How to get rid of acne scars with natural remedies? Acne is a skin condition, where the hair follicles of the skin, gets clogged by dirt and oil and inflammation occur. Usually these inflammations are harmless in nature and tends to go away by itself naturally. However, at certain times, the acne spreads its roots deeper into the skin and might require medical attention. Acne usually don’t cause much of a harm, but if they are pricked and pocked, they tend to take a longer time to heal, leading to ugly scar marks. These scar marks can be really stubborn and can seriously pull the level of confidence in a person down. There are few superb article on how to get rid of pimples?, How to get rid of blackheads?, and Blackhead removal remedies to remove blackheads on our website.
Causes of Acne:
- Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Scars:
- 1. Lemon to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
- 2. Honey and Cinnamon to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
- 3. Baking Soda to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
- 4. Turmeric and Honey to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- 5. Sandalwood Paste and Rosewater to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- 6. Tomato to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- 7. Aspirin and Honey to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- 8. Egg White Treatment to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- 9. Aloe-Vera Gel to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- 10. Oatmeal Paste to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
- 11. Fenugreek Seed Paste Treatment to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- 12. Milk and Honey Mask to Get Rid of Acne Scars
- Other Useful Tips to Prevent Acne Scars:
Acne is caused by numerous factors, however the factors, related to lifestyle related habits are the major stimulants.
- Excess Oil Secretion– excess oil secretion is one of the main reasons behind acne formation. This oil clogs the pores and helps the dirt to accumulate, leading to acne. Excess oil secretion happens, when we consume a lot of oily food, which makes the sebaceous glands overactive.
- Stress- Acne is also a result of stress- Under extreme stress, the body produces a stress hormone, known as androgens. This androgen hormone, in turn, activates the sebaceous glands, which secretes more oil, thereby leading to pimples.
- Cosmetics- Cosmetics play a major role in acne formation Very often, the cosmetics we use are oil based. These cosmetics tend to block the skin pores. Even failure to remove these cosmetics in time, can lead to blocked pores, thereby, making it a breeding ground for bacteria, which causes pimples.
- Genetics– Acne is not merely a cosmetic or climatic problem. It also has genetic properties. It has been observed that a child born into a family of people, who has a history of acne related problems, are more disposed to acquire it, than his peers or counterparts.
- Teenage Hormones– During the teenage years, an individual’s body goes through a lot of change. Mostly these changes are hormonal. A particular hormone, known as androgen is secreted. This hormone is known as a sex hormone and it stimulates the functioning of the sebaceous gland, thereby leading to excess oil secretion.
- Medicine – Acne can also be a sign of certain medication side effects. Certain medicines, tends to create a hormonal imbalance, which in turn makes the sebaceous glands overactive, leading to acne formation.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Scars:
Acne as we all know is not a disease and just a side effect of numerous factors, which might either be related to lifestyles, food habits or environment. The scars left behind by acne can be treated either by many medicinal creams, available in the market, but most of them, generally tend to make the skin harsh and cause other side effects. Home remedies are therefore most preferred way of treating the scars. The results might not be fast, but it will surely be effective in a long run.
1. Lemon to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
Lemon juice is by far the best treatment known to mankind for removing acne scars. It has a high amount of vitamin C which will help to make improve the texture of the skin. The bleaching property of lemon, will help to make the skin lighter.
- Take a lemon and slice it into two halves.
- Squeeze the juice in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball in the juice.
- Apply it on your acne scars and leave it for a couple of hours.
- Rinse your face and apply a water based moisturizer.
- Repeat this process every day for faster results and get rid of acne scars.
2. Honey and Cinnamon to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
Honey and cinnamon acts as natural exfoliating agents, and can heal the skin naturally in a big way.
- Take a few strands of cinnamon.
- Grind in a grinder and make a powder.
- Take one teaspoon of the powder and add one teaspoon of honey to it.
- Mix them together and form a paste.
- Apply it on your acne and leave it overnight.
- Rinse your face with water in the morning to get rid of acne scars.
3. Baking Soda to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
Baking soda is a good exfoliant and can reduce the blemish in a big way.
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with a few drops of water to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on your scars and gently message it for a couple of minutes.
- Leave the soda paste on your skin for a few minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Make sure you don’t leave the paste on your skin for too long as it might make your skin harsh.
- Apply a good moisturizer and repeat he process at least twice every day to get rid of acne scars.
4. Turmeric and Honey to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory agent and can help the skin to heal fast. It also helps to lighten the scar and give your face a uniform skin tone. It is always better to use turmeric in the raw paste form, rather than in powder form, which might contain , many chemical impurities.
- Take a few turmeric roots and peel off the outer layer.
- Make small slices and place them in a grinder
- Grind them into a paste, using little water.
- Take one teaspoon of this paste and add honey to it.
- Mix them together and apply them on your face.
- You will be able to see the difference in a short span of time.
5. Sandalwood Paste and Rosewater to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Both these ingredients are widely used in many parts of Asia to enhance the skin texture and reduce blemishes.
- Measure about half a teaspoon of sandalwood powder.
- Add around one teaspoon of rose-water to the powder.
- Mix them together and form a paste.
- Apply this paste on your skin with a cotton ball and leave it to dry.
- Once it dries off, rinse it off with cold water.
- This treatment will not only remove the ugly acne scars, but also render a beautiful glow to your skin.
6. Tomato to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Tomato is higher in astringent properties and useful to get rid of acne scars naturally. It helps to clean the skin, tone it and bleach, without any defective side effects.
- Take a ripe tomato and cut thin slices.
- Rub it on your face and leave it for a few minutes.
- You can also use tomato juice for similar purposes.
- Take a tomato and grind it in a blender.
- Strain the juice and dip a cotton ball in it.
- Apply the juice, with the help of a cotton ball.
- Regular use will provide you with a brighter looking skin.
7. Aspirin and Honey to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Even though aspirin is not a natural element, but still mixing it with honey multiples its exfoliant capacity and can help it to remove the outer layer of the skin where the scars occur.
- Take a few aspirin tablets and crush them to form a powder.
- Add a quarter teaspoon of honey to the powder and form a paste.
- Apply the honey and aspirin paste on your face, with the help of your finger tips and scrub it gently.
- If possible, leave the paste on your scars overnight.
- In the morning wash your face, with cold water to get rid of acne scars.
- Repeat the process regularly and you will be able to notice the difference in a short span of time.
8. Egg White Treatment to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Steps to Follow:
- Egg whites will help to reduce the inflammation are help in treating acne scars.
- For this, you need only the egg whites only. You have to collect the egg white into bowl carefully.
- You can break the egg-shell carefully and separate the egg whites by tossing the egg in the broken shells.
- After separating the egg whites, whisk it to make a foam.
- Apply this form on the affected area and allow to settle for 45 to 50 minutes or till it completely dry.
- When it completely died off, wash off with cold water.
9. Aloe-Vera Gel to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Steps to Follow:
- Aloe- Vera gel works wonders for the skin. Simply applying it on the skin will reduce the marks greatly.
- Fresh Aloe-vera work best than the aloe vera gel.
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and remove the rind with the help of a sharp knife.
- Gently scrape the yellowish inner layer of the leaf, until the gel part is exposed.
- Take a spoon and peel off the gel and transfer it into a glass jar.
- Apply this gel on your face and allow it to sit for a couple of hours.
- Rinse your face and repeat the process again at bedtime.
10. Oatmeal Paste to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
Steps to Follow:
- Oatmeal is a great exfoliant and can help to peel off the upper layer of the skin and reduce the appearance of the scar.
- Take 2-3 tablespoon of regular oatmeal.
- Grind in a mixer to form a powder.
- Add a little water and form a paste.
- Apply it on your skin and gently scrub it with your fingers.
- Allow the oatmeal to sit for a few minutes and then wash your face with cold water.
- This is a relatively simple process, which does not require any extra ingredient and is quite handy.
11. Fenugreek Seed Paste Treatment to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Steps to Follow:
- Fenugreek seeds are very effective in providing relief from the ugly acne marks.
- For this, take a bowl filled with water and put a handful of fenugreek seeds for soaking overnight.
- In morning, drain the water and grind these seeds to make a fine paste.
- Now, apply this paster this paste on acne affected area with the help of your fingers.
- Allow it to dry for a few hours. Once it has completely dried, wash it off with cold water.
12. Milk and Honey Mask to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Steps to Follow:
- Honey is a good exfoliant and milk can provide a soothing effect to the skin.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with 2-3 teaspoons of raw milk.
- Apply the paste on your face with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave the paste on your face for a couple of minutes.
- Wash your face and apply a good moisturizer.
Other Useful Tips to Prevent Acne Scars:
Acne scars sometimes occur naturally and sometimes they are induced by the patient. When an acne is deep-rooted it takes time to heal and leaves behind an ugly scar.
- Avoid Poking or Pricking to Prevent Acne Scars – Many a time acne has a puss formation in them and are quite inflamed. Often we are desperate to get rid of the puss and the pain and we end up pricking it. This only worsens the situation. The juice from the acne spreads to the surrounding region and causes more damage.
- Avoid Direct Sunlight to Prevent Acne Scars – Sunlight is very harmful to the skin in general, and to acne in particular. The UV rays of the sun tend to make the scars deeper and darker and it becomes difficult to treat them. Always carry an umbrella or a hat , while going out. Apply sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher. These Preventive measures will not only heal your skin faster, but also prevent the outbreak of acne in general.
- Drink Water to Prevent Acne Scars – Water is the lifeline on which our body functions. It helps to flush out all the harmful toxins from our body. Along with all other body parts, drinking enough water will ensure that your skin remains hydrated and toxin free. A toxin free skin is the password to a great looking blemish free skin.
- Balanced Diet to Prevent Acne Scars – Eat a balanced diet and include a lot of fruits. Fruits, especially citrus fruits have a high amount of vitamin C content in them. Vitamin C helps your skin to build the collagen, which is needed to heal and repair the skin. So include a fruit in your daily diet and you will notice an overall improvement in your skin and body soon enough.
- Patience to Prevent Acne Scars – Have patience and be consistent in your approach. Patience is the key, while dealing with any stubborn, skin related problems, especially something like acne marks. To show consistency in your approach and repeat a process over a period of time without giving up. You can try multiple approach, but the practice should be regular. Above all, love your body, for what it is. Having a positive attitude is important in ensuring, that you have a great looking healthy skin.