
There are fabrics that get damaged in the process of washing. These delicate fabrics may be damaged if you rub them or use harsh detergents. So instead of rubbing the stains you can use this tricks to get oil out of clothes. You can use talcum powder on oil stains.
- Cover the garment or the stain with powder or cornstarch.
- Leave it for a few hours or if you wish keep it for a night in a warm place. The warm environment will help the powder to absorb the oil. This will make it easier for you to get oil out of the clothes.
- Later you can brush away the powder.
Repeat if the stain still remains. At the end wash the cloth with detergent or put in the washing machine.
3.) Blot the Oil to Get Oil Out of Clothes
If you get oil on your dress or in you need to act quickly. Bloting will help you to get oil out of clothes. You can use a tissue or a paper towel or else a cotton ball to blot the oil from the cloth.
- Just place the tissue or the paper towel on the oil and press gently. This will help to absorb the oil from the cloth.
- Blot the stain gently first to remove excess grease. Do not rub only dab on the surface.
- Later wash them using hot water and detergent.
Do not machine dry clothes if they have oil. Machine dryer will cause the stain to set on the fabric. Before using hot water go through the garment label first. This will instruct you about the fabric type and the treatment you should give to it.
4.) Laundry Detergents to Get Oil Out of Clothes
For non-delicate clothes, it is easy to take out the oil but the delicate once are the sophisticated once. Well, there are many products which can help you out to get oil out of the clothes. Some of this are in liquid form some are in powder form. Some properties of the liquid are similar to that of the bleach. The chemicals act as a bleach on the clothes and remove the stains. Some of this detergents are also oxy clean once.
You can use a detergent like – Tide plus bleach, they are available in powder and liquid form. Ecover is also one of the best detergents again beating in the competition is the wisk liquid cleaner it comes with stain spectrum. Caldera like ecover is a plant-based liquid detergent.
- Pre-treat the stain first with the detergent as directed.
- Allow it to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently dab the stain under a stream of hot water,
- Machine washing according to the garment care label.
On the other hand, you can use this detergent only on the particular place. Remove as much excess oil as possible with a dull knife or spoon.
- Apply liquid laundry detergent to the stained area.
- Leave it for a while. Allow the liquid to sit for 3-5 minutes so that the fabric soaks the liquid detergent completely. Do not allow the area to dry up.
- Wash in the hottest water safe for the fabric.
5.) Dishwashing Bars to Get Oil Out of Clothes
Dishwashing bars are effective on oil. You can use bars or liquids to cut through oil from your everyday clothes. To avoid damage use the dish washing bar or detergent on the spot only.
- Use hot water and detergent bar or liquid. Dishwashing products with lemon are best for this case.
- Apply dishwashing liquid properly and gently use an old, clean toothbrush on the stain. Rub using the brush in circular motions to rub the product into the stain
- Do not forget to test the product on a small, inconspicuous area first.
- Afterwards, rinse with hot water. Repeat if the stain persists.
Once the oil is visibly removed the put the clothes in the washing machine and was according to the garment care tag. This will surely help you to get oil out of clothes.