After writing how to get rid of pimples overnight?, how to get rid of blackheads?, how to get rid of whiteheads?, and how to remove pimple marks?, we are now writing the best way to pop a pimple. Pimple are ugly, filthy spots that nobody want to have on their face or any other part of their body. Our first response after seeing them is to crack or pop them. Be cautious, popping pimples isn’t always the best treatment as it usually leads to marks and might lead to the infection. If you want to pop a pimple then you need to be follow the right procedure to pop a pimple without leaving a scar. The pus in the pimple is usually infectious and when it pours out, it can extend the infection to other areas of the skin. This article will help you to pop a pimple effectively and without leaving scar and cleaning the infection also.
Best Way to Pop a Pimple:
1.) Before You Pop a Pimple:
Wash Your Hands Properly: Washing hands is essential before you pop a pimple. Keep in mind, pimples are very susceptible, therefore, any added infection can worsen the situation. In this situation, avoid touching the pimple with exposed fingers as much as possible. Wash your hands properly. Make sure your nails are clean and trimmed. It is always best to use cover or gloves. If you’re using a blackhead or whitehead removing tool, make sure it is sterile and cleaned before you touch the pimple.
Clean the Surrounding Skin : For this, use an antiseptic cleanser and using cotton, just wipe the close by areas of the pimple to get rid of any dirt, bacteria and excess oil that could hamper the popped pimple from curing fast.
Exfoliate: Exfoliation means of cleaning the dead skin on the pimple. It helps to relax the skin, making it easier to pop the pimple by reducing the pressure you need to put with your finger tips. Apply few drops of exfoliator, if possible with salicylic acid, which helps to remove the dead cells of the skin. Wipe off with warm water so that it helps the pores open up. Read article on how to exfoliate your skin?
Pop at The Center of Pimple: Put your fingers just near to the pimple and not on the pimple. Since you have previously exfoliated and your skin is not that rigid anymore, if you gently put little pressure on your fingers, the pus would come out easily. Keep massaging the adjacent areas till the complete pus is out. Do not touch the pus or pimple the. Use cotton to clean it. Please note, if the pimple starts to lose blood, it is a sign that you have put too much pressure. This could also leave a mark behind. Once you are finished, clean the area with an antibacterial solution.
2.) Use The Extractor
It is a thin, metal tool that looks a bit like something you have seen at a dentist’s clinic or a manicurist’s beauty salon. Extractors differ, but they often have one sharp-pointed edge end and one rounded, looped end. This is a low-cost option, and you can easily use it multiple times, if you make sure you cleanse it.
3.) Use The Cotton Swab
Another low-priced, pimple-popping instrument is a cotton swab. Although, you can’t use swabs again like you can with a extractor, they are cheaper. Using cotton gives you a good access to a pimple. You can press the pimple from all sides and get into corner and crevice that you wouldn’t be able to feel with your fingers. Cotton swabs offer one more advantage by absorbing excess oil and pus that come out of the pimple, so there is no chance of spreading it across your skin and causing more problems.
4.) Using a Needle
In professionals a sterile needle is frequently used to cautiously break the surface of the skin, letting the pus to come out easier without any damage to the skin surface. The most essential thing here is making sure you only break the very top coating of skin. There should be no pain or blood whatsoever, in fact you actually should feel nothing but a mild scraping. Always use a sterile and thin needle and wash it with boiling water. Place the needle lying almost plane across your skin, very softly make a tiny split in the top layer of the skin on the whitehead if done correctly with less pressure the pus will ooze out by itself.
5.) Lasers and Light Treatments
Phototherapy does have benefits in cases of cystic acne. It certainly costs additional and often requires several visits, but you can’t pop acne cysts on your own. You may also want to go this way if you have areas of acne that are solid to reach, like on your back.
Why Not to Pop a Pimple?
The reason you should never pop a pimple is that anytime you intentionally break your skin. You risk producing a scar or getting an infection. Popping pimples also in long-term can be destructive to your skin. Sometimes, it’s not possible to wait for a pimple to fade away on its own. This article explain and discover when a pimple is all set to be popped, and how to do it carefully with less pain and damage. However, use a hydro-colloidal bandage on a pimple, when possible. Below are some of the problems that might take place:
- Slower Healing: Poping at a pimple can spread the bacteria, even further into the pore. It might also lead to a deeper infection. You also develop pimple bacteria from dirty tools or fingers. Both ways, it can take a longer time for your body to get rid of the infection.
- Spreading the Infection: When you break the sac of a pimple that enclose debris, oil and bacteria, the pus could home inside other pores, increasing the possibility of more acne.
- Weeping, Scarring and Bruising: Damaging your skin in any way can not only be susceptible to more bacteria getting in, but you can be at risk of for long-term scarring and discolorations. Plus, a discharging wet pimple is difficult to handle.
- Brain Abscess: Popping is a very risky method to get rid of pimples. If you make a deep infection in the area from the edges of your mouth to the bridge of your nose, the bacteria can immediately contact to your brain.
Tips to Avoid Further Pimples:
Pimples are a result of eating junk food, drinking less water and basically having an unhealthy lifestyle. So here are a few things you can keep an eye out for.
- Keep a check on what you eat. Maintain a healthy skin care regime by cleaning, toning and moisturizing regularly. Keep your skin clean by using an appropriate face wash suiting your skin.
- Keep in mind that pimples have a life of their own. It is better to leave them to heal on their own. Do not pop a pimple unless you have a very important event where it is absolutely essential to look your best. Another way of doing this the easy way is to use makeup to hide pimples.
- So if you do have a pimple that is ripe and read and outside the “triangle of death”, then give these tips a try. I’ll bet your extraction will have a more successful outcome than if you try what most people do, which is to attack and macerate the pimple, causing bruising, bleeding or scarring.
- Remember to always work with clean, sterilized tools and skin and that you want to pierce across, not down. Yes, ripping the head of the pimple does sound a bit scary, but I’ve tried this technique and it really works! No damage whatsoever.