After writing how to get rid of roaches?, how to get rid of fruit flies?, how to get rid of ants?, how to get rid of fleas?, and home remedies to get rid of bed bugs naturally, we are now writing peppermint oil for bed bugs and and other remedies to kill and repel bed bugs. They are the small tiny insects which are without the wings and they live by sucking the blood of all warm blooded animals. Humans being the warm blooded are the most favorite victims of bed bugs. Bed bugs were before a typical general bug around the world, but they seemed to get instinct in the mid of the 20th century due to involvement of different medicines and pesticides against them. But since they learned to adapt and get immune to the environment in which human beings live, they have now become a part of our home.
Bed bugs are one of the immense voyagers of the world and are promptly transported through baggage, dress, bedclothes and furniture. They can be clearly seen through the naked eye and a mature bed bug is about the size of approximately ¼ inch long, oval in shape and considerably flattened from above. Bed bugs are now considered to be an emerging problem and they particularly reside in dormitories, shelters, bedrooms and wherever they find a suitable place. In this article, we are writing the peppermint oil for bed bugs and few other remedies and solutions that will help you to get rid of bed bugs really fast.
Peppermint Oil For Bed Bugs And Other Remedies to Kill & Repel Bed Bugs:
- Peppermint Oil For Bed Bugs And Other Remedies to Kill & Repel Bed Bugs:
- 1.) Peppermint Oil For Bed Bugs
- 2.) Turmeric Powder to Kill Bed Bugs
- 3.) Alcohol to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- 4.) Clove For Bed Bugs
- 5.) Azadirachta Indica (Neem) For Bed Bugs
- 6.) Tea Tree Oil For Bed Bugs
- 7.) Garlic For Bed Bugs
- 8.) Lavender to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- 9.) Red Chilies For Bed Bugs
- 10.) Vacuum Cleaner to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- 11.) Properly Wash Clothes to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- 12.) Steam to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- 13.) Light Exposure to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
1.) Peppermint Oil For Bed Bugs
People usually ask that does peppermint oil repel bed bugs? So, the answer is yes peppermint is very effective to repel the bed bugs. Peppermint oil offers a smell that causes unfavorable susceptibility in the bed bugs. This basic oil that is found in the majority of the houses serves as a compelling home remedy to bed bugs. Bed bugs can’t tolerate the smell of peppermint and consequently they die due to the smell. Peppermint scent gags the bed bugs and it kills their instinct of direction. This leads to the ultimate death of bed bugs.
- Certain different oils like that of lavender excessively are beneficial and effective against bed bugs. The smell of these oils is overpowering for these bugs. Then again, you have to make sure of one thing while utilizing these home cures. You have to make sure that you or your family are not affected by the smell of any of these oils.
- Peppermint oil gives an aroma that triggers hypersensitivities in bugs that live on couches and beds. This oil is an incredible home solution against bed bugs.
- Mint is amazingly intense in keeping bed bugs from sullying your home and your beds. Some different oils like lavender likewise kill bugs. Their smells are powerful to these parasites. However, you must be sure that no one in your family is sensitive to these smells either.
2.) Turmeric Powder to Kill Bed Bugs
Turmeric is an effective natural herb, which is considered to be an enemy of bed bugs and helps to get rid of bed bugs. Natural remedies always work better in every circumstance, but the point is that you need to understand where to apply them and how to apply them. It is one natural herb powder, which is very effective and works as a natural antibiotic medicine to kill bed bugs.
- Turmeric contains Curcumin, which works intensely against all the bacteria and microbial germs and pesticides and makes unfavorable conditions for the survival of bugs.
- This powder diminishes the supply of oxygen inside the sleeping pads. The bugs get caught and they bite the dust because of inadequate oxygen supply. This may sound astonishing, yet is valid.
- Turmeric powder is a viable home remedy for bed bugs. For the treatment of bed bug bites off your body, turmeric powder paste can work like amazing! Just mix one teaspoon turmeric powder is water to make a thick paste and apply it on the bites all over your body. You will feel the change in hours. It reduces the redness as well as the itching that these bites create. Read other ways to treat bed bug bites at home fast.
3.) Alcohol to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Bed Bugs are unequipped for developing and supporting themselves in acidic conditions. Great unfriendly conditions can consequently be made through the utilization of isopropyl liquor. This compound results in the inevitable killing of these irritating sort of creatures after a time of consistent application. This process requires time, patience and consistency. One needs to rehash this system for no less than six to seven days on a jog. Consistent application of alcohol can help you to get rid of the bed bugs. The pinching smell of alcohol cannot be endured by the bed bugs and hence they are ultimately dead.
Soak your bed sheets and couch sheets in alcoholic water and make them dry in the sunlight. It helps in initiating a wall against the bed bugs to reside as they cannot tolerate the smell. It also helps in already residing bed bugs in the bed to be dead due to the smell inside bed covers and the couch covers.
4.) Clove For Bed Bugs
Eugenol is the basic element, which is present in the clove which gives it a particular peculiar taste. Eugenol is a compound that offers acidic PH and smell to cloves. This is the genuine purpose of the non survival of bed bugs as they cannot survive to the particular smell of clove. Place clove oil or the clove itself in the spaces between your beds and cushions. It will produce a particular smell inside your bed covers and in the room which will work against the bed bugs. All the home cures are hundred percent alright for human well being.
5.) Azadirachta Indica (Neem) For Bed Bugs
Azadirachta Indica (Neem) is also known as the Indian Lilac which is mainly grown in the soil of India and other parts of the Asian courtiers. Neem is one effective remedy to remove the bed bugs.
- All you have to do is take a few leaves off the Neem plant and wash the leaves properly. Take boiling water and put the leaves in that water and let it boil for around 20-30 minutes.
- This will result in all the juice of the leaves to get mixed in the water.
- Let the water to cool down and put all of your infected clothes and bed covers inside that water. Do not mix anything else in that water.
- Let the clothes stay in Neem water for about an hour and then wash them with tap water.
- Dry the clothes in open sunlight.
- The neem water is peculiar in taste as well as in the smell. It serves as antibiotic too, which helps in the prevention of the bed bugs and their eggs.
- Moreover neem water can also be very helpful in the treatment of bed bug bites. Taking bath with neem water works as a perfect medicine against the bites and it also helps prevention of the bed bugs to bite you!
6.) Tea Tree Oil For Bed Bugs
Tea tree oil is an effective treatment to get rid of bed bugs. This oil is a bit expensive, but it is very effective and it ensures complete elimination of the bed bugs and its eggs. Tea tree oil has antibacterial ingredients which create unfavorable conditions for the bed bugs and ultimately leading them to die. Antibacterial element present in the tea tree oil works as a strong ingredient for killing these parasites.
- To use tea tree oil in effective means, add 300 ml of oil in boiling water. Put your infected clothes in this water and let it rest for about an hour.
- After that rinse your clothes with tap water and wash them off with any detergent in order to take off all the oil.
- Dry your clothes in sunlight. You can apply his treatment on all the clothes, toys, curtains, bed covers, cushion covers etc. once a week in order to eliminate bed bugs completely.
7.) Garlic For Bed Bugs
As already discussed, the natural remedies work best for the treatment of the bed bugs. Like tea tree oil and turmeric powder, garlic has also got built-in natural antifungal properties, which work to get rid of bed bugs.
- Take garlic and peel it off properly. Crush all of its pieces a bit. For your convenience, make small pouches of cloth or just put it in a small bowl and place it in the corners of your room. Garlic smell is very effective in this regard.
- The smell will spread in all the surroundings of the room which will make the senses of the bed bugs to die and ultimately the bed bugs to die.
- As discussed earlier, bed bugs are fond of living in certain conditions and in a certain environment. If you make their surroundings unfavorable through any different odor or antibacterial element, it makes their survival difficult.
- Although the smell of garlic is weird for humans too, but once it is tolerated, it will make you free from the irritating pesticides.
8.) Lavender to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Lavender is a name of a flower which has a particularly strong smell. It works as an effective repellent to get rid of bed bugs. The smell of lavender cannot be tolerated and endured by the bed bugs. Lavender is one of the easiest ways to get rid of the bed bug as the flower essence is available in sprays as well.
- Buy a lavender spray bottle and spray it all over your bed sheets, curtains, couches and cushions and even on to your clothes.
- Another way is, pluck the lavender flowers and let them dry. Put the dried flowers in your room, in your cupboards and under your bed.
- This will help in spreading a particular smell of lavender flowers which will be disturbing for the bed bugs and ultimately lead them to die very soon.
- It will help not only in the prevention of the bed bugs and their bites, but also creating an aroma of beautiful flowers in your room.
- Lavender flowers are pretty awesome and they can also be placed inside a room in a beautiful vase which may give an appealing effect to the overall look of your room.
9.) Red Chilies For Bed Bugs
Red chilies or Cayenne pepper is a herb which is an important ingredient of cooking. It is a spicy herb which is used to put flavors in different dishes. Red chilies can also be used for the prevention of the bed bugs. Due to the spicy taste of these chilies, they can be as effective as anything else. This herb can really be an irritating element for the bed bugs. Chilies are also harmful for human beings if they are taken as raw. For bed bugs, they definitely work successfully.
- All you need to do is buy the red chilies and let them get dry in the sunlight for a day or two.
- Make small bags of red chilies and place them under your bed and in your cupboard which has infected clothes. This will create an infuriating environment for the bed bugs to live and ultimately lead them to die.
- If you have small kids in your home, then this remedy can be a bit dangerous until and unless you place chilly bags at such a place which is not reachable by the small kids.
10.) Vacuum Cleaner to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
The air pressure can also work as a smart remedy for the removal of bed bugs from the infected areas. Vacuum has the property of sucking each and every dirt particle through air pressure. If you don’t want any sort of smell to prevail in your room or any difficult way to adopt, vacuum cleaner is the best option then.
- It can successfully be utilized to uproot bed bugs and their eggs from your beds, couches and small places in the room.
- Keep in mind to focus on the creases of bedding and box springs, along edges of rugs, under baseboard, and in some other spaces and any place where you feel the presence of bed bugs.
- You won’t get all bugs and eggs with a solitary vacuum treatment because you may not get to work out in each and every corner. So rehashing the procedure several times is much suggested.
11.) Properly Wash Clothes to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Washing can really help you in lowering the pain and itching caused by the bites of bed bugs. As these insects feed on human blood and when they suck the blood, one gets dark red blisters which are really painful. It is recommended not to sleep in places or on such mattresses which are expected to have these parasites inside them.
- Washing helps in the prevention of any skin infection or skin disease that may lead to serious problems afterwards.
- Washing prevents itching. Itching can cause the bites to get worse. So it is very important that the itching is controlled somehow.
- If you are unable to get the medicine on urgent basis, then the easiest way to lower down the pain and itching due to bed bugs is watching that body part off. Washing enables to react in such a way that it prevents multiplication of the infection.
- It has been tested that through regular washing parasite bites 3 times a day results in healing within one week or two.
12.) Steam to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Steam infiltration is an exceptionally basic home solution for fighting against the bed bugs. This home cure is impacted by means of the vermin control strategy received by expert organizations. These bugs can’t tolerate a temperature higher than a certain degree.
- Consequently, it is an alternative to put hot steam straightforwardly over your bedding.
- Because bed bugs are unable to tolerate high temperatures, the die due to hot steam.
- This home cure is very mainstream and is adopted by many people at their homes, since it can likewise successfully kill the eggs of these parasites too.
- Then again, this system works out to be successful and helpful until and unless the quantity of bugs in your bunk is not alarmingly high. In the event that these parasites have effectively developed and recreated to a vast degree, every one of them may not be killed through a hot steam as well.
- So, this natural remedy can only work out for you at the time when bed bugs are at initial stage and have not developed and reproduced much.
13.) Light Exposure to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Researchers have found out that the bed bugs reside in very small areas and increases where you cannot even think off. They can even penetrate inside your mattresses and can irritate you while sleeping. So it is very important that you first diagnose and get to know the proper and particular place where the bed bugs are residing, the reproducing power of bed bugs is also very strong and speedy, so it is likely favorable that they have laid eggs in the places where they are present too.
The very first step of addressing the problem is to know about where the problem actually lies. So it is very important that you get to know about the actual place where the bed bugs are residing inside your room. Using the flashlight you can actually come to know about the places affected by the bed bugs where you may not have even thought about. The bed bugs are very tiny creatures which can sneeze into the smallest places and creases of your bed and couches.