In this article, you will get to know the various remedies to get rid of ringworm naturally. Ringworm is a fungal infection which infects your skin and also infects scalp, finger nails and toe nails. It is a ring like structure which is caused by a worm beneath the skin. There are various fungi that brings ringworm such as dermatophytes. These fungi live on keratin, which is a protein that is present on the skin, hair and also in nails.
It is a very common skin problem and highly contagious fungal infection. The fungal infection can spread from person to person, soil to person and animal to person. It can be spread by physical contact from person to person. It is also caused by sharing things such as hairbrushes, towels and bedding. Ringworm can appear anywhere on the body. It is accompanied by scaly patches, inflammation, redness and itching. After treating, it takes 2 to 3 weeks to recover completely.
Ringworm is a fungal infection and that is medically known as ‘Tinea’. Ringworm is not a serious problem as it can be easily treated. So it is important to stop the infection from spreading. There are various treatments to treat ringworm like antifungal creams, home remedies and natural remedies. You can treat it by using any of these methods.
Symptoms of Ringworm:
- A ring like red rash on the skin.
- Inflamed skin
- Scaly and itchy skin
- Small patches on the skin
- Burning sensation on the skin.
- Swelling on the skin
Causes of Ringworm:
- Ringworm spreads by touching the infected person or human to human.
- Fungus is present in the soil so you may be infected by contact with soil.
- This infection also spread by animals to humans, especially in children. The fungal and bacterial infections are present on their skin, causing ringworm.
- By touching personal items of infected people like clothes, bedding, hairbrush and towels.
How do You Get Ringworm?
Ringworm is a skin infection, which occurs due to fungus. It is a very common problem among children. There are many reasons from which you can get ringworm. Many fungi and bacteria live on your body that cause infections like ringworm. You can also affected by touching an infected person or by sharing personal things with an infected person as it is contagious.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally:
- Best Remedies to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally:
- 1.) Anti-Fungal Creams and Ointments to Treat Ringworm Fast
- 2.) Iodine to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
- 3.) Garlic to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally and Fast
- 4.) Indian Lilac or Neem to Treat Ringworm Naturally
- 5.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
- 6.) Vinegar and Salt to Get Rid of Ringworm Fast
- 7.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Ringworm at Home
- 8.) Lemongrass to Get Rid of Ringworm Fast and Naturally
- 9.) Licorice Root to Treat Ringworm at Home
- 10.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
- 11.) Papaya to Cure Ringworm Fast
- 12.) Coconut Oil to Treat Ringworm Fast and Naturally
Here are the best remedies that will help you to treat ringworm.
1.) Anti-Fungal Creams and Ointments to Treat Ringworm Fast
Using antifungal cream or lotion is the best way to treat ringworm. You can use creams such as terbinafine or clotrimazole to get rid of ringworm on arms and legs. These creams are available in the market. Apply this cream on on the infected area. It takes two to three weeks to recover ringworm completely.
2.) Iodine to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
Iodine is very effective to eliminate ringworm as it contains antiseptic and antifungal properties. You can buy an iodine solution from a medical store. Don’t use it more than three times a day.
Steps to Use Iodine:
- First, use antibacterial soap to wash the infected area.
- Use a clean towel to pat it dry.
- Soak a cotton swab in Iodine solution.
- Dab this cotton swab on the affected area.
- Do it 2 to 3 times a day for 3 to 4 weeks.
3.) Garlic to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally and Fast
Garlic has strong antifungal properties that help to prevent ringworm. Garlic is one of the best remedies to cure ringworm.
Steps to Use Garlic:
- Take two garlic cloves and peel them.
- Now, crush them.
- Rub the crushed garlic on the ringworm many times a day.
- Do it 4 to 5 days until you get the relief from ringworm symptoms.
4.) Indian Lilac or Neem to Treat Ringworm Naturally
Indian lilac leaves are one of the best natural remedies to cure ringworm as it contains antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. It is also used to treat many skin infections.
Steps to Use Indiana Lilac or Neem:
- Take some neem leaves and crushed them.
- Now, combine these crushed leaves, sesame oil and turmeric powder.
- Apply this neem paste on the affected area.
- An alternate method, you can use neem oil on the infected area. Apply it once a day for a few days until the infection is gone. You can also use one cup of aloe vera gel mixed with one half tsp of neem oil.
5.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
Tea tree oil is one of the most effective home remedies to treat ringworm due to its antiseptic and antifungal properties.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil to Treat Ringworm:
- Take few drops of tea tree oil and dab a cotton ball in it.
- Now, dab this cotton ball on the infected area.
- Repeat it 2 to 3 times in a day for a week.
- You can also dilute tea tree oil in water and then apply it on the red rashes.
- Lavender oil can also be used to eliminate ringworm.
6.) Vinegar and Salt to Get Rid of Ringworm Fast
Vinegar and salt helps to fight fungal and bacterial infections. Hence, it is useful and effective to treat ringworm fast.
Steps to Use Vinegar and Salt:
- Combine salt and vinegar to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected skin and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Repeat it 2 to 3 times in a day for a week until the fungal infection is gone.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Ringworm at Home
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent way to cure ringworm on legs and arms due to its astringent and antimicrobial qualities.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Put a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar.
- Apply it on the infected arms and legs.
- Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times a day for some days until the infection recovers.
8.) Lemongrass to Get Rid of Ringworm Fast and Naturally
Lemongrass helps to prevent ringworm due to its strong anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. It also helps to get relief from itching and redness on the skin. Plus, It removes all the toxins from the body.
Steps to Use Lemongrass:
- Prepare lemongrass tea or a combination of chamomile tea and lemongrass.
- Drink it 3 times in a day.
- You can also apply lemongrass essential oil, lemongrass tea bags or a mixture of lemongrass leaves and buttermilk on the affected skin. These lemongrass methods help to get relief from ringworm.
9.) Licorice Root to Treat Ringworm at Home
Licorice root has various fungicidal compounds that helps to get rid of ringworm fast and naturally. Licorice root is one of the most beneficial natural remedies to cure ringworm.
Steps to Use Licorice Root Naturally:
- Take one cup of water and boil it.
- Now, add 5 to 6 tsp of licorice root powder in this water.
- Boil it again for 20 minutes on low flame.
- Strain the solution and let it cool down.
- Soak a cotton swab in this solution and dab it on the infected skin.
- Do it 3 times a day until you get relief from the ringworm.
10.) Turmeric to Get Rid of Ringworm Naturally
Turmeric is one of the most important ingredient in various Ayurvedic remedies due to its antibiotic, antiseptic and antifungal properties. Plus, it speeds up the healing process and soothes the skin.
Steps to Use Turmeric Powder Naturally:
- Grate raw turmeric root and extract the juice from it. Apply this turmeric juice 3 times a day until the infection is gone.
- You can also heat one-half cup of milk mixed with ¼ tsp of turmeric powder and drink this milk. This milk helps to heal your infection fast.
11.) Papaya to Cure Ringworm Fast
By using raw papaya you can easily get rid of recurring ringworm. It helps to kill fungi that cause ringworm due to having antifungal qualities.
Steps to Use Papaya:
- Take a slice of raw papaya and rub it on the affected skin.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and then wash it with warm water.
- Do it 2 times a day for a few days to prevent ringworm.
- You can also use fresh papaya leaf juice or a mixture made with dried papaya seeds. This mixture is also helpful to cure ringworm fast.
12.) Coconut Oil to Treat Ringworm Fast and Naturally
Coconut oil is a very effective home remedy in treating ringworm due to its healing properties. Coconut oil also helps to get rid of ringworm on scalp. Coconut oil will eliminate residue of the fungal infection.
Steps to Use Coconut oil:
- Take some coconut oil.
- Apply it directly on the affected skin.
- Leave it overnight and repeat it every night for some days to get relief from ringworm.
Additional Useful Tips to Get Rid of Ringworm:
- Washing hands daily is an excellent way to prevent ringworm from spreading.
- If your pets carry ringworm then stay away from your pets and treat it.
- In extreme conditions, consult a doctor to cure ringworm.
- If you suffer from fungal infection, then don’t wear too much clothes.
- Do not share your personal items.
- To treat scalp ringworm, you can shampoo with antifungal product.
- Maintain good hygiene to treat ringworm.
- You can also use diluted bleach by mixing equal amounts of water and bleach to get rid of ringworm fast.